* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Monster Hunter World, Bloodstained, Mega Man Legacy, Panzer Dragoon Orta, more | GwG: Q.U.B.E. 2, Race the Sun; Dragon Age II

#12181 rickr304   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

rickr304

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

Opinions on the best single player stories this past year? (Can include PS4 and Switch.)

Wanna play something new while my wife and family go on their beach trip. I unfortunately have to work and be a bachelor this next week.

I really liked Prey.  Released May last year, so I think it counts as "this past year."  Never played System Shock, but a lot of people have compared it to that.  Since I've not played it, I can't confirm.

To me, it felt like Deus Ex meets Bioshock meets Alien Isolation meets Dishonored

Deus Ex because you can spec your guy to be good at hacking, or repairing, or fighting, or whatever, to avoid fights or engage in them; your choice.

Bioshock because of the world building and style (since Bioshock is the spritiual successor to System Shock, this must be where the System Shock comparisons come in).

Alien Isolation because you're on a space station all alone and the main enemies are all alien; other similarities that I wont spoil.

And Dishonored because it's made by the same devs.  You can definitely feel it.

I played through twice, which is not COMPLETELY uncommon for me, if achievements require it.  But this was one of the few single player games where - after I beat it - I coudn't wait to play through again.

The good/bad news is the game did not sell well at all... so you can probably find a copy real cheap.  

#12182 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2829 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

is this a good deal? I played the vanilla version it thought it was fun

How many of us got burned when the deluxe edition went on sale for $30 and before they announced the royal edition?I know I did and I still haven't even launched the damn game.

#12183 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

How many of us got burned when the deluxe edition went on sale for $30 and before they announced the royal edition?I know I did and I still haven't even launched the damn game.

Laugh deluxe edition, I bought the vanilla release edition from New Egg for $30 2 holidays ago and I still haven't opened it. I still might buy this. 

#12184 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

is this a good deal? I played the vanilla version it thought it was fun

Content-wise, it's a good deal, yeah. Includes all the season pass content, which is still $20 by itself if bought separately, and that doesn't include the "royal edition" content update with the extra dungeon and stuff like that. 

#12185 davidflecha17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

davidflecha17

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

My Xbox live expires Dec 2020. If I get another Bing 12 month code I should be able to add it shouldn’t I?

Mine expires 12/30/2020. I got another year with Bing but I was not able to add it to my account. They told me to hang on to the code. I guess I have to wait until December to redeem it.

#12186 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3874 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Is XB Live down for everyone? Or is it just me? Damn, me and the kid wanted to play Overwatch.

#12187 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys there are a few more freebies in the fallout 4 creation club.

Black lab dog skin
Institute armour paint
Institute weapon paint
Pip boy paint

Speaking of creation club. Has there been any thing else added to skyrims?

Skyrim has jack shit for freebies. Only thing I've seen is the damn mudcrab armor. Which might be free again right now, there certainly isn't anything else free right now.

#12188 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

Is XB Live down for everyone? Or is it just me? Damn, me and the kid wanted to play Overwatch.

It’s good for me. I’ve been on for the last 2 hours or so.

#12189 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

Steam Key for Deadlight

??HGN-W0NN5-2C4MY

?? = The ? ? Buccaneers of the NFL.

#12190 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

Mine expires 12/30/2020. I got another year with Bing but I was not able to add it to my account. They told me to hang on to the code. I guess I have to wait until December to redeem it.

thanks for the heads up!!

#12191 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Steam Key for Deadlight.

??HGN-W0NN5-2C4MY

?? = The ? ? Buccaneers of the NFL.

C-R-A-P-P-Y was too many letters.

#12192 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

C-R-A-P-P-Y was too many letters.

?? = nickname for tuberculosis. 

Better now? ;-)

#12193 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   812 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

Alright  alright alright, the winner # is 17 so the winner isssssssss

.......z-saber.......again......

Damn dude you're lucky AF!

#12194 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Alright alright alright, the winner # is 17 so the winner isssssssss

.......z-saber.......again......

Damn dude you're lucky AF!

Well, thanks again! I might just stop liking the giveaway posts unless I'm super interested since I've been picked so many times now. I was interested in this one, though. Thanks!

#12195 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6161 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:16 AM

Season 1 of the Cartoon Network show Steven Universe is on sale on Microsoft Movies and TV for $4.99:

https://www.microsof...6kgwzlcp92/0003

Just the right price for me since that was the best season of that show.

#12196 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

Wonder when I’m gonna get my $5 back from mixer, tomorrow will be a week since I bought the MUA bundle.

#12197 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2047 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

Wonder when I’m gonna get my $5 back from mixer, tomorrow will be a week since I bought the MUA bundle.

It could take up to 30 days. Check your Xbox messages on the console. I got mine just the other day.
It should be soon!

#12198 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8385 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:34 AM

Played some of the Crew 2 beta tonight and am impressed. Nice arcade racer/flyer. Much improved over the first game. Might pick it up.

#12199 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:03 AM

It could take up to 30 days. Check your Xbox messages on the console. I got mine just the other day.
It should be soon!

Yeah I wouldn’t expect it so soon but I seen people getting it back after 2 days, not really a big deal but I don’t like having to contact MS support especially over $5 lol.

#12200 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

Mine was 2 days, but it was a bit before the mad rush I think, of course Elder Scrolls Online went to game pass the next day so maybe they were in a hurry to give me my $5

#12201 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

Anyone ever let their Live subscription lapse?  Mine is up in about two weeks, and right now the only thing keeping me considering renewing is the nice number 10 next to my name.  I don't want the count to start over.  I haven't played online in a very long time.  Like... I played Battlefield 1 once in late 2016.  Would I still be able to use Netflix, Hulu, etc. without Live?  I have enough single player games to last a lifetime.  I feel like I'm throwing money away.

#12202 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

Mine is up in about two weeks, and right now the only thing keeping me considering renewing is the nice number 10 next to my name.  I don't want the count to start over.

It doesn't start over. It's cumulative. Mine shows 12 and I know for sure I used to let it lapse in the past before Games With Gold started.

Edit: Microsoft did remove the Live requirement to use stuff like Netflix a while back. I forget exactly when.

#12203 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

I concur with this. I feel the same way. I don't really play multiplayer games and haven't since like 5 years ago. Do I still need live? I do use Hulu, Netflix, and fox sports go for the world cup.

Anyone ever let their Live subscription lapse? Mine is up in about two weeks, and right now the only thing keeping me considering renewing is the nice number 10 next to my name. I don't want the count to start over. I haven't played online in a very long time. Like... I played Battlefield 1 once in late 2016. Would I still be able to use Netflix, Hulu, etc. without Live? I have enough single player games to last a lifetime. I feel like I'm throwing money away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#12204 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

If you're a solitary gamer, and don't console share and don't see yourself participating in any online games then I guess why would you keep Xbox Live at this point? Does Game Pass require a Xbox Live sub? Not an option for me, play way to much online NHL, Fifa, Pubg, and now I have little shite nephews with headsets wanting to do Fortnight.

#12205 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

Anyone ever let their Live subscription lapse?  Mine is up in about two weeks, and right now the only thing keeping me considering renewing is the nice number 10 next to my name.  I don't want the count to start over.  I haven't played online in a very long time.  Like... I played Battlefield 1 once in late 2016.  Would I still be able to use Netflix, Hulu, etc. without Live?  I have enough single player games to last a lifetime.  I feel like I'm throwing money away.

Your count doesn't reset

I've let my Gold lapse several times and I still have the accurate Gold count, it just picks up where you left off

#12206 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

If it wasn't for GWG, I wouldn't feel nearly as compelled to maintain a subscription. I play online with friends probably less than once a month on average, but GWG plus online access for what comes out to ~$3.50 per month when the $40 XBL subs are available is plenty worth it to me.

#12207 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

If it wasn't for GWG, I wouldn't feel nearly as compelled to maintain a subscription. I play online with friends probably less than once a month on average, but GWG plus online access for what comes out to ~$3.50 per month when the $40 XBL subs are available is plenty worth it to me.

I buy all the games anyways so usually have what comes on GWG.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#12208 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

90% of the PS plus games seem to end up GwG and vice versa if you look at the lists, that said been a bad/quiet couple months the first Super Mega Baseball was gwg so I don't consider that some stellar coup getting the 2nd one, when I got Rocket League back in the day, and PS+ just got X-com 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops III. Free Smite Junk and whatever Ubisoft deemed ready to let go on there next hasn't been great last few months unless you didn't have the oddball 360 games they tossing out

#12209 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3228 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hey guys there are a few more freebies in the fallout 4 creation club.

Black lab dog skin
Institute armour paint
Institute weapon paint
Pip boy paint

Speaking of creation club. Has there been any thing else added to skyrims?

Other than the Mud Crab Armor nothing is usually free when I check. If you just mean new content being added, it doesn't seem like they've added anything in a while. I don't know if the Fallout stuff has just been selling better or if more was commissioned at a time, but every month or two something new has been added, plus new dogs every week or two for a while there.

I follow one of the modders who has a few packs in Creation Club, both Fallout and Skyrim, most recently that Nuka Cola pack that just came out. I asked her if she was going to have new CC projects in the future, and she said she couldn't comment, rather than just saying yes or no. She was also flown to E3 from Finland by Bethesda. I'm wondering if they're giving some sort of early access to 76 to the past CC contributors so they can have content ready to sell relatively soon after launch.

#12210 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

That's interesting Six they've not been shy about we're going to make some money off this somehow going forward. I think the announcement of the next "big" Elder Scrolls here as a camera flying by a landscape was a buffer for backlash for sure, on any backend criticism. Although why don't they just focus on the tools for modders on the new Elder Scrolls plays on your phone or your console whatever thing? That said yeah no one really knows wtf Fallout 76 is, for the people that heard mmo and hated it they said don't worry you can play it all single player and then said everyone in the world is another player. Maybe they are just a save file uploaded, dunno. Todd Howard and Phil Spencer have a bit of a problem ( I Love them both) about speaking out both sides of their mouths. It was 2 years ago we were getting Fallout VR on the Xbox One X.