* * * * - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Monster Hunter World, Bloodstained, Mega Man Legacy, Panzer Dragoon Orta, more | GwG: Q.U.B.E. 2, Race the Sun; Dragon Age II

#13171 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8375 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Anyone try Vermintide 2 yet? Looks like it got good reviews on PC. Cool to be able to check it out with GamePass.

#13172 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Anyone try Vermintide 2 yet? Looks like it got good reviews on PC. Cool to be able to check it out with GamePass.

Who has time to play a brand new release here? I still have the first game in my backlog.

#13173 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Who has time to play a brand new release here? I still have the first game in my backlog.

You forget that this is a FREE new release, which takes priority over anything you paid to add to your backlog.

I'm enjoying it. A lot like the first, and Left4Dead, but the levels seem more open and interesting. I was also surprised progress during the beta carried over, and it always puts you in a good mood to get a couple hundred gamerscore just for logging in.

#13174 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8375 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Well, it is multiplayer game so might as well toss the first game into the trash pile and move on to #2. 😁

#13175 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

Looks like From Dust is showing at the sale price again

#13176 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

Well, it is multiplayer game so might as well toss the first game into the trash pile and move on to #2.

That's what significant others are for, playing games nobody else will play with you because everyone is playing the sequel.. My girlfriend and I are currently working through the original Crackdown (Hey, I did beat it many years ago so it technically wasn't in my backlog, though the sequel is still in the backlog), Saints Row The Third, and we recently started playing Gears, we are now on the third installment. One day we will only play recent releases. Ha! At least we are working on a couple newer games, both The Division and Wildlands, so we aren't totally stuck in the past.

• awp likes this

#13177 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:52 AM

Looks like From Dust is showing at the sale price again

Sweet! Time to go finally buy this game.

#13178 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8375 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Dolby Vision support on Xbox One announced for preview members!!! Apparently just for Netflix for now but I can’t see how they would not eventually enable it for 4K Blu-rays if the encoding is in place.

https://www.google.c...ew-feature/amp/

#13179 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5082 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:58 AM

Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Free https://www.microsof.../1/bzl738xp757r

#13180 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3345 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:04 AM

Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Free - https://www.microsof.../1/bzl738xp757r

I think it's been free since 6/26/18 cuz I bought it then.

#13181 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5082 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:18 AM

I think it's been free since 6/26/18 cuz I bought it then.

Store Parser picked it up tonight (looks like the prior free period ended on the 3rd) and I didn't have it.  Though it could've been one of those cases where the web site doesn't properly show ownership.

#13182 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

For the racers out there, Ride 2 seems to be a good buy. About 3 hours of gameplay and the only negative I’ve found so far is the loading times. I’m playing on a S so the X might be better. However, plenty of bikes, classes, and tracks to choose from and nice physics. If you dig bikes and racing, don’t be like me and wait a year for this to go back on sale (but I did save $6 for waiting that year). Oh, and a bunch of free DLC of bike packs.

#13183 braiiins  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:49 AM

Store Parser picked it up tonight (looks like the prior free period ended on the 3rd) and I didn't have it.  Though it could've been one of those cases where the web site doesn't properly show ownership.

I believe it was free for around a week when Donken got it. I got an email today saying it was free for "phase two" of road to battlefield v with a second chance to pick up DLC for free.

#13184 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

Does Halo 3 ODST ever go on sale.  I know it's only $4.99 but I don't really want to buy digital since I prefer physical but it's the same price either way and the MCC add on has been enhanced. I have no rush to get it but I beat Halo 3 2 months ago and was told to play ODST before I play 4 so am wondering if it's ever cheaper than $4.99.

#13185 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

Does Halo 3 ODST ever go on sale.  I know it's only $4.99 but I don't really want to buy digital since I prefer physical but it's the same price either way and the MCC add on has been enhanced. I have no rush to get it but I beat Halo 3 2 months ago and was told to play ODST before I play 4 so am wondering if it's ever cheaper than $4.99.

Dude... just buy it. There's a solid 25-40 hours of fun there depending on how much you like firefight.

#13186 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:28 AM

Does Halo 3 ODST ever go on sale. I know it's only $4.99 but I don't really want to buy digital since I prefer physical but it's the same price either way and the MCC add on has been enhanced. I have no rush to get it but I beat Halo 3 2 months ago and was told to play ODST before I play 4 so am wondering if it's ever cheaper than $4.99.

If you’re talking about the 360 version, I know it was on sale sometime last year because I own it. I don’t think I’ve seen it on sale since.

#13187 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

If you’re talking about the 360 version, I know it was on sale sometime last year because I own it. I don’t think I’ve seen it on sale since.

I have the MCC for Xbox One and ODST is an add on that was remastered for it.

Dude... just buy it. There's a solid 25-40 hours of fun there depending on how much you like firefight.

Is firefight an online multiplayer thing? I don't have gold if it is.

#13188 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:53 AM

I have the MCC for Xbox One and ODST is an add on that was remastered for it.

Is firefight an online multiplayer thing? I don't have gold if it is.

You can play it by yourself but it's better with friends. I don't believe it was included with the MCC version anyway.

#13189 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

Finished Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, was good but glad it is over controls were annoying me.

Going to play some Sherlock Holmes next. There are 2 Sherlock games:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter.

Was thinking of playing Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter but have not played the previous one.

Do these games connect at all?

#13190 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

Finished Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, was good but glad it is over controls were annoying me.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter.

Was thinking of playing Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter but have not played the previous one.

I don't recall them connecting but being the same developer and by nature of the IP some of the same characters. There are 2 different voice actors for Sherlock in those 2 games so even less of a feeling of connective tissue. I haven't tried Devil's Daughter much yet but enjoyed Crimes and Punishment a fair amount. Kind of a glorified hidden object game but it seems to review better than Devil's Daughter. 

#13191 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes!

#13192 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4277 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

YMMV On Best Buy app I have an offer to get Destiny 2 for PS4 or X1 for $5.99 or $4.79 with GCU. Wasn't going to play it, but the price is right.

#13193 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Ha well Overcooked wasn't really cooked that long, but only being on Game Pass for 3 months has to be the new record for shortest stay. Ultratron is actually a pretty great twin stick shooter since we've been talking about those so much. 

https://www.trueachi...-july-31st-2018

#13194 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3345 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

Ha well Overcooked wasn't really cooked that long, but only being on Game Pass for 3 months has to be the new record for shortest stay. Ultratron is actually a pretty great twin stick shooter since we've been talking about those so much.

Maybe it's going GWG? Since the new one is soon.

Saved you a click, these 5 are leaving:
- DiRT Rally
- Overcooked
- Pharaonic
- So Many Me
- Ultratron

#13195 dieterl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

Man, thanks for the heads up, that is rather annoying since I was just starting to get into it with the kids. 

#13196 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Maybe it's going GWG? Since the new one is soon.

Saved you a click, these 5 are leaving:
- DiRT Rally
- Overcooked
- Pharaonic
- So Many Me
- Ultratron

So many me was a bitch to 1000gs it and I started on pharaonic but never finished it due to lack of inrerest.

#13197 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

I been hanging onto a free one month of game pass to try and I redeemed it this month. Unfortunately I hadn't had the time I wanted to to play the games I initially downloaded until yesterday and then I found out that bomber crew was being added to the service on day one. Man is that a fun but tense game. I played a few missions yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It is a cool strategy game.

I also downloaded Next Up Hero, JumpJet Rex, Kingdom New Lands and Human Fall Flat. Not sure if I will have the time to play all of these before my free month expires but I think I may just start using this service in the future on Xbox. I've always been a game buyer and I have a huge collection of games but yesterday I was convinced that game pass may just work for me even with my large backlog.

I wish i would have used my free trial earlier but there was not that many games on the service that really interested me. I would have bought a six month subscription when it was on sale. Anyway I will be saving up some bing point for another free month and be on the lookout for some deals for game pass in the future.

#13198 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

I really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments when it was GWG a while back.  Went on to 1000/1000 it and have been excited to try Devil's Daughter if it goes GWG in the future.  If you like the Sherlock Holmes mythos and storytelling, I'd recommend starting with the 2nd one first

#13199 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

I don't recall them connecting but being the same developer and by nature of the IP some of the same characters. There are 2 different voice actors for Sherlock in those 2 games so even less of a feeling of connective tissue. I haven't tried Devil's Daughter much yet but enjoyed Crimes and Punishment a fair amount. Kind of a glorified hidden object game but it seems to review better than Devil's Daughter. 

I don't think they're connected other than loosely since the same characters but Devil's Daughter completely revamped Watson, now it's basically Jude Law from the films

#13200 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2017 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

YMMV On Best Buy app I have an offer to get Destiny 2 for PS4 or X1 for $5.99 or $4.79 with GCU. Wasn't going to play it, but the price is right.

Mine arrived yesterday, and the free blueprint art thing of one of the exotic weapons is pretty nice in terms of quality. The box they sent it in, though, was so big that I'm pretty sure they spent more on shipping than I did on the game. They really want to get rid of them! Likely ahead of a new retail edition w/ all the expansions ahead of the big one in September.