* * * * * 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Onrush, Mordheim, WWE 2K18, Blood Bowl 2, more | Add-ons, Neo Geo, Activision | GwG: For Honor, Forza Horzion 2; Epic Mickey 2

#15871 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 04:30 AM

Booted up Nier Automata for the first time on X. Holy shit does this game look better with the upgrade. I think on default Xbox the resolution was lower than PS4, and even on there it wasn't 1080. Hair specifically looked wonky on 2B and 9S, but it and pretty much everything looks pristine on X.

I remember Final Fantasy XV looked pretty jank, I'm interested to see just how improved it is when the DLC finally stops coming in 3 years.

#15872 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:27 AM

Apologies if already mentioned but just noticed and grabbed the Porsche expansion in Forza Horizon 2 for $1.50.

Great catch!  The FH2 Furious7 Car Pack is also on sale for $1.25 down from $4.99!

Now if only the IGN pack would go on sale.  It's the only individual pack to not go on sale.  Grrrr.

I think in an indirect way you and Chandler both answered my question. I can download a gamepass game and keep it forever except it has to be done before it leaves gamepass, and my gamepass sub needs to be active as well.

Yes.  It can stay on your hard drive forever, BUT you must have an active gamepass membership AND it must still be a part of gamepass for you to play it.  Otherwise, it prompts you to buy it if you try to play it.  I have left games from gamepass on my HD when my membership expired and that is what happens.

#15873 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 06:23 AM

Anyone have anything they want to trade for a PUBG code?

#15874 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted Today, 07:22 AM

Due to the Gamestop X1X upgrade promo, I suspect there'll be an influx of PUBG codes people are willing to trade. Speaking for myself, I'll wait till next month after the promo expires, yet just before the Fall games start flooding in.....kinda reminds me of when there was a crapton of Master Chief Collection codes and I sold mine for $11, yet now GS is selling that game for $40. w/e

Snatched up Thumper and Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass coupled with the Bing hot deal of MS points for maximum cheapness. Would like to get the Mafia III season pass, but I'm willing to hold out for a discount greater than 50%.

My game pass subscription expires 8/24 and I'm hoping the X1X one month code that came packed in redeems for me. Plan on trying a week after the 1st. Anyone know for sure if it'll work for me or if its "new game pass users only?"

#15875 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted Today, 07:36 AM

Mine said "new subscribers only" when I got my X, but I can't remember for sure if I was out of a current sub or not when I went to redeem it, so there's always that chance.

Ha I watched the video on the Xbox Store for "Keep Talking and No One Explodes" and they addressed what I wondered if not in a very lo-fi way. Wasn't so much I wondered about the blue prints, figured you could print them out. It was how do you play with anyone able to look at the bomb. The solution was to have everyone turn around and face away from the TV, makes sense. Ha it would actually be nice if it had xbox live play over party chat. 

#15876 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

Did Storm Island really go back to full price, while the other DLC got discounted? WTF.

#15877 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted Today, 10:00 AM

Did Storm Island really go back to full price, while the other DLC got discounted? WTF.

??.  It says how many days the item will be on sale, right on Xbox.com...

#15878 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5162 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted Today, 11:32 AM

It looks like Injustice 2 is coming to Game Pass in time for Gamescom. If you go to the game listing on Xbox.com, it now advertises the standard discount rate for Game Pass members.

#15879 dorikyasu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

dorikyasu

Posted Today, 11:50 AM

Bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition for $30 at xbox.com.  Even if base game comes to Game Pass, buying season pass and etc. to get all characters probably will cost close to that anyway.

#15880 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Isn't that what save for later is? Or am I wrong?

Here's the games leaving gamepass August 31st

PES 2018

10 second ninja x

The Bridge

Galaga Legions DX

Soulcalibur 2 HD

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Pac-Man Museum

The Bridge is on sale for $2.89 on Nintendo Switch.

https://www.nintendo...e-bridge-switch

Orwell (PC) is free on Humble Bundle. Make sure to claim the code on your Humble account by Sept 1, otherwise it will expire.

https://www.humblebu...om/store/orwell

#15881 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10537 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

Apologies if already mentioned but just noticed and grabbed the Porsche expansion in Forza Horizon 2 for $1.50.

Thanks! I had actually missed it.

#15882 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7556 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:09 PM

Thanks! I had actually missed it.

I keep forgetting to check when I am home.  Is it part of the 10th Anniversary edition?  

How about the Furious 7 car pack?

#15883 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13535 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

The real question is: why the hell is Tony Hawk still $60 MSRP?

#15884 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted Today, 03:03 PM

How is sea of thieves now that it has received several updates?is it still a grindfest for everything? Thinking on booting it up over the weekend for variety from MP.

#15885 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3166 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

#15886 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2512 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted Today, 03:17 PM

All I can offer is a Pinball FX3 Bethesda Pack

#15887 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted Today, 04:12 PM

All I can offer is a Pinball FX3 Bethesda Pack

I would do this but I play that on Switch.

#15888 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted Today, 04:17 PM

Anyone know why Forza rewards did not refresh this Friday?

#15889 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4585 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:48 PM

Anyone know why Forza rewards did not refresh this Friday?

People have been complaining on the Forza forums with no official word yet.  I had some FM3 stats update for the first time in a while earlier this week, so they might be trying to fix things in preparation for FH4.  People have been complaining for weeks that they haven't gotten rewards, or rewards below their tier.  I've gotten rewards until last night, and recently hit tier 10 but still got tier 9 rewards credits last week, but I don't know if the system requires you to be at a tier for the entire week to get that tier's rewards, and there still seems to be some discrepancies for how the points awarded for older titles' DLC / token purchases apply.

#15890 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted Today, 05:03 PM

It looks like Injustice 2 is coming to Game Pass in time for Gamescom. If you go to the game listing on Xbox.com, it now advertises the standard discount rate for Game Pass members.

I thought it was odd that the game showed up on the Gamepass page on the Xbox this morning, but only showed discount prices. Lol I was thinking how shitty it was to see ads for sale prices amongst my free games, but it makes sense now.

#15891 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:14 PM

The real question is: why the hell is Tony Hawk still $60 MSRP?

I've been waiting for it to hit a reasonable price digitally. Less than $10 is my price point for a game that did so poorly, even in my own mind when I rented it lol.

#15892 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:16 PM

People have been complaining on the Forza forums with no official word yet. I had some FM3 stats update for the first time in a while earlier this week, so they might be trying to fix things in preparation for FH4. People have been complaining for weeks that they haven't gotten rewards, or rewards below their tier. I've gotten rewards until last night, and recently hit tier 10 but still got tier 9 rewards credits last week, but I don't know if the system requires you to be at a tier for the entire week to get that tier's rewards, and there still seems to be some discrepancies for how the points awarded for older titles' DLC / token purchases apply.

I hope it does update achievement points for FM5 because I'm dying to see the checkmark next to it. I grinded to get over 1,000 achievement points in that game and I'm not going to grind any further, they need to fix their system headed into Horizon 4.

#15893 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:47 PM

Amazon's deal for an additional 3 months of Gold with a purchase of 3 months of Gold worked for me.  Received a second redemption code in a separate email after completing the initial purchase.

#15894 kcobra22  

Posted Today, 06:56 PM