* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Shadow / Tomb Raider, Child of Light, Madden 19, NBA 19, more | GwG: Overcooked, Livelock; Stuntman: Ignition

#6991 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

Anyone know how Crawl is for single player?

#6992 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9739 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

#6993 stevocbk24   CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

I think $12.50 is worth trying out The Surge.

It’s a Grind. You have to farm enemies to build up your strength. Getting new armor was cool, but the gameplay itself was a chore.

The beginning cutscene when your player is outfitted with the mech suit is pretty intense.

#6994 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

At this point, anybody who cares enough to be playing Halo 5 regularly will have all the REQs unlocked.  Those discounts should be much higher this late into the game's life in my opinion.

#6995 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

Harry was a great magician. Good with slight of hand and a very entertaining perforner.

#6996 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

Thanks as always for posting the deals, folks. Nothing too exciting for me this week, but I’m not much for horror games usually.
That said though, I did pick up Hellblade to get the launch discount (which ends tonight or tomorrow I think FYI) - holy hell is that game intense. So far I’m loving it though. Combat is cool and there’s no handholding whatsoever, just minor hints that you have to figure out.
Eh, I’m rambling. The game has been out a while on other platforms so if you’re interested you can find more info, but for my money it’s a very unique gaming experience so far.

#6997 .Beowulf  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:57 AM

bringing up art bell and harry anderson in here made me happy

I still feel old but it feels better being old with others

#6998 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

So is Sea of Thieves the Xbox equivalent to No Mans Sky? Anyone plan on putting any real time into playing it?

I've put in easily over 50 hours since launch and it's still a blast. The fact they laid out their roadmap for the next few months and includes three DLC updates which will included weekly events, I'm quite happy IMO. Games like Destiny 2 and SW Battlefront II, those didn't hold my attention more than a week. So those didn't stay "relevant" to me, but take that FWIW.

Nothing for me this week. Saving up Bing credit, so I can get three months of game pass for 14,400 creds. I'll have enough in six days. Woot!!

#6999 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:09 AM

So, does the + sign after the price on the microsoft website indicate that a game has DLC you can purchase?

#7000 Sielanas  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Been debating on the AC Origins season pass.... I haven’t started the game yet, is it worth it at $28 before it expires?

If you haven't started it (I've only played 5 hours) wait, it's bound to go lower by the time you can play it.

#7001 braiiins  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:00 AM

Anyone know how Crawl is for single player?

Wondering the same thing. I've played a decent amount at my friends place on ps4, but don't know if I'd have friends over enough to justify the price if there's no/next to no single player content.

#7002 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:04 AM

Wondering the same thing. I've played a decent amount at my friends place on ps4, but don't know if I'd have friends over enough to justify the price if there's no/next to no single player content.

I'm also wondering the same thing. Aside from holidays with the family not many opportunities for local co-op.

#7003 francium34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

francium34

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:07 AM

So is Sea of Thieves the Xbox equivalent to No Mans Sky? Anyone plan on putting any real time into playing it?

They both are light in "traditional" content, such as combat, narrative, and leveling. However the similarity ends pretty quick.

In NMS, the main system intended to hold players' attention is the procedurally generated world. The moment a player sees repeats, the game loses its magic.

In SoT, it's the other players, either in coop or PVP. Depending on the people you play with or randomly encounter, YMMV.

(Arguably neither should have launched at $60, if only for the fact the general audience is not accepting of games that far outside of the familiar loop)

If you try/buy SoT, make sure you are going in for sailing and hijinks. Trying to grind levels, or minmax rewards will lead to very monotonous experiences. And there truly is nothing at the end of the tunnel to grind towards anyways. The sailing and ship combat are really well done. The bigger ship requires a lot of communication and teamwork, whereas the smaller one can be sailed solo, at which point the experience can be actually closer to Euro Truck simulator than anything else.

I wouldn't recommend getting it at full price, but giving it a go on game pass is probably worth your time. Grab a friend, and you should at least get 5 hours of enjoyment out of it. Depending on the individual, some will stick with it for dozens of hours, some will drop off.

#7004 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:09 AM

bringing up art bell and harry anderson in here made me happy

I still feel old but it feels better being old with others

See you at McDonald's for the senior citizens coffee.

#7005 francium34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

francium34

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:09 AM

edit: weird double post

#7006 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9739 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

As a reminder, here is the roadmap for SoT content for the near future.

#7007 GeorgeCostanza   Hangin Tough CAGiversary!   1487 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

GeorgeCostanza

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

Anyone think the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary DLC is worth it?

#7008 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:32 AM

See you at McDonald's for the senior citizens coffee.

I’ll meet you dudes there ;)

What’s up with no low low price games in these sales, I might have to raise it up to 3 dollars next week if nothing pops up 😱

Forged in fire is my shit
Action comics #1000 comes out Wednesday it’s real good

#7009 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67643 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:37 AM

Sea of Thieves is the sort of game where you get out of it what you put into it. If you're playing solo, the game doesn't have much to offer you since the quests aren't that interesting and there's no real progression. Buying cosmetics is kind of pointless and just makes it easier for trolls/griefers to tell that you aren't a newbie and might have stuff to steal from you. It took me four attempts to complete my first quest due to server issues and trolls. The other thing I don't like is that there's very little sense of permanence in the world, as every session starts you in a new tavern on a random outpost and you have to collect your supplies once again. It's a weirdly empty game for solo play.

No Man's Sky is an actual survival game with a solid campaign/story and it plays well. You also get out of it what you put in, but there's at least a good sense of progression and it does a good job of showing you some of the things you can do and things you can work towards. There is permanence with No Man's Sky, so everything you collect stays with you and you stay where you left off in the previous session. The space combat is well done whenever that is necessary to do. The post-launch support has been great and they've done a good job of fleshing out the game.

For me, space exploration is more interesting than pirates.

#7010 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4858 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

Major's post - https://majornelson....light-sale-121/

Couple other games have joined the 360 list, including Mass Effect 2 and 3.

#7011 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4858 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

What’s up with no low low price games in these sales, I might have to raise it up to 3 dollars next week if nothing pops up

Knock-Knock?  Emily Wants to Play?

#7012 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

We got Dead Space GwG in April 2016 and Dead Space 2 GwG in April 2018. I guess we'll have to wait 2 more years to get Dead Space 3 as GwG.

#7013 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

Damn, I just gifted Dead by Daylight to a friend this morning along with all of the dlc that was on sale.

#7014 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:28 AM

Aww man, I bought Mass Effect 2 & 3 just a couple months ago for $9+ each

#7015 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:32 AM

Anyone think the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary DLC is worth it?

From what I've played so far is say yes. You get some backstory in one of the dlc quests/missions. One extends the story of the geothermal valley. Haven't played the third. Some added cosmetics. For $10 I think it's worth it. That's what I paid.

#7016 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:55 AM

Got an email saying if you make any purchase in this “unstoppable action” movie sale you get John Wick 1 & 2 for free. I have both already (on better movie services), but pretty dang good deal. One thing in the sale is a Tarantino six film collection for $14.99. I may pick up that just for the sale price.

https://www.microsof...15&crm=moviesTV

Just hope MS joins Movies Anywhere sometime soon!

#7017 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:55 AM

Got an email saying if you make any purchase in this “unstoppable action” movie sale you get John Wick 1 & 2 for free. I have both already (on better movie services), but pretty dang good deal. One thing in the sale is a Tarantino six film collection for $14.99. I may pick up that just for the sale price.

https://www.microsof...15&crm=moviesTV

Just hope MS joins Movies Anywhere sometime soon!

Do you have a link to the actual promotion? Didn't get the email and would be interested if it's not targeted.

#7018 bsc11  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Has anyone played Grid 2? I can’t find splitscreen! I saw videos of split screen on YouTube so figured it was there, was I wrong?

#7019 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

I might be the only one waiting for it, but I hope Battlestar Galactica Deadlock goes on sale one of these years.

Regarding this week's sale, I would issue a caution for World to the West.  I completed the game, but it was quite a chore to do so.  The four characters have different abilities that you need to rotate to complete puzzles and unlock new areas.  It had good art but wasn't for me.

#7020 chrispoele  

chrispoele

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:44 AM

Check out DwG (17-24 April) on foreign store : https://xbox-store-c...x-one-17042018/