* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Shadow / Tomb Raider, Child of Light, Madden 19, NBA 19, more | GwG: Overcooked, Livelock; Stuntman: Ignition

#7681 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10566 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Completely off topic. God of War is amazing so far but every time I come back to play a PS4 exclusive it just reminds me that even though the dual shock 4 is a big improvement it is still a shit controller compared to the X1.

#7682 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Completely off topic. God of War is amazing so far but every time I come back to play a PS4 exclusive it just reminds me that even though the dual shock 4 is a big improvement it is still a shit controller compared to the X1.

That's what Cronus is for.

#7683 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

What is this survey everyone is talking about?

#7684 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

What is this survey everyone is talking about?

A survey given by Microsoft on the Microsoft Store while you look at games.  Browse some xbox games on the MS store and it should pop, if it's still working as of now.  I clicked maybe 4-5 games before it pops up and asksed me to take a survey.  At the end, you get a $5 gift card.  You'll know it when you see it because on the pop up screen it'll tell you that you'll be rewarded with the gift card.

#7685 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

What time do BC games go live again? Anxious to try out Jedi Academy. Debating on getting either Republic Commando or Mercanaries. Commando was cool back in the day but fear it may feel bland by today’s shooter standards.

#7686 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

What time do BC games go live again? Anxious to try out Jedi Knight. Debating on getting either Republic Commando or Mercanaries. Commando was cool back in the day but fear it may feel bland by today’s shooter standards.

Same here! I bought Jedi Academy yesterday excited to play it again and forgot it wouldn’t be live until today lol

I wish Jedi Outcast was BC too. Maybe one day. I remember I enjoyed that one a little more than Academy even though Academy has the duel lightsabers and I think some other additions.

#7687 kcobra22  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

#7688 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

I haven't been interested in the Battle Pass contents in the past, but that preview looks pretty good...even if I am reminded of that terrible Steel movie starring Shaq.

#7689 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

got the survey pop up, but says its full before asking me any questions, so YMMV if its still on

#7690 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

got the survey pop up, but says its full before asking me any questions, so YMMV if its still on

Bizarre that they still make it pop up if it’s already “full”.

#7691 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

Between mobile and desktop, I just couldn't get the survey to pop.

But I'm stoked for Jedi Academy going BC shortly!

#7692 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Actually finished two games off game pass now and it only took me a month. The Final Station wasn't really what I was expecting at all, thought it was going to be a permadeath rougelike thing but was a pleasantly surprising linear narrative deal. I liked it.

Now can I do three in the next month before my two months is up? Probably not!

Did you not do the first Mixpot thing? Final Station was free along with Rare Replay then.

How did you manage to continue playing the game? I liked the narrative and exploring, but once you run into a crowd of zombies, the game turns into any other pixel art shooter. That's usually when I turn off the game.

#7693 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

I just wish we got a better D-pad. It's better than the 360's but it still sucks compared to Nintendo's non-Joycon options or the PS4's. I think the PS4's controller overall is pretty decent, I just don't like the triggers or the stick layout.

#7694 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Jedi Academy installing! Go! Go! Go!

#7695 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9739 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

I just wish we got a better D-pad. It's better than the 360's but it still sucks compared to Nintendo's non-Joycon options or the PS4's. I think the PS4's controller overall is pretty decent, I just don't like the triggers or the stick layout.

The Elite Wireless controller with the concave dish type D pad cover is all I can comfortably use now.

GameStop's website mentions the CronusMax Plus but it isn't available online or within 250 miles of me.  Does anyone know of another such adapter that GameStop sells?

#7696 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

The Elite Wireless controller with the concave dish type D pad cover is all I can comfortably use now.

I've got it, that dish is not good for traditional d-pad stuff in my eyes. I don't like it for 2D games or fighters.

#7697 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

when I got pass, I played through hue, late shift, super lucky tale, and nba playground for a quick 4k, working on letter quest right now, pretty decent if you like things like scrabble

#7698 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAG Veteran   91 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

when I got pass, I played through hue, late shift, super lucky tale, and nba playground for a quick 4k, working on letter quest right now, pretty decent if you like things like scrabble

I loved Letter Quest.  I think there is just enough challenge there to make it fun and replay the levels.  I did find myself going back to certain words.  It's nice to play with multiple people, that way they see words you don't.

#7699 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Did you not do the first Mixpot thing? Final Station was free along with Rare Replay then.

How did you manage to continue playing the game? I liked the narrative and exploring, but once you run into a crowd of zombies, the game turns into any other pixel art shooter. That's usually when I turn off the game.

I've never gotten anything from any of the times they've done that.

Some of it was cheese tactics, lots of punching, sometimes having to eat losing half your life. I thought the combat worked OK enough but clearly wasn't the focus since it usually felt very low stakes with it often checkpointing right before a difficult encounter.

#7700 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Cool playing Jedi Academy and looks decent. But it is pretty dated in comparison to some of the others. Probably similar to Morrowind in that regard.

I'd be curious to hear impressions on Republic Commando and Mercanaries for anyone who has them. About to install KOTOR 2 while I hear back to work.

#7701 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2088 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Cool playing Jedi Academy and looks decent. But it is pretty dated in comparison to some of the others.

That game's multiplayer has Bot support, right?

That was my first Xbox Live game back in the day.  I know competing against other players online isn't possible now, so I guess playing against Bots would be the closest equivalent...

#7702 Reedus  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

New releases for today:

:xb1: ACA NEOGEO GHOST PILOTS

New add-ons:

Dovetail Games Euro Fishing

:xb1: Hunters Lake

Rock Band 4

:xb1: "We Are Family" - Sister Sledge
:xb1: "Right Here, Right Now" - Jesus Jones

New Xbox Backward Compatible games:

:xb1: Breakdown
:xb1: Destroy All Humans!
:xb1: Full Spectrum Warrior
:xb1: Mercenaries
:xb1: MX Unleashed
:xb1: Panzer Dragoon Orta
:xb1: Star Wars Battlefront
:xb1: Star Wars Battlefront II
:xb1: Star Wars Jedi Knight
:xb1: Star Wars Jedi Starfighter

:xb1: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
:xb1: Star Wars Republic Commando

#7703 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Miramir runs pretty good on the X outside of the usual stuttering loading big towns and the lag in certain spots. At least seems to run better then the standard PUBG map. Granted this is with the latest performance patch on the test servers, so the main one might run better once rolled out.

#7704 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

That was my first Xbox Live game back in the day. I know competing against other players online isn't possible now, so I guess playing against Bots would be the closest equivalent...

I’ve never played MP on it. But it has a full story campaign. Maybe you’re thinking of the old Battlefront games?

#7705 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3236 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

That was my first Xbox Live game back in the day.  I know competing against other players online isn't possible now, so I guess playing against Bots would be the closest equivalent...

I'm pretty sure it has bot support because I played this a ton on Xbox live and remember setting up lobbies with friends and bots.

#7706 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2088 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

I’ve never played MP on it. But it has a full story campaign. Maybe you’re thinking of the old Battlefront games?

I never played the campaign.

Hiring a Low-Rent Mark Hamil sound-alike seemed pointless when pre-sequel trilogy Mark Hamill seemed low-rent enough on the pay scale.... and I love Mark Hamill.

#7707 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6204548 The New beastly TCL is up at Best Buy. $599

Jedi Academy does indeed look pretty crappy even at 4k, but it plays well!

KOTOR 2 looks a bit better then I recall but not as impressive as Jade Empire was to me. It also seems to run at 30fps where as KOTOR1 and Jade Empire had unlocked frame rates. But that might just be the starting areas. I'll wait for videos to go up to be the verdict on that.

#7708 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8141 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6204548 The New beastly TCL is up at Best Buy.

Still pissed at myself for not knowing how soon this would come when I bought my P607. Will be like four days outside my exchange period when the new one comes out.

Ah well, still happy with what I have.

I hope something is wrong with the new one. ;)

#7709 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6204548 The New beastly TCL is up at Best Buy. $599

Ordered! Pickup is May 2nd for my location.

#7710 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

I'm tempted, don't have Dolby Vision on mine and really want to upgrade to a 65 inch, sitting a little too far away for the 55.