* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Shadow / Tomb Raider, Child of Light, Madden 19, NBA 19, more | GwG: Overcooked, Livelock; Stuntman: Ignition

#18061 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3244 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:38 PM

This had to be some kind of mismanagement it seemed like their games sold like hot cakes

If you read the message from them on Bloomy's post it says they had a great year of content but it didn't translate to sales.

#18062 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

is this rewards stuff really worth it? 70 points is like about $0.05 right? Wouldnt you make more money by focusing your attention on something productive every day for 5 minutes instead? and maybe working like an hour a month? that would be about $15 and probably more than rewards will give you? just saying....

You seem very against it, but you're equating 5 minutes to what in reality is 15 seconds 

#18063 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

For FH4 Mixer "watching", I can confirm there is no cap at 1 million influence.

Do you need that much?  I was thinking of stopping at 100k because I thought that sounded reasonable in my head.  Have they confirmed the necessary values on stream or anything?

I'm only familiar with FH1 and 2.  Was influence used in FH3? 

Also, should I be skipping 3 entirely when FH4 comes out?  I mean it's free with Game Pass so it's pretty much a 'why not?' but usually I'm the type to play games in the order they were released.

#18064 Sstew  

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

That sucks. I really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us and was looking forward to the next one.
I enjoyed the first 2 Walking Deads as well.

That being said I dont know many people that bought Minecraft, Borderlands, GoT, or the newest Batman entries. Probably should have stuck to just a couple franchises.

#18065 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3009 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

The official statement doesn't make me optimistic for Walking Dead's final season getting finished. They only refer to "obligations to its board and partners", though I guess partners might mean Skybound/Image. I could see this refering to the upcoming Switch ports that were coming pretty soon. At least we got two episodes I guess, Wolf Among Us season 2 sounds like it was definitely scrapped.

This does explain that great deal of Complete Collection for preordering the final season. They wanted to maximize preorders any way they could. Either to interest more investors or maybe publishers, or more cynically to just get as much cash as possible out of the sinking ship.

#18066 kcobra22  

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:44 PM

#18067 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

That's why you don't preorder games... Now, can I get my money back for preordering that game?

#18068 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

Is this the first time an entire genre was shuttered? Is anyone else even capable of what they pulled off?

#18069 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67656 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

Is this the first time an entire genre was shuttered? Is anyone else even capable of what they pulled off?

There will always be adventure games. Sony just put out a big budget adventure game a few months ago.

#18070 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10568 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

This is kind of insane. They finish half of the last season of their signature franchise then shutter before it is done? Absolute craziness.

#18071 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:33 AM

This is kind of insane. They finish half of the last season of their signature franchise then shutter before it is done? Absolute craziness.

Half is being kind, they got 1 episode out the door, fingers crossed for 2. Wonder what MS will do for people requesting refunds. 

edit: Figured that they would have at least 5 episodes for the final season, only 4 I guess, checks out for half 

#18072 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:33 AM

The login counter for Wild Kingdom is finally working, I'm on day 9 of 10 now. In other news I'm kinda thinking about getting Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe. Of course, I always think about getting everytime it's on sale and pass, lol.

#18073 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:47 AM

No Wolf Among Us 2... dammit.

Wonder how hard it will be to get a refund for TWD S4.

#18074 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

wait a minute are they not finishing the final season of the Walking Dead?

why are you guys talking refunds?

#18075 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:55 AM

Do you need that much?  I was thinking of stopping at 100k because I thought that sounded reasonable in my head.  Have they confirmed the necessary values on stream or anything?

I'm only familiar with FH1 and 2.  Was influence used in FH3? 

Also, should I be skipping 3 entirely when FH4 comes out?  I mean it's free with Game Pass so it's pretty much a 'why not?' but usually I'm the type to play games in the order they were released.

Not exactly sure what all it will be for.  I haven't played too much of the demo, but the influence you earned there leveled you up like XP.  FH3 has XP, which leveled you up, and fans, which was used to expand the campaign (adding sites / races / stunts).  Influence sounds like the fan mechanic, or popularity in FH1, though it had a cap in FH3.  It takes 25 million fans to unlock everything in FH3, but once your total exceeds that, you stop getting fans from other events.  Given the amount of influence that can be earned outside the game itself, I'd hope they have plenty of use for it and not a relatively low cap.  Though the influence earned through Mixer is not available immediately, you need to make some progress in the game to unlock access to it.

There's plenty of fun stuff to do in FH3.  It will probably be GwG in 2 years when its licenses expire.  Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels are both great expansions.

#18076 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:58 AM

Got it. Thanks Bloomy.

wait a minute are they not finishing the final season of the Walking Dead?

why are you guys talking refunds?

Yeah it was mentioned that the 25 remaining staff members are on board to finish the Minecraft Story Mode for Netflix, and not finish the final season of Walking Dead.

So I guess we all got the Walking Dead Collection for free after the refunds are issued out.

#18077 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

Got it. Thanks Bloomy.

Yeah it was mentioned that the 25 remaining staff members are on board to finish the Minecraft Story Mode for Netflix, and not finish the final season of Walking Dead.

So I guess we all got the Walking Dead Collection for free after the refunds are issued out.

un fucking believable

i actually enjoyed the first episode more than any tell tale episode in years, this really sucks

hopefully they'll at least tell us how they planned on having the story play out

#18078 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:07 AM

it was clear to see they were struggeling and had very low sales. all the people waiting til its $5 in a flash sale. its not just here,also in every other gaming forum. everyone wants sales.and there is just so many games out now nobody got that much time or patience. also for me the telltale games should have been even more focused on storytelling, without tacked on gameplay elements.

you will get refunds by sony/microsoft/steam because your purchase wasnt fulfilled. got nothing to do with telltale. same as if a game is broken.

single player is dying sooner or later because with few exceptions they all lose money or barely get by. yet people throw billions of $ at shark cards and fortnite money. sad!

Yeah God of War and Spiderman did just awful....

It's less about single player dying out than it was a complete trash fire of a company, that was run incredibly badly. When you bring someone from Zynga on as CEO, watch out. 

#18079 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:12 AM

un fucking believable

i actually enjoyed the first episode more than any tell tale episode in years, this really sucks

hopefully they'll at least tell us how they planned on having the story play out

I kind of like it ambiguous, now we'll never get the arguments about the ending.... Did they kill of Clem or not?

#18080 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:20 AM

you know how many single player games were released this year and how many made money?

or how the financing would work on an exclusive? and what other revenue models it got besides direct sales?

have you ever even talked to a dev studio or a publisher?

Let me know how much Red Dead 2 is going to make next month and it's multi isn't even going to be out for a month later, so I'll probably never touch it. Let me see how many single player games I played this year, Assassin's Creed Origins, Dead Cells, Little Nightmares, Minit, What Remains of Edit Finch, Yoku's Island Express, Dark Souls Remastered, Wolfenstein 2, South Park, Hitman, I could go for a long time. 

Don't confuse a badly run company going out of biz with the myth there are no single player games

I don't even know what you mean by your last 2 lines. 

#18081 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8159 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:20 AM

Now I wish I had gotten that Walking Dead deal if you bought the final season to get all the others. Might have been able to keep those and still try to get a refund. 🙂

#18082 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:26 AM

and the hours you spend here each day shitposting dont count.

Hahaha

#18083 braiiins  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:30 AM

Unless I'm missing something there was no official announcement that they're not finishing the final season of walking dead? I've seen reporters saying that it is cancelled and others saying it will be finished. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm going to wait on an official word from the CEO about it.

#18084 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

I kind of like it ambiguous, now we'll never get the arguments about the ending.... Did they kill of Clem or not?

Please, no one ruin TWD for those who haven't played it. Just put main story related items under a spoiler tag. Even I haven't played all of Season 3 and I bought the collection recently

#18085 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:48 AM

Unless I'm missing something there was no official announcement that they're not finishing the final season of walking dead? I've seen reporters saying that it is cancelled and others saying it will be finished. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm going to wait on an official word from the CEO about it.

https://www.trueachi...tion-of-closure

They're updating that post on TA.  Latest one stating the multiple outlets are reporting on sources close to Telltale stating work on The Walking Dead is all but done.  Episode 2 is the last we'll get.  It was all sources when the news first broke until Telltale confirmed it.  There's no point in getting our hopes up that these same sources are wrong about this news.

#18086 Uhwhatusay  

Uhwhatusay

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:56 AM

it was clear to see they were struggeling and had very low sales. all the people waiting til its $5 in a flash sale. its not just here,also in every other gaming forum. everyone wants sales.and there is just so many games out now nobody got that much time or patience.

you will get refunds by sony/microsoft/steam because your purchase wasnt fulfilled. got nothing to do with telltale. same as if a game is broken.

single player is dying sooner or later because with few exceptions they all lose money or barely get by. yet people throw billions of $ at shark cards and fortnite money. sad!

Thats because thwre real gamers like stories 1 player games ,muitplayer when your friends come over is how i grew up the 80s and 90s o how i miss my 3DO Panasonic my sega systems ,sega cd was so fun then came online gameing tiss tiss but its cool because i get to play wit family friend real friends that u know n real life that dont live close anymore that can come over and hang out thats the only thing good about online

#18087 braiiins  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:19 AM

https://www.trueachi...tion-of-closure

They're updating that post on TA.  Latest one stating the multiple outlets are reporting on sources close to Telltale stating work on The Walking Dead is all but done.  Episode 2 is the last we'll get.  It was all sources when the news first broke until Telltale confirmed it.  There's no point in getting our hopes up that these same sources are wrong about this news.

I didn't have any hope that the game wasn't cancelled, just was hesitant because of the not completely accurate reporting. A lot of sources were saying (and some still are) that the studio is closing and the CEO has tweeted at a reporter saying they're not completely closing. Granted, if they're staying open just to work on minecraft for Netflix they're basically closing as a game studio.

The CEO is not handling communications well. A vague statement with more information "in the coming weeks" is not the best when they had an incomplete episodic game.

#18088 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:32 AM

Sup peeps!
I need to make 3 new friends in Pokémon go, so if some people could send me their codes I would be thankful and send some presents l

#halo

#18089 ZombiesWorld   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

ZombiesWorld

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:37 AM

Are there any other banned Neverwinter players in here? TellTale might've slowly destroyed themselves, but Cryptic might've just destroyed themselves within minutes.

#18090 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   6020 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:55 AM

Thats because thwre real gamers like stories 1 player games ,muitplayer when your friends come over is how i grew up the 80s and 90s o how i miss my 3DO Panasonic my sega systems ,sega cd was so fun then came online gameing tiss tiss but its cool because i get to play wit family friend real friends that u know n real life that dont live close anymore that can come over and hang out thats the only thing good about online

Uh, what u say?