* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Shadow / Tomb Raider, Child of Light, Madden 19, NBA 19, more | GwG: Overcooked, Livelock; Stuntman: Ignition

#19681 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:36 AM

Forza Horizon 4... brace yourself, “winter is coming” memes are coming

And the 007 themed event is The Living Daylights! Get your car skis ready!

#19682 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:39 AM

Frisky talking politics? I'll be damned...lol

Only one party has gone off the deep end.

#19683 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

Not sure. I was just pointing out the stupidity of having all zeros as your iPhone passcode.

I'd like to think he changed it temporarily expecting it would get snooped by one of those cameras, but I remember that report about W. Australian government passwords trends for *season**year*.

#19684 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4853 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

Forza Horizon 4... brace yourself, “winter is coming” memes are coming

And the 007 themed event is The Living Daylights! Get your car skis ready!

Just beat that event.  Thankfully the Bond car you need to use for that is B class default, so winning it on Expert for the super wheelspin wasn't too bad.  The drivatars in the S1 autumn championship were brutal.  The super wheelspin landed me the BMW M5 Forza Edition, but also put me over 10 million credits.  I'm off to buy the Bamburgh castle, pop that achievement and get the barn find rumor.  Already found the winter barn car, so I'll just need to wait a week for the spring one to have all the barn finds.

#19685 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3095 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

Just beat that event. Thankfully the Bond car you need to use for that is B class default, so winning it on Expert for the super wheelspin wasn't too bad. The drivatars in the S1 autumn championship were brutal. The super wheelspin landed me the BMW M5 Forza Edition, but also put me over 10 million credits. I'm off to buy the Bamburgh castle, pop that achievement and get the barn find rumor. Already found the winter barn car, so I'll just need to wait a week for the spring one to have all the barn finds.

Did your barn find achievement actually track correctly? Mine is way off, I'm only missing 2 and it says I'm at 70%.

#19686 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4853 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:14 AM

Did your barn find achievement actually track correctly? Mine is way off, I'm only missing 2 and it says I'm at 70%.

I'm currently at 86%, which is 13/15.  TrueAchievements hasn't updated yet, it's showing 80%, from when I was at 12/15.  Hadn't checked that achievement in the tracker before, I just checked what I had in the garage menu.

#19687 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

Just beat that event. Thankfully the Bond car you need to use for that is B class default, so winning it on Expert for the super wheelspin wasn't too bad. The drivatars in the S1 autumn championship were brutal. The super wheelspin landed me the BMW M5 Forza Edition, but also put me over 10 million credits. I'm off to buy the Bamburgh castle, pop that achievement and get the barn find rumor. Already found the winter barn car, so I'll just need to wait a week for the spring one to have all the barn finds.

So will I actually be using the skis on the Vantage?

#19688 Sielanas  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:11 AM

I'm disappointed that SC6 $100 edition is essentially a $10 markup for the metal case. Game at 60, dlc at 30. Pretty lame. Lamer that it's only 3 characters plus Tira.

#19689 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

I'm disappointed that SC6 $100 edition is essentially a $10 markup for the metal case. Game at 60, dlc at 30. Pretty lame. Lamer that it's only 3 characters plus Tira.

Not even a troll, has the game ever advanced much past the Dreamcast one? That seems like a ton of money to throw down on Soul Caliber. 

#19690 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7528 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Not even a troll, has the game ever advanced much past the Dreamcast one? That seems like a ton of money to throw down on Soul Caliber. 

The create a character is a huge addition since then, you can make a lot of really good characters with it, new one should be better as well

#19691 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13550 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

Only one party has gone off the deep end.

Yeah, and they're going to lose again in November.  Both parties suck, but character assassination is just down dirty.

#19692 praxus07  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

There's now a Mixer challenge on Bing Rewards...simply watch Mixer streams on 3 different days from 10/11-10/19.  I clicked the link to go to Mixer, loaded up a channel and immediately closed it.  That was enough to fulfull the challenge for day 1.

Where is this? There's nothing like that under the Rewards section of the Bing android app. Nothing on the MS Rewards app on the Xbox either. Tried looking at the web version of Bing rewards and nothing there either, it's identical stuff as on the android app.

#19693 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

Where is this? There's nothing like that under the Rewards section of the Bing android app. Nothing on the MS Rewards app on the Xbox either. Tried looking at the web version of Bing rewards and nothing there either, it's identical stuff as on the android app.

It's a featured challenge like the Badlands and Moon Gate. Just click to the left or right of Badlands and it'll be there.

#19694 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8137 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, and they're going to lose again in November. Both parties suck, but character assassination is just down dirty.

Yeah all those women whose characters Trump has assassinated really is just down dirty. Isn’t it? And the war heroes, etc.

#19695 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7654 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

Edit: had to switch the TCL to force using HDMI 2.0. Strange that I didn’t have to do that in the past. But at least it’s fixed.

Was your's set to auto before?  I set my to 2.0 when I set it up a couple months ago.  Didn't get a chance to play my XBox X this morning.

#19696 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8137 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Was your's set to auto before? I set my to 2.0 when I set it up a couple months ago. Didn't get a chance to play my XBox X this morning.

Yes but didn’t have any issues until just yesterday so it’s weird.

#19697 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7654 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

Yes but didn’t have any issues until just yesterday so it’s weird.

Cool I read some info or was watching a Youtube video on how to set the TV up for HDR with PS4 Slim and XBox S when I got my TV and it said to put it on 2.0.  So I did.  Hopefully I won't run into the issues others are having with HDR after the October update.

#19698 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

It's a featured challenge like the Badlands and Moon Gate. Just click to the left or right of Badlands and it'll be there.

Hmmm, I don't appear to have this. But also I'm stuck at 14/15 days logging in for like the past three days. This has been a super fun punch card.

#19699 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2021 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

Hmmm, I don't appear to have this. But also I'm stuck at 14/15 days logging in for like the past three days. This has been a super fun punch card.

Lol I agree. I've been stuck at 7/20 or 8/20 on Badlands for a few days. I think it's happened before and they eventually fixed on their own. Just keep logging in daily. I remember getting a few days credit on one of the first challenges.

#19700 The Brief Chef   Actor, Chef, & CAG CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

The Brief Chef

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

Did you end up moving, to cut down on the commute?

No- still doing the 4-5 hour commute. But I've been borrowing my wife's Switch to play during the train portion of it.

Started looking for a new job outside of LA so I can move- I'm over the traffic & commute. Probably in this for another 4-6 months.

But I got the Switch!

#19701 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

No- still doing the 4-5 hour commute. But I've been borrowing my wife's Switch to play during the train portion of it.

Started looking for a new job outside of LA so I can move- I'm over the traffic & commute. Probably in this for another 4-6 months.

But I got the Switch!

4-5 each direction or total? either way you're a trooper haha.

#19702 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

Xbox Rewards app likes to tease and do you dirty doesn’t it. Still sitting on 14/15 logins for three days now. Also they got my achievement for one part of the gamepass quest and not the other.

And I still haven’t see that $5 coupon for ODST. Bleh.

I also got hooked on Fallout 4 again thanks to the current Game Pass quest. I guess that was the whole point of it. Overall the game is janky but it is still fun scavenging the wasteland killing mutants with a laser sniper.

It has actually eaten in to my Forza time. Wife is out there clearing off the map and I haven’t given it a fair shake yet.

Does MS dl flash sales like PSN? I have like $7 in credit just burning a hole in my e-pocket

#19703 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

I think the season changes work well with the UK. There are other places that would have done well too especially since autumn doesn’t pop like it could in other locals. I think coming from Australia to anywhere would be tough to follow. I’m not found of the idea of Japan at all. It seems to cliche to do. So many games are set in Asia that it gets old.
4 is fun but I think they messed around too much with Forzathon and the avatars and not enough on other things.

I know Japan is often a setting for games but with Forza it would have been a modern realistic take on it.  None of the anime craziness but a lot of different building architecture, signage, and npc vehicles on the road.  It would have been nice to see a local that is not of the western world or at least not an English country.  Maybe a Greece or Italy would have been better to me, some old world architecture and style.

#19704 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

For those interested in Soul Calibur, they had a good stream last night showing off a little bit of each of the single-player modes and then versus matches with created characters. Two experienced players with Maximilian and Kenny from YoVideogames, and two for fun players from Mega64. From the brief view and explanation we get for Chronicles of the Sword, it is 1000% better than then the story mode from 5, and the secondary story mode for Create A Soul sounds awesome, and is really an above and beyond  inclusion.

We also very briefly see a redesigned Cassandra that the Bamco guy breezed over. Seems like she could be a DLC character. 

https://youtu.be/8zMok-iElrg?t=5m54s

I think the arcade sticks were announced either there or somewhere else this week, I hadn't see them before. Hori is a good brand for this kind of stuff, though they are using their own stick and buttons instead of the most recommend parts by the FGC. Not really an issue to more casual players, but at $180 it could be an issue for those actually buying. It doesn't say, but usually these expensive sticks let you swap out parts if you want at least. We got the cooler design with the translucent red, and most of the female characters. They even have DLC character Tira, which is cool but kind of lame at the same time.

https://www.amazon.c... 6 arcade stick

#19705 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

I haven't had  much reason to post lately because life sucks and all, but after reading the last few pages I just wanted to state the obvious: This is the best thread on the Internet.

Thanks for jinxing us. After this, boom! straight to politics. But seriously it sounds like you might be having a rough time, I hope things get better.

#19706 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

An announcment that is good for newcomers but is once again Bungie fucking over the customers that were already supporting them. The first two DLCs that your were required to own before being given the privilege of buying Foresaken at full price, are going to be bundled into Forsaken starting on the 16th, 6 weeks after launch. To appease those that already paid they get a few cosmetics and some XP boosters, amazing.

This is a good thing overall but it was extremely shitty of them to have a ton of sales on these two DLCs over the past few weeks if they new they were about to do this. Especially on PS4 when D2 was just on PS+. I wonder if the sales are lower then they wanted, if they are actually listening to the negative feedback they got about it, or if this was the plan all along.

https://www.eurogame...-from-next-week

#19707 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

An announcment that is good for newcomers but is once again Bungie fucking over the customers that were already supporting them. The first two DLCs that your were required to own before being given the privilege of buying Foresaken at full price, are going to be bundled into Forsaken starting on the 16th, 6 weeks after launch. To appease those that already paid they get a few cosmetics and some XP boosters, amazing.

This is a good thing overall but it was extremely shitty of them to have a ton of sales on these two DLCs over the past few weeks if they new they were about to do this. Especially on PS4 when D2 was just on PS+. I wonder if the sales are lower then they wanted, if they are actually listening to the negative feedback they got about it, or if this was the plan all along.

I bought the expansions just before this announcement.  I'll play during the Halloween event and then probably shelf the game after getting burnt like this.

#19708 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4752 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Xbox Rewards app likes to tease and do you dirty doesn’t it. Still sitting on 14/15 logins for three days now. Also they got my achievement for one part of the gamepass quest and not the other.

And I still haven’t see that $5 coupon for ODST. Bleh.

I also got hooked on Fallout 4 again thanks to the current Game Pass quest. I guess that was the whole point of it. Overall the game is janky but it is still fun scavenging the wasteland killing mutants with a laser sniper.

It has actually eaten in to my Forza time. Wife is out there clearing off the map and I haven’t given it a fair shake yet.

Does MS dl flash sales like PSN? I have like $7 in credit just burning a hole in my e-pocket

I'm still finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider because of the GP quest.  I hadn't even played the reboot yet.  Or several earlier games.  Still haven't gotten the free DLC yet, tho.  Doing the quest in The Division got me playing that more again, too.  It's a good hook.

Thanks to those that advised me on Baja and Axion Verge, I ended up getting both.

#19709 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Wow now that is some complete and utter bull shit.  It would be one thing if they hadn't required you to have the first two not exactly great expansions to play Forsaken but to say you have to have them and tempt you with sales only to give it away a month and half later is just terrible.  

#19710 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

Glad I resisted temptation and didn't buy the expansion packs for Destiny 2.