* * * * * 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Shadow / Tomb Raider, Child of Light, Madden 19, NBA 19, more | GwG: Overcooked, Livelock; Stuntman: Ignition

#20041 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:24 PM

I've been thinking about getting rid of DirecTV. Too lazy to dig into it cause I'm at work but do you get weather channel? Seems to be the biggest obstacle to me dropping it is my wife really needs it cause she commutes and watches it every morning.

No, unfortunately, no Weather Channel. There is a thing called the internet that I hear has a Weather Channel website. 😉

But yeah, TWC would still be nice to have added. Having broadcast local channels is good for local news and weather though.

#20042 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:37 PM

I can't find any streaming options that have the weather channel.

Trust me I know you can check your phone but she's a creature of habit and would rather me overpay $100 a month for DirecTV

Thank you!

#20043 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1119 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Youtube TV is solid. It's definitely better than Sling but not as good as PS Vue and DirecTVNow imo.

#20044 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:56 PM

just gonna leave this here.

We have one planned update left for 2018, which we’re hoping to release in early December. For our Xbox One X players, your time has come! Enhanced Xbox one X support will be part of this update, complete with 4K at 60 frames-per-second and HDR support! We’ll have more to share on these improvements in the near future.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-roadmap-fall-2018/

Finally!

#20045 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:08 PM

Youtube TV is solid. It's definitely better than Sling but not as good as PS Vue and DirecTVNow imo.

DirectTV Now is absolutely horrible in my experience. Worse streaming quality of them all for me.

PS Vue is fine but doesn’t have all my local channels and was $5 more. Also liked the YTTV interface better. But local channels is probably the big dealbreaker for me. In fact ABC is On Demand only on PS Vue in my area so you have to wait for shows to even be on demand to watch them.

YTTV also has the most sports channels included at the $40 rate as well.

Think everyone needs to try them all and make their own decision. What works well in one market may not work as well in others.

#20046 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted Today, 07:55 PM

No, unfortunately, no Weather Channel. There is a thing called the internet that I hear has a Weather Channel website.

But yeah, TWC would still be nice to have added. Having broadcast local channels is good for local news and weather though.

TWC is only available for streaming online (legally) if you are a subscriber to one of their TV providers and log in with your TV provider user account. They only do free online streaming during a major weather event.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#20047 ilovexboxone   video game master CAG Veteran   93 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted Today, 07:57 PM

conan exiles free play weekend this weekend

#20048 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:03 PM

TWC is only available for streaming online (legally) if you are a subscriber to one of their TV providers and log in with your TV provider user account. They only do free online streaming during a major weather event.

Apparently Fubo and DirectTV Now have it in some streaming packages. But wasn’t enough to entice me.

I wasn’t referring to streaming when I mentioned their website though. I was talking about finding your local forecasts, etc.

#20049 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted Today, 08:33 PM

Agreed. Cost of DirecTV getting up there. But it plain works. And after a long day of work and dealing with the kids, that's enough for me. It would be painful to have to re-educate everyone in my house on using something new. That would be pure punishment for me. And if any of my wife's favorite channels were missing (ID, Hallmark, etc.) I'd never hear the end of it,

Apparently Fubo and DirectTV Now have it in some streaming packages. But wasn’t enough to entice me.

I wasn’t referring to streaming when I mentioned their website though. I was talking about finding your local forecasts, etc.

#20050 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1285 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:28 PM

Update on the Taco Bell Xbox One online code from the official rules - xbox website style:

C. Without a Purchase (Online Code Request): Between 12:00:00 AM PT on November 12, 2018 and 8:59:59 PM PT on November 21, 2018, an eligible consumer may click here and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain the online entry code (the “Online Code”). No more than one (1) Online Code may be obtained through this method (note: the Online Code is nonunique and may be used up to one [1] time per entrant per day between 12:00:00 AM PT on November 12, 2018 and 8:59:59 PM PT on November 21, 2018).

True super cheap people or those without iron stomachs will have to wait until 11/12/18.

#20051 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4865 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:33 PM

Team Animal Boomshot in the Gears eSports stream tonight.

https://live.gearsofwar.com