* * * * * 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Skyrim, Rise / Tomb Raider, WRC, more | Quakecon | GwG: Forza Horzion 2, Death Squared; Dead Space 3

#3091 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:27 PM

Two JRPGS announced today for X1. Y's Origins (Falcom) and Shining Resonance (Sega).
I'm guessing between Phil's visit and the Monster Hunter sales they are feeling a bit frisky to get cheap ports done to the X1.

Shining?  :shock:
Sega?  :shock:

Spoiler

#3092 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Shining Resonance Refrain

Expected Release:  Summer 2018

Expected Price:  $49.99

Trailer In The Spoiler

Spoiler

Y's Origins

Expected Release:  Spring 2018

Expected Price:  MIA

Teaser In The Spoiler

Spoiler

#3093 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2507 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Will take any JRPGS coming to the Xbone...the genre is really lacking on this platform....wish they could get Atlus Stuff (Shin Megami Tensai Series including the Persona Games...not that battle arena stuff even though it wasn't that bad...)

Also need more "Tales of" Games (Namco)

#3094 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11128 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Checking out some Shining Resonance gameplay on Youtube, it looks JUST like a Tales game. Hopefully it's good!

#3095 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Holy Sheeeet! An Y's game ? An Y'S GAME ON X1 ?!?! Oh my Jebus! And a Shining game. Seriously they get a Megaten game I may spontaneously combust. Think they had SM9 on the og Xbox. Great News!

giphy (1).gif

#3096 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4573 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Drat, wasted a 1k bonus in the GTASC.  Wasn't sure if being up by about 250 TA in the last 90 minutes would hold, so I used a bonus.  Ended up 1,188 above the cutoff, so I would've been safe.  I at least qualified for the new bonus.  Would've felt safer if I had been able to finish Dear Esther, but a 17 hour work day from Monday into Tuesday threw me off completely and I wasn't able to finish a director commentary run last night.  Spending most of Sunday in Gears 4 wrapping up the active events there also cut into my achievement time.

This week - wrapping up Dear Esther, going through Gone Home and hopefully finishing the Master at Arms achievement in Gears 4 should keep me safe.

#3097 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Made my first big Microsoft rewards cash in for a year of Gold with the current deal. I’ve been doing the math and once I can get a year of gold and a year of game pass for nothing but random searches now, with enough left over for a couple $10 gift cards

#3098 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2507 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

Drat, wasted a 1k bonus in the GTASC.  Wasn't sure if being up by about 250 TA in the last 90 minutes would hold, so I used a bonus.  Ended up 1,188 above the cutoff, so I would've been safe.  I at least qualified for the new bonus.  Would've felt safer if I had been able to finish Dear Esther, but a 17 hour work day from Monday into Tuesday threw me off completely and I wasn't able to finish a director commentary run last night.  Spending most of Sunday in Gears 4 wrapping up the active events there also cut into my achievement time.

This week - wrapping up Dear Esther, going through Gone Home and hopefully finishing the Master at Arms achievement in Gears 4 should keep me safe.

Yeah I saw that and was wondering as of why you did that, but when I looked up he leaderboard...I understood, better safe than sorry... I also earned the bonus this period. Probably will need them all later on lol... 500-600 TA wasn't enough anymore this time and I guess it will increase every week now...

As for Gears 4..got the Master at Arms achievement but didn't work through the cupid torque bow ones so I will still be missing one flaming skin even if the dropshot will finally be awarded from christmas...but I got the mdinight omen enforcher, and might ge tthe other weapon this week...was going for it anyway to finish my level 9 scout finally to pop that all classes at level 10 achievement.

Also Diablo 3 netted me some more achievements while playing with my friend. She's really into it, I'm glad she got an Xbone =D (even though her care for achievements hasn't grown yet =P )

#3099 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5436 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:48 PM

Liked for the word "drat" didnt read after

#3100 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4573 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:02 AM

Pink Phantom Hammerburst is live.

#3101 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Pink Phantom Gnasher and Hammerburst will be available in tonight's Gears live stream, scheduled to begin at 6pm Eastern.

Year of the Dog Longshot is the daily login reward.

I think it was All Star Baseball 2000 on the N64 where I was playing through a full season and the game stopped tracking RBIs at 255 for one of my players.  Ah, the storage limits of the old days ...

I liked this for the 256 (0-255) bit limit throwback and for the fact that you said "Pink Phantom Gnasher" which sounds like a new high tech sex toy.

#3102 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

For those that are waiting for the Xbox Live Rewards deposit, mine has been deposited as of this morning.

I got mine too some time today, the 10K reward ($10 worth of XBL credit)

#3103 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7919 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Rad Rogers looks pretty cool. Anyone pick it up? Ordered the physical copy (is it really a disc or a code in a box?) via Best Buy to save the 20%. But won’t get it until Friday.

#3104 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

Off topic a bit, but DAMNNN does Riley Rossmo fucking rule. He has become my favorite comic artist, sorry mike allred.

fea.jpg

What is this, Pinterest?

#3105 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4573 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:29 AM

Pink Phantom Gnasher, ribbed for her pleasure, is live.  Like that's important.

Spoiler

#3106 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4279 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

the gears stream chat auto mods skins as a bad word, you would think a loot box game all about skins would encourage discusiion of it instead of banning me for saying it

#3107 praxus07  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

Thanks to the funds finally being deposited by MS I was able to get Agents of Mayhem and Mass Effect 2 today. Happy to have all the ME games digitally now. Also got X-Com2 last week, so I'm good for now game wise, I think. Not too bad a February, compared to last year at this time which was just a pure nightmare.

#3108 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4573 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

the gears stream chat auto mods skins as a bad word, you would think a loot box game all about skins would encourage discusiion of it instead of banning me for saying it

How long did you watch the stream with the chat up?  The first few raffles they had, people spammed the hell out of "raffle" in the chat, so I'm not surprised they blocked that word.  I switched away from the chat for a bit, but when I went back, I saw people complaining about not being able to post gnasher and I saw one of the mods say it was also being spammed.

#3109 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:13 AM

I’ve noticed my green boot up screen is taking a very long time lately. Anyone else having this issue?

I’m almost done with my one year warranty so I’m curious if it’s just an update issue or should I be worried about my system.

#3110 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7919 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

Got sucked into watching the US Women’s Hockey team game as it went into overtime. And during the shootout, Charter broadcast an Emergency Broadcast System test just as the US was scoring the winning goal causing me to miss it. Urghhh!!! Guess that serves me right staying up until 2:15 on a worknight.

Oh well, great game!!!

#3111 praxus07  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

Just tried a hard reset on my S and the green boot screen only took a few seconds, so dunno why yours would take longer...

#3112 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

Why is Dragon Age 2 never on sale...
Debating if I should just get it on PS3 instead....
Does anything carry over?

#3113 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Just tried a hard reset on my S and the green boot screen only took a few seconds, so dunno why yours would take longer...

Thank you. I shall look more into it.

#3114 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

Got sucked into watching the US Women’s Hockey team game as it went into overtime. And during the shootout, Charter broadcast an Emergency Broadcast System test just as the US was scoring the winning goal causing me to miss it. Urghhh!!! Guess that serves me right staying up until 2:15 on a worknight.

Oh well, great game!!!

That’s awful timing! I hope you got to see the goal at least. One of the best shootout moves I’ve ever seen. And yeah definitely not used to staying up until almost 3 am (had to watch the medal ceremony).

#3115 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Oh well, great game!!!

Did the same last night. Great game. Maddie Rooney was phenomenal.

On a gaming note, I was also wondering why dragon age 2 isn't bc yet? The other dragon age games are bc, and in the ea vault, but not 2. I was going to pick up a copy but if it goes bc it would likely end up in the ea access vault.

#3116 kcobra22  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

the best game gets better, Fortnite Season 3 has started. Alot of new stuff added. Highly recommend getting the battle pass if you play. It's only $10 and you can earn so much stuff and they even give you back your money in vbucks over the season.

https://www.epicgame...-US/battle-pass

here are the things you get:

#3117 Mjkjets   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Why is Dragon Age 2 never on sale...
Debating if I should just get it on PS3 instead....
Does anything carry over?

There's a good chance that DA2 will be a GWG sometime this year. Dragon Age Origins was last year. Be patient.

#3118 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2420 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Dragon Age 2 gets shit on a lot online but I thought it was great.

#3119 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4573 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Year of the Dog EMBAR for Gears today.

#3120 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Dragon Age 2 gets shit on a lot online but I thought it was great.

I've enjoyed greatly what I've played.  I think it was too much a departure from DA:O for the internet's taste.