* * * * * 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Skyrim, Rise / Tomb Raider, WRC, more | Quakecon | GwG: Forza Horzion 2, Death Squared; Dead Space 3

#751 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Anyone buy those Game Pass 1-month codes off ebay before? I'm tempted to get one for $3. I assume they are either from system pack-ins or that Verizon(?) promo a few months ago.

#752 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2493 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

Anyone buy those Game Pass 1-month codes off ebay before? I'm tempted to get one for $3. I assume they are either from system pack-ins or that Verizon(?) promo a few months ago.

I think I have one if you want it.

#753 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5948 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Well the point is to play the games, not to game the contest...

Is it, though?

#754 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Been trying to use the Edge app (iOS)for double search points this month but can’t seem to get it to work (register my searches).

Anyone using it and working correctly?

#755 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9621 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Is it, though?

I just wish that Destiny 2 counted as F2P.

#756 gogomo  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

It sure feels like a F2P game...

#757 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9621 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

It sure feels like a F2P game...

:roll: No, not really...

What would you do with one of every piece of gear in the game anyway?

#758 gogomo  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

:roll: No, not really...

What would you do with one of every piece of gear in the game anyway?

Nothing.  That's why I'm not playing it rn.  Don't see the point in having faction armor.

It feel F2P in terms of content, and gameplay/loot mechanics actually now that I think more on it.  Path of Exile has more content with its updates than D2 did.

#759 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Just make sure they aren't for first-time-use only. I think the X1X pack-ins only work if you've never subscribed, but the T-Mobile codes stack.

#760 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9621 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Nothing.  That's why I'm not playing it rn.  Don't see the point in having faction armor.

It feel F2P in terms of content, and gameplay/loot mechanics actually now that I think more on it.  Path of Exile has more content with its updates than D2 did.

?

Path of Exile is a D3 clone, not D2.

JK :D

Not all of the Faction armors are winners, but I'm digging a bunch of it and unlocking the ornaments has been a little grindy at times but overall fun.  Plus, unlocking the helmet ornaments might actually get enough people together for me to run a bona-fide NightFall!

#761 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Been trying to use the Edge app (iOS)for double search points this month but can’t seem to get it to work (register my searches).

You have to do all searches on edge app. If you do any on bing app it disqualifies you from getting bonus points.

#762 davidflecha17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

davidflecha17

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

I can't stay up all night playing f2p games when I have to work in the morning. Thanks though for the very helpful suggestion.

Some youtube video said to plug your controller to the xbox via usb so that the controller doesn't turn off. I tried it with clicker heroes for an hour. The screen dims but the controller doesn't turn off.

#763 aenima122  

aenima122

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

I ran into a few problems with the Edge app (Android) at first. Even though I was signed into the app, the searches only counted when I signed into the actual Rewards website. Then opened up a tab, went to Bing, and searched away.

One annoyance I had was clicking on "Mobile Search" when on the Rewards website (normally dumps to Bing on the Bing app), it would take me to a page about downloading Edge on my mobile device. I'm not using an app that's playing an app disguised as another app!

#764 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned (or if anyone really cares at this point) but all of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter packs are $1.98 at Toys R' Us.  I ordered two of the X1 versions and got them free with a $5 rewards coupon.

#765 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

starting to get hooked on clicker heros again, forgot how much depth this clicking simulator has, prestiges, super prestiges and tons of other shit I dont even really understand

#766 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

So I racked up 80 Playtime Entries, 10 Registration Entries, 126 Bonus Entries for a total of 216 Entries.

Been mostly Frozen Free Fall (up to lvl 69 now, oooh oohh), Gems of War, some Fallout Shelter & Pinball FX 3 tbh.

Also recently grabbed their Edge app for Android and have found it only works 100% if you go and sign in first, then do searches/browse the web.

Edited by Spybreak9, 20 January 2018 - 01:05 AM.

#767 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

This...I just finished my New Monarchy Warlock set. The boots took the longest because you have to get Super kill in the EDZ and it is like only 3%-4% per super lol. I wonder who is going to win. I have to say that the ghost for NM is probably the best looking one because it looks normal and not like the fluffly ones haha.

#768 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9621 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

This...I just finished my New Monarchy Warlock set. The boots took the longest because you have to get Super kill in the EDZ and it is like only 3%-4% per super lol. I wonder who is going to win. I have to say that the ghost for NM is probably the best looking one because it looks normal and not like the fluffly ones haha.

I rather wish we got a cool ship or sparrow or ghost instead of the auto rilfe.  We don't need more auto rifles running around out there.  :)

#769 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5436 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:26 AM

Anyone interested in the AC:Origins "Secrets of the First Pyramids" DLC?

Like the post, pick someone later

captbrannigan

#770 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

I picked up Inside and Limbo for $12 total. Weird thing is you'll probably be over $30. A lot of combinations hit $29.99 (or end in 98 cents or 97 cents) before tax because a number of the games are at a price ending in .99 . If I were at a brick and mortar store I'd just throw in a pack of 25 cent gum. Where's the digital gum?

No promises, but in my experience it does seem to round up to the nearest dollar. With the video promotion last month I rented several $3.99 movies and got credit towards the rent x $4 movies portion. If you’ve already made three $9.99 purchases and don’t have anything else that interests you, you may want to wait the 72-96 hours and see if rewards gives you the credit for it.

Also, there seems to be a delay with the 5 achievements portion of the Doctor mission. I got 5 achievements the same day of purchase but they didn’t post for nearly a week after I earned them. I thought I was out of luck and almost got 5 more but then they suddenly showed up. This was AFTER I purchased my $2 item so that could have accounted for the delay.

#771 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Anyone still need a Forza 7 Halo racing suit code?

#772 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67361 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

starting to get hooked on clicker heros again, forgot how much depth this clicking simulator has, prestiges, super prestiges and tons of other shit I dont even really understand

I just wish it supported achievement progress tracking.

#773 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

I just wish it supported achievement progress tracking.

a lot of achievements are tracked in game as there is a challenge that has the same objective as the achievement and challenges have a progress bar

#774 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67361 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

a lot of achievements are tracked in game as there is a challenge that has the same objective as the achievement and challenges have a progress bar

I know. I've been playing the game since it came out, but that would be preferable to navigate the huge grid of icons whenever I'd like to see how it's going.

#775 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

I know. I've been playing the game since it came out, but that would be preferable to navigate the huge grid of icons whenever I'd like to see how it's going.

if youve been playing the game since it came out and still dont have every achievement I should probably just give up now

#776 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67361 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

if youve been playing the game since it came out and still dont have every achievement I should probably just give up now

Have you ever played an idle game before? You're not beating this thing anytime soon.

source.gif

#777 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11461 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

http://xboxclips.com...c4-84b6517d8f45 When you can't properly lead your shots because your pulse is too high but make the final shot that counts.

#778 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

I think the balance in pubG is whack, with a level 2 helmet snipers still kill in one hit, way over powered

#779 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11461 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

I just need to stay calm in the final 10 more often and get a bit lucky. Me and my duo partner had the house so we were able to wait out most of the game. If anyone threw a grenade in there we would have been screwed. This is my 5th (6th?) chicken dinner and finally got a kill in one. I've gotten second place about 10 or so times so I could imagine how much more I could have gotten if I stayed calm.

#780 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   5436 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

captbrannigan

Breaking News: the Olympic committee has found traces of sawdust in Captbrannigan’s system so the new winner is Elitewillie