* * * * * 6 votes

XBL Deals - E3 Sale | DwG: Division DLC, WRC, Handball, Surge, more | GwG: ACC: Russia, MGS5:PP; Sonic Racing

#7261 CamperinaBush   Games! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

you guys sure are going out of your way to hate on a game that is getting 10/10 reviews

you don't like that Kratos says "boy", boy that sounds like nitpicking to me

Pretty sure I gave multiple positive comments before bringing up the dialogue.

As far as 10/10, do you agree with every “Certified Fresh” movie review from Rotten Tomatoes? Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

CamperInaBush.png

#7262 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

RIP Avicii. Died in Oman which reminded me of the Oman Wars which a handful of us were a casualty of.

#7263 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2386 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

you guys sure are going out of your way to hate on a game that is getting 10/10 reviews

you don't like that Kratos says "boy", boy that sounds like nitpicking to me

They are trying to be subtle with their console war nonsense. It's not working.

#7264 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

RIP Avicii. Died in Oman which reminded me of the Oman Wars which a handful of us were a casualty of.

Damn! Avicii is dead? What happened?

VAXyo12.gif

#7265 kcobra22  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Double framerate, 16x resolution, and the load time difference: 

Zt69HfQ.png

#7266 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4399 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7267 kcobra22  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

May Xbox Update

https://news.xbox.co...9akHuAw5i6lK.99

-120Hz Comes to Consoles

-Trim Clips Directly in the Guide

-Group Your Games and Apps

With Groups, you can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within My games & apps. You can also assign custom names to each Group, organize and order them, and add individual Groups to Home. Groups will appear across My games & apps, Home, and Guide, so you’ll be able to access your Groups at a moment’s notice. Best of all, Groups are tied to your account, so they will automatically sync across multiple Xbox One consoles.

nLsrYTzl.png

#7268 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   3014 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

God of War looks cool. I don't have a PS4 but if it was an Xbox exclusive or multi platform, I would prob buy it once I could get it for $20-30. It can't be on Xbox though because GoW is already Gears of War on Xbox.

#7269 braiiins  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

I really like this. I'm sure there will be a bunch of groups I want to make but the first one that comes to mind is making a group of games that I'd need to put a disc in to play. I don't have many at this point but may not remember them off the top of my head.

#7270 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9502 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

I mean how long of an experience is God Of War that it's worth it to drop $400 on a system? 15-20 hours? People love to rag on the Halo/Gears/Forza Trinity but the truth is you can play those games for hundreds of hours and still get plenty of enjoyment out of them. Can you say the same about God Of War and Horizon Zero Dawn?

I'm actually going the other route - I'm buying the console and trading my plain white one in and then trading the game back. 

I feel like "boy" fits the colder, distant Kratos character (again, based on my limited time with the series). I certainly don't read anything racially-charged into it, unless he starts calling him "cracka kid" halfway through the game. I have to agree calling someone "boy" who isn't your kid is pretty weird though. Makes me think of a southern politician...maybe that's where the race angle comes in.

My father called me all kinds of things growing up. Boy is the only one I care to repeat. lol

My dad called me and my brother boy, and various other kids in our life boy. One of my lifelong friends is still (negatively (humorously)) affected by it.

This will be FANTASTIC!

I really like this. I'm sure there will be a bunch of groups I want to make but the first one that comes to mind is making a group of games that I'd need to put a disc in to play. I don't have many at this point but may not remember them off the top of my head.

I noticed that since I had to insert the disc to install Morrowind :xbox: it has a little disc icon in the top corner, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.  I would love for one of the filters to be "requires disc" but this will do for now.

#7271 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Several sales ago I bought dear Esther - the director commentaries are the most pretentious things I have ever heard...I am more irritated by this than the shit ending to far cry 5

#7272 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Several sales ago I bought dear Esther - the director commentaries are the most pretentious things I have ever heard...I am more irritated by this than the shit ending to far cry 5

Ha now I'll have to go and listen to that, thanks a lot ;) 

#7273 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

Pretty sure I gave multiple positive comments before bringing up the dialogue.

As far as 10/10, do you agree with every “Certified Fresh” movie review from Rotten Tomatoes? Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

it has a 95 on metacritic

i'd say it's pretty damn good, there are people here that think The Last of Us is as bad as Amy so differing opinions tend to be wrong

#7274 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3186 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

...differing opinions tend to be wrong

I wonder how many tyrants, dictators, fascists, etc. have said these exact words.  :)

#7275 dennisb407   Banned Banned   5420 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

May Xbox Update

https://news.xbox.co...9akHuAw5i6lK.99

-120Hz Comes to Consoles

-Trim Clips Directly in the Guide

With Groups, you can create multiple collections of content made up of anything from within My games & apps. You can also assign custom names to each Group, organize and order them, and add individual Groups to Home. Groups will appear across My games & apps, Home, and Guide, so you’ll be able to access your Groups at a moment’s notice. Best of all, Groups are tied to your account, so they will automatically sync across multiple Xbox One consoles.

nLsrYTzl.png

I'd be happy when they add the option on "where the hell did I meet  you". When you play something like Rainbow 6 then add someone because you played well together. Then you put the game down for a few months to take a break and you look at your buddylist and be like "where the hell did I meet you at". I want a folder where I can store your gamertag so I remember what game we played initially

#7276 CamperinaBush   Games! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

it has a 95 on metacritic

i'd say it's pretty damn good, there are people here that think The Last of Us is as bad as Amy so differing opinions tend to be wrong

Not going to debate you, but a person’s opinion is never wrong, as it’s his or her opinion. It may differ from your own opinion, seeming to you as wrong. An opinion may be unpopular, immoral, against the law, etc., but it is never wrong.

I actually owned a PS4 before an Xbox One, and still own/play a PS3. My opinion of The Last of Us was unpopular, as I did not care for it, but again, I’m not “wrong” because my opinion differs from the majority 👍🏼 All of this is my opinion, so you’re free to feel the way you do!

CamperInaBush.png

#7277 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9502 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

Opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one.

They all stink.

#7278 dennisb407   Banned Banned   5420 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

or bleached

#7279 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

or bleached

Is that you Artemis?

#7280 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

About 10 years ago when I met my wife's youngest niece and nephew I couldn'tremember his name. I asked if the boy is coming to stay with us next weekend. It just stuck after that. Now "the boy" has a boy of his own (earlier this month). He is like 1/4 Mexican but that never factored into my calling him "the boy".

This whole 'debate' reminds me of another message board I am on. A small but very vocal contingent of people believe Thug is a racist term. To keep it some what on topic I mentioned that the Batman video game and a few movies and such had white people calling other white people (who happened to be criminals) thugs. Context used to matter but more and more it doesn't seem so.

There’s a certain group of people who like to use the word thug in place of another word when referring to another group of people who don’t look like them.

#7281 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

I wonder how many tyrants, dictators, fascists, etc. have said these exact words.  :)

well in this case the differing opinions are coming from people that haven't played the game and don't even own the console it is played on, so yeah differing opinions here are wrong

#7282 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3722 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

Hate to mention XBox related stuff in the Playstation thread but, the XBox GC on my bing account now says "Direct Deposit" against it, beside the "Redeem" link. So, looks like my account transitioned to the new rewards system.

#7283 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7698 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

Hate to mention XBox related stuff in the Playstation thread but, the XBox GC on my bing account now says "Direct Deposit" against it, beside the "Redeem" link. So, looks like my account transitioned to the new rewards system.

I thought that didn’t start until June 1?

#7284 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Not going to debate you, but a person’s opinion is never wrong, as it’s his or her opinion. It may differ from your own opinion, seeming to you as wrong. An opinion may be unpopular, immoral, against the law, etc., but it is never wrong.

I actually owned a PS4 before an Xbox One, and still own/play a PS3. My opinion of The Last of Us was unpopular, as I did not care for it, but again, I’m not “wrong” because my opinion differs from the majority 👍🏼 All of this is my opinion, so you’re free to feel the way you do!

"I didn't like Shadow of Mordor because kill streak rewards are unfair" is a factually incorrect opinion, being a case of mistaken identity.

"I didn't like Xcom because you can only quick save rather than having save slots." Again, this opinion is wrong. You can say you still didn't like it, but not for that reason (as Xcom has both save slots and a quick save).

"Cheetos are my favorite because they're a snack that doesn't make a mess." Wrong.

#7285 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3722 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Think they meant June 1st to be the cut-off date for everybody. They must be doing few accounts at a time, so do not expect it to last longer. If you have enough to redeem and would like a code emailed, for whatever reasons, do it now.

#7286 Haralambos   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Haralambos

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

I picked up god of war to play on my new ps4 pro and the sales guy said I should play god of war 3 remastered first for some story tie in info. I said thanks for the heads up I own that in my backlog already and plan on playing gears 4 tonight. For what its worth.

#7287 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1224 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:38 AM

WTF happened to this thread? Derailed again, going off on PlayStation and "thug" or "boy" talk??? Waiting for political or sports bantering as we go further down the rabbit hole......I'm off to play Modern Warfare Remastered via a free Redbox rental.

I'll be back next week to download all the awesome BC Star Wars games

Dustinator.png

Dustinator.png

#7288 dennisb407   Banned Banned   5420 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:57 AM

TIL there's a specific sound when you're near the hatch in Dead By Daylight.

#7289 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

I think it's just random, my new "unbanned" email is direct deposit, the other one I used the last couple years is still a code. 

#7290 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

WTF happened to this thread? Derailed again, going off on PlayStation and "thug" or "boy" talk??? Waiting for political or sports bantering as we go further down the rabbit hole

Someone earlier in the thread said something about a game commentary being the most pretentious thing they ever heard, so a bunch of people took up the challenge to prove him wrong.