$10 Playstation Store Voucher Check Your Notifications

Flash Strife

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see a topic for this. Just turned on my PS4 and saw I got a $10 voucher to use in the playstation store. It's most likely a targeted offer. First time I get anything from Sony though I did just get a PS4 last month so that may be why. Says it expires on the 31st so redeem it while you can. Can use it with the current sales going on to pick up a game or 2 for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your about to break some hearts.
I've had it happen to me enough times with those discount codes and stuff so I know. =(

Still worth getting the word out since not everyone turns on their systems frequently and they might miss out. Also the current sale makes it even better.

Didn't get one, currently mailing a turd filled package to Sony's CEO
Supposedly they started sending them out earlier this week or so and I just got mine 2 hours ago so maybe keep checking in on it?

I've had it happen to me enough times with those discount codes and stuff so I know. =(

Still worth getting the word out since not everyone turns on their systems frequently and they might miss out. Also the current sale makes it even better.
Most of the best sales ended before the new sales started this week.. so you missed nearly all of the noteworthy ones. Anyway, there was already a thread like this the last time people were getting new PS4s, which was mostly during black friday.

Most of the best sales ended before the new sales started this week.. so you missed nearly all of the noteworthy ones. Anyway, there was already a thread like this the last time people were getting new PS4s, which was mostly during black friday.
Yup, saw the older thread from a month or 2 ago but googled the offer and saw this current offer started recently. Also most of the good sales might be gone but I'm a simple man, I see Momodora for $5, I buy it.

What happens if you've recently purchased an Xbox One? Does a large Sony employee come to your house and make you play Life of Black Tiger?

For fuck's sake.

I haven't even gotten the $10 credit that I redeemed from Sony Rewards yet. How fucking long does it take to send out a digital code?

used to be intstant but they recently changed the policy and you gotta wait up to a week.
Yeah, and they aren't kidding. Unlike many digital deliveries, it isn't that is *can* take up to a week, it almost certainly *will* take up to a week. If you want to redeem for credit, you need to plan ahead. Deciding on Tuesday morning you want to redeem some points to take advantage before a sale ends will almost always leave you disappointed.

I don't think this deserves its own thread. I think Sony gives them out almost on an individual/small batch basis. I got a $10 code in November and there was no thread for it. It's very YMMV and people are already informed through their PSN account

I have never gotten a 10 code.

I do how ever allways get the email discount ones.

So i guess I'm all right not getting this lol

I don't think this deserves its own thread. I think Sony gives them out almost on an individual/small batch basis. I got a $10 code in November and there was no thread for it. It's very YMMV and people are already informed through their PSN account
It never does, but here we are. Wish these threads would get locked immediately.

It never does, but here we are. Wish these threads would get locked immediately.

Do you 2 need the police sent to where you are? Didn't realize you had someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to open up and read threads that have no interest to you - if a thread has no interest to you other than to just open it up and bitch about it then why don't you just take those few precious wasted seconds it took you to open the thread and spend it on a thread that interests you instead of shitting on the OP who was just trying to give helpful information to those of us that don't check our PSN/XBL accounts every 5 minutes for freebies

/rant

Yeah, and they aren't kidding. Unlike many digital deliveries, it isn't that is *can* take up to a week, it almost certainly *will* take up to a week. If you want to redeem for credit, you need to plan ahead. Deciding on Tuesday morning you want to redeem some points to take advantage before a sale ends will almost always leave you disappointed.
Well, luckily it "only" took a day so I'm all sorted now. Except I'm in that incredibly awkward position where the items in my cart exceed my wallet value by a few bucks, so I either have to remove an item or add $5 -- but either way, it will leave me with an annoying balance that will always itch in the back of my mind. There is never a "perfect" amount to clear the wallet value, is there?

Can someone remind me... was there a PSN promotion near Black Friday where if you spent enough money, you’d get a $10 credit sometime in January? Did I make that up? Can someone link me to the details?

I'm on to you Sony.

All these "people" posting about free PSN credits are clearly members of your marketing team just trying to get us to use our Playstations more or visit the PS Store. There is no such thing as a free $10 credit is there! We're all just sheeple now blindly turning on our systems in hopes of something that will never come!

Well done Sony. You win. We obey.

(P.S. Sony people - I will delete this post if you send me the $10 credit, I will keep the secret safe. You can buy my loyalty!)

Didn't realize you had someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to open up and read threads that have no interest to you - if a thread has no interest...
Whoa buddy, you're off the rails a bit. Put down the pitchfork. You're the one who was ready to infer that as complaining; don't attack me because of your flawed perception. It's pretty clear that my only intent was to be informative. There are many in these types of threads who are confused as to why they didnt get a code. My post was a simple explanation of that.

But go ahead, assume everyone is just a whiny little bitch the second they make a ounce of criticism. You'll get far in life that way.

Got a code. Thanks for the heads up. Despite what people say, I just got system for Xmas and had been ignoring the notifications.

The reason these threads exist... Is because people like me may not turn my PS4 on for weeks (RL shit to do) and when I spend a few minutes here to check the deals... I *WILL* turn my PS4 on when I see one of these.

His point is that *nobody* is forcing you to read any post.. See a thread like this? ignore it.. its really that simple.

If it offends you... well then report it.  :roll:

But going *out of your way* to read and post... proves his point.

But yet again... no code for me. 

His point is that *nobody* is forcing you to read any post.. See a thread like this? ignore it.. its really that simple.

But going *out of your way* to read and post... proves his point.
Once again, I was not merely complaining about the thread's existence. I'm saying that the thread's existence is confusing for many who are confused as to why they don't receive a code. If I was new to Playstation, this thread would immediately imply that EVERYONE gets a code, and if you dont, then something must be wrong. But that's not the case. I was explaining that. Simple.

Once again, I was not merely complaining about the thread's existence. I'm saying that the thread's existence is confusing for many who are confused as to why they don't receive a code. If I was new to Playstation, this thread would immediately imply that EVERYONE gets a code, and if you dont, then something must be wrong. But that's not the case. I was explaining that. Simple.
Except the OP explains everything in the very first post... and *anyone* that actually read it... would know.

This doesn't stack with the current flash sales. I added Dark cloud 2 and Rogue galaxy both to my cart. Still showed a balance of about $10 when checking out.

Not true. I got the $10 gift, added $19 worth of games and I paid $9 outta my PayPal. Maybe you needed to spend a minimum of $10 to use it?

I got one of these recently since I got a PS4 in November, and I do recall some kind of funny business when checking out. I think I had to Change Payment Method for it to apply the full bonus credit.

I just realized both of my PS4 controllers are in other places (I use them to play games on computers, one is at my office and one is at my SO's) and I'm glad to report that pressing down the power button briefly will put the PS4 into rest mode if you happen to turn it on after weeks of neglect to check your messages and then realize you don't have a controller for it.

Okay, I'll bite. Where do you have to go to get this? Can it be accessed from the Playstation Store, the system itself, or what?

Chances are I just didn't get one, but you never know.

Another hoax.
Not a hoax. You just aren't one of the lucky ones. I got the $10 code last week. It cant be complete random who gets the codes and who doesn't. There has to be some sort of criteria. My friend (who is a brown gentleman) has a theory that they only give them to white folks :lol:. I had a good laugh at him until he explained "People like me will just buy a $10 game with it and that's it. White folks will put that $10 towards a $50 game and they make $40." I seriously doubt sony knows what race you are but they 100% know how likely you are to spend money on the store and likely send those $10 codes to past spenders.

Not a hoax. You just aren't one of the lucky ones. I got the $10 code last week. It cant be complete random who gets the codes and who doesn't. There has to be some sort of criteria. My friend (who is a brown gentleman) has a theory that they only give them to white folks :lol:. I had a good laugh at him until he explained "People like me will just buy a $10 game with it and that's it. White folks will put that $10 towards a $50 game and they make $40." I seriously doubt sony knows what race you are but they 100% know how likely you are to spend money on the store and likely send those $10 codes to past spenders.
I think it's an extension of the "complete lives system," where they use criteria such as age, intelligence, economic achieving ability, and other attributes which determine a person's potential to achieve and contribute to society. This is all computed, and scored with a numerical value: those who score well get all sorts of perks, including montly $10 off coupons from Sony.

bread's done
Back