CAGcast #529: These Are Real Words

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Nintendo announcements, Overwatch League, Dead Cells, CES, VR hardware updates, and of course, Red Lobster, table tennis and air fryers.
Download (1 hr 12 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by MissionU. To learn more about MissionU and to earn $500 upon completion of the full year program, go to www.MissionU.com/cag
AND
Hello Fresh! For $30 off your first week, visit hellofresh.com and use promo code: cagcast30.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix)
Outro - 1980 Red Lobster Commercial
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
CAGcast on YouTube
Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Red Lobster means you are getting engaged, Arby’s must mean you are getting divorced.

Cheapy, I watched that Red Letter Media link that you tweeted and it was pretty disappointing. It had a promising start, as I agree that there is an issue with fandom in general, not just Star Wars. But it quickly went off the rails. Targeting the Celebrations is wildly off the mark. It's a place to go and be surrounded by Star Wars stuff and basically have a good time. When you are watching the premiere of a trailer with the cast in the same room, it's fun and exciting. When John Williams makes a surprise appearance and conducts Leia's Theme, it's exciting.

And then to top it off, they take the easy laffs by appealing to the sci-fi stereotype that it just appeals to men. If they had *any* experience with the Celebrations (or even took a cursory glance at the video they used), they would see how off base that remark is. I've gone to every U.S. Celebration, and the predominant demographic is families, not just men.

Ironically, as Mike calls out Kathleen Kennedy for acting like a demagogue, his lackeys sit around lapping up his pronouncements, no matter how off base they are.

The problem that exists in fandom is a problem with human nature in general. People just seem hardwired to reject any criticism of things they love, regardless of whether or not the criticism is legitimate. Any criticism is viewed as an attack, and that's exactly what is going on with the TLJ discussion. After all these years of the Cagcast and people complaining of prejudice and bias, that pattern should be painfully familiar.

Back to videogames, I'm really hoping that there is a hardware revision to the Switch this year. I want to get one, but I know that a new version will come out as soon as I buy one.

Best time to work out (for me) is the morning. I get up only 25 minutes earlier, and are able to get my workout in. I used to workout after work, but I hated my evening being tight having a workout in it. Working out in the morning, I have found myself to be more pleasant during the day ;)

Best time to work out (for me) is the morning. I get up only 25 minutes earlier, and are able to get my workout in. I used to workout after work, but I hated my evening being tight having a workout in it. Working out in the morning, I have found myself to be more pleasant during the day ;)
Yep, there is always time to exercise Wombat, you just need to make it. I get up at 4am every morning to get it out of the way before work. Exercising after work can be rough, with all the terrible movies and tv shows you manage to watch you should be able to find at least 30 mins a day to go for a jog or something. Just some tough love man, keep up the good work.

bread's done
Back