- - - - -

2018 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#31 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

Estate sales are always too damn crowded, no matter what time you go. I never get anything good at those.

#32 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

The local outdoor flea market opened on Sunday. No game finds, but picked up:

John Pinette’s “Show Me the Buffet” CD $1
Filth DVD (based on the Irvine Welsh book) $2
Shaft/Shaft’s Big Score DVD set $1
Sealed Karate Kid DVD collection $1 (included a working UV code)

#33 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

First yard sale weekend of the year, only three in the area and the first two were busts.  The third kinda had some stuff.

IMG_1498.JPG

Warriors, come out and plaaaayaeeeeee.  $.50 each.

There is some minor scuffing which can be buffed out, but it appears there is the beginnings of spindle cracking on the Xbox game.  I see this more on Xbox stuff than anything.  Maybe it's the quality of the discs?

#34 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

i need to play through The Warriors again. Amazing game.

Had some decent finds at the flea market this morning.

DeathNote anime volumes 1 and 2 - $5 total
Danzig (self-titled) CD - $0.50
Rock Band 2 (PS3) - $1
And a nice Buddha statue for $1

#35 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15425 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

First yard sale weekend of the year, only three in the area and the first two were busts.  The third kinda had some stuff.

IMG_1498.JPG

Warriors, come out and plaaaayaeeeeee.  $.50 each.

There is some minor scuffing which can be buffed out, but it appears there is the beginnings of spindle cracking on the Xbox game.  I see this more on Xbox stuff than anything.  Maybe it's the quality of the discs?

Funny enough, I have been buying up a ton of original Xbox stuff lately and have been noticing the same. An absurdly large volume of the games I find at yard sales and swap meets have cracked rings or rings that are beginning to crack. Seems really crazy given how nice some of the discs look otherwise.

#36 mchittumjr  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:29 AM

A lot of competition out here this year. Yesterday alone I ran into 5 people looking for games, I ran into 2-3 all of last year. The kid having early softball games has limited me the last few weeks. Here’s 3 Saturday’s worth of pickups.

Wii with box - $15 missing the Wii sports games and box has pencil holes in the back
PS2 Slim with power adapter - $10
Xbox 360 Complete - $10
DSi - $5
NES Advantage - $5
Princess Peach controller -$2
478CCF76-7C74-4BE6-89F7-BC3E7C7A4D15.jpeg

Xbox 360 games were $2 and the rest were $1 each.
32A7362A-98A9-4BD9-94B6-00BE75D598A7.jpeg

Also picked up 3 Xbox 360 controllers and a case of loose 360 games for $12 and a Wii with abunch of games for $20. Didn’t get pictures before I traded into GameStop during the cash same as credit for around $150.

#37 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Finally had a day that was good for yard saling in Baltimore! I had a few good finds but didn't run into any competition, which was great. I think my main competitor in the city may have moved, though I haven't been able to confirm it for sure yet.

These all came from different houses at various community sales. DVD's plus Sonic were $6, the PS4 games were $5 apiece, and Lumines and Morrowind were $2 apiece. It's my first time seeing non-sports PS4 games in the wild.

zN4bm3P.jpg

This lot was sitting in a box marked $10 right along the side walk, which if nothing else was a good sign no other game buyers were around. It's nice to add Mario Super Sluggers to my collection.

acyrT1U.jpg

And the last find comes courtesy of a friend who posted about a sale and sent me a pic when I asked about video games. Everything here was $25, and I can't even feel bad because they were just cleaning out an ex's old stuff and wanted to be rid of it.

4jpuQWQ.jpg

#38 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:00 PM

^nice score on that gamecube lot for sure.

#39 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:01 AM

Finally had a day that was good for yard saling in Baltimore! I had a few good finds but didn't run into any competition, which was great. I think my main competitor in the city may have moved, though I haven't been able to confirm it for sure yet.

These all came from different houses at various community sales. DVD's plus Sonic were $6, the PS4 games were $5 apiece, and Lumines and Morrowind were $2 apiece. It's my first time seeing non-sports PS4 games in the wild.

zN4bm3P.jpg

This lot was sitting in a box marked $10 right along the side walk, which if nothing else was a good sign no other game buyers were around. It's nice to add Mario Super Sluggers to my collection.

acyrT1U.jpg

And the last find comes courtesy of a friend who posted about a sale and sent me a pic when I asked about video games. Everything here was $25, and I can't even feel bad because they were just cleaning out an ex's old stuff and wanted to be rid of it.

4jpuQWQ.jpg

Willing to part with some of those GC games...I need a few

#40 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:05 AM

Last two weekends weren't that great. I dont work Fridays so I get a leg up on the competition.

I went out Friday it was pretty windy, I went to two decent sized church sales. The larger of the two sales had DS games and overpriced 360 stuff. I did grab a nice hdmi cable a 10 ft one for $2

The next church sale was a little better I got Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3, and NBA Jam for 360 for $2 together. Stopped at one more sale close to my house and got Tiger Woods Masters 12 for 360 and Tiger Woods 13 for $6. All of this will be trade fodder to Gamestop

#41 luckycollector  

luckycollector

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

can anyone help me. i just brought this pokemon crystal online and i want to know how i can tell if the box is real. the cart seems to be real. when i compared it to my copy i can see that the board inside looks exactly the same and nothing seems wrong or out of place. just second guessing it since the person's account is brand new and has no sales or feedback especially with all the fakes out there of Pokemon. only paid $40 for it as well.

s-l1600.jpg

#42 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

Nothing yet. Went to a few sales last Saturday.......had yardwork to do today and cleaing/testing Goodwill pickups still. Sales are just kinda picking up around here though. 3 weeks ago it snowed FFS! Today its 80.

#43 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

can anyone help me. i just brought this pokemon crystal online and i want to know how i can tell if the box is real. the cart seems to be real. when i compared it to my copy i can see that the board inside looks exactly the same and nothing seems wrong or out of place. just second guessing it since the person's account is brand new and has no sales or feedback especially with all the fakes out there of Pokemon. only paid $40 for it as well.

s-l1600.jpg

The board should say Nintendo. If u already have a copy and looks exactly the same, then it’s probably real.

#44 luckycollector  

luckycollector

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

the game arrived yesterday and it is indeed real. even was able to clean up the box now i got a great cib copy of crystal. going to sell the extra copy of the game for $30 so the box will end up costing me $10

IMG_20180508_172805_729.jpg

#45 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:46 AM

Facebook purchase: $40 total

FremLaF.jpg?2

#46 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

Damn! Nice catch.

#47 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:25 AM

Facebook purchase: $40 total

FremLaF.jpg?2

Nice

#48 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

after 3 yardsales with either no games (one yardsale was pricing ebay via phone)

here is the picked up today:

a plastic bag with ps3 component cables,xbox one controller without 3.5 mm jack, guitar hero usb, red ps2 memory card, ps3 move controller, a xbox 360 goldeneye reloaded xbox 360,

and a dead space 1 xbox 360 for $8. the controller going to a friend and it was nice to get dead space to complete the series on xbox.

This was a nice pickup all for $2:

The bourne movies series on blu ray. (only missing Jason Bourne)

The suicide squad 3d and the extended cut movie.

The tv show ballers season 1 and 2 on DVD. 

#49 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

Really surprised with this yard sale purchase. The parents running the sale told me their kid thought this Xbox 360 had the RROD. They said I could have it and the games for $10

Originally they only had the controller out for $1. I asked if they had anything else and they brought the rest out of the house. They didn't think anyone would want to buy it because it was possibly broken.

30 minutes into testing it no issues, yet

apzJwAu6Euk_S8yF7DXsUqMzSujG89rHxUhOJQIc

#50 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

I picked up a ton of stuff this last weekend. Mostly PC and Commodore 64 games. Pics to come soon

#51 mchittumjr  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

Dropped my buddy off last week after yard sailing together and he goes to another community sale calls me a few mins later saying this guy has a Mario Kart 64 box for $5 in good shape told him to buy it. Today’s the first time I saw it.

539B3636-54BF-4686-A60E-87CE1515E8CC.jpeg

As for today hit a flea market and 4 community sales but things started pretty slow video game wise. Picked up this box of ps1/ps2 stuff for $3. Lady was a gamer seen my fallout shirt and said she just started playing it.
7A57F268-E426-408E-BD72-F1A1C19A6770.jpeg

Last community sale got pretty lucky. First guy brought out a box of ps2/ps3 games mainly sports so I picked up the ps move set with charger and camera for $5. Another guy had the complete in box GBA SP with games for $1. Said he also had the boxes for the games but never found them. Star Wars and 007 were $1 each. Last sale really saved the day.
D163B14C-CE09-46A3-8448-B2C206ACECA9.jpeg

#52 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

This past weekend was a big biannual flea market that my wife and I always hit up together. The main goal is to get clothes for the kiddo, but I usually find some games while I'm there, too.

A guy had a crate of PS1 games and I grabbed the ones on the bottom of the pic. They were supposed to be $2 each, but the seller offered to let me take the rest of the crate for $10, so I just took the lot of them. Minecraft: Story Mode was $5, and the PS2 is supposedly broken but for $5 I figured it was a worth a shot if only for the controllers.

eCISzbq.jpg

Lwnk5iM.jpg

#53 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

Here's a couple pick ups from yard sales today.

$13 total for the DS games, $30 for the PowerBeats 3 Wireless earphones

DXaVyXf.jpg

#54 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Haven't posted in a while, but...

Mother's Day weekend I found the Scooby Doo Wrestlemania DVD for $1, two CDs (50's/60's compilation and a late 90's dance compilation) for 50 cents each, and two Puma shirts for $1 each, both like new. (Saw a DS for $40, but it came with Donkey Kong Country (GBA) and a MLB DS game with it, so I passed. Also, a bunch of flat screen TVs. Most at reasonable prices, but I didn't feel like lugging them home as I walk.)

EDIT: Forgot, also found a Bad Dog retro Wii controller at one for $2.

Yesterday I found Thor: Dark World and Batman V Superman at one sale for $1 each. Didn't really care for that Thor, haven't watched Batman V Superman (but heard a lot of negative stuff), but figured the price was right.

Today I found The Incredible Hulk (from the animated series, like 4 episodes) for $1 and an XBox 360 wired controller for $1. Saw a big XBox 360 collection at another yard sale, but was told the disc drive was bad on the 360. It was that first design, though, so I didn't bother asking for a price. I don't have the patience or interest in dealing with red rings anymore.

#55 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

Got a ps2 slim ceramic white in box for $33. It turns on , but I can’t hear any sound like when u see the Sony entertainment pop up . I tried using the component cables from the last yard sale. Also tried with composite that came in the box. Also, the disc does not spin. Overall the console looks in excellent condition and hopefully someone here can help fixing the problem?

#56 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:45 AM

Got a ps2 slim ceramic white in box for $33. It turns on , but I can’t hear any sound like when u see the Sony entertainment pop up . I tried using the component cables from the last yard sale. Also tried with composite that came in the box. Also, the disc does not spin. Overall the console looks in excellent condition and hopefully someone here can help fixing the problem?

#57 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

Maybe the laser needs adjusted?

No finds the last few weeks. I did hit up a thrift store and got a Gold Finger for PS1 and a GC mem card for $15. Gold Finger lets you play imports

#58 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

For the disc spin thing, make sure the little tabs on the lid didnt break off. That happened on one of my Goodwill PS2s. Theres a tab that holds down the disc spin sensor.

#59 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Maybe the laser needs adjusted?

No finds the last few weeks. I did hit up a thrift store and got a Gold Finger for PS1 and a GC mem card for $15. Gold Finger lets you play imports

The laser would have nothing to do with why a disc wouldn't spin.

#60 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Finds 5-26-18

There was a sale the next city over starting at 7AM advertising "games and systems" and they had a photo with a SNES and a N64 console.  Since I spend most of my time at work or commuting these days, I value sleep more than garage sales.  I also didn't want to travel the next city over at the ass crack of dawn to fight with 8-10 other people for what is probably just over priced systems and a few crap games.  I slept in until 9:30.

After I finally crawl out of bed and hit the road, I didn't expect to find much.  Hell, I don't find anything when I get up early.  I was wrong.  Found these at 10:30.

IMG_1503.JPG

I was very surprised to see both the Digimon, and almost all the Crash games from PS1.  This was actually the first time I ran into PS1 or PS2 games in about a year.  Picked up Lego Rock Raiders just because I had never seen it before.

$2 each.