- - - - -

2018 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#61 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Everything that I have found over the past month, all but eight of the Xbox original games, and the GBA were found today

Blu-Rays:

Iron Man 1 sealed for .50

Walking Dead season 5 for $3

Lars and the Real Girl (DVD) for $1

GBA SP (001 model), with no charger, guy said he wasn't sure that it worked for $2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Coming out of their Shells cassette tape for .50

approximately 100 vintage Pokemon cards for my brother for $10

Then the games:

Xbox original:

Time Splitters 2

Project Gotham Racing

Blinx

Sonic Mega Collection +

Sonic Heroes

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

JSRF/Sega GT combo disc

Thrillville

Finding Nemo

all for $2 apiece

Star Wars: Republic Commando

The Incredibles

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

KotoR 1

Gun

LotR: Return of the King

for $1 apiece

XBox 360

Forza Horizon

Nat Geo: America the Wild

NHL13

For a quarter apiece

XBONE

Resident Evil 4 $1

PS1

Soul Blade $2

PS2

State of Emergency $2

Wii:

Wario Land Shake it

Transformers: Cybertron Adventures

for a buck apiece

Carnival Games

Wii Sports/Wii Sports resort

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Island Sports Party: Summer Sports 2

Barbie Horse Adventure

NHL 2k10

ABC Wipeout 2

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

All for .25 apiece

So a Meh. month was made up for by today.

#62 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Lots of sales this weekend but it turned out to be a crapfest.

IMG_1506.JPG

The Genesis games, Gameshark v2.1, Zero Divide, Blood Omen 2, Silent Hill 3 and FM were $1 each.  SNL CD was $2, Time Crisis was $3, Air Conflicts Double Pack was $2 and The Sopranos season 4 was $5.  The Hulk was an extra found in the Zero Divide case.

I thought this wasn't too bad although the Blood Omen and Silent Hill had been rained on, damaging the sleeves.  Then I also realized the games inside were not correct; Blood Omen 2 actually had Blade II, and the Silent Hill was actually only the soundtrack (apparently the case had been switched, only one disc holder or otherwise I would have noticed).  I was distracted and didn't check up closely on them.  Zero Divide is complete and minty.  The Genesis games were purchased for the cases.

IMG_1508.JPG

I was eyeballing these drones at the TRU clearance but someone bought them out at 40% ($60).  I ran into this one less than a week later for $20. 

#63 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Four Sims 3 add ons. Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons and Fast Lane. $1 each. (My sister got the main Sims 3 from them as I had already picked it up else where and she also got Pets and a few stuff packs).

Princess Bride on DVD for $1, still sealed.

Cut to fit air conditioner filter for $2, still sealed.

Two shower liners for $1 each, still in packaging.

Four shelf tracks for 50 cents each.

Two shelf brackets that fit in those tracks (at another yard sale). Not sure their exact cost as everything was bundled everything for $2. Got those, one of those discontinued in the 90's plastic Aladdin mugs (Campbell's Soup logo) and some other stuff my sister picked up.

EDIT:

Stopped at some more today.

Mad Catz Gamecube controller (wired) for $1, red Deadpool "Tacos?!" shirt for $1 and a Pink Floyd shirt for $1 (Pink Floyd shirt is for my nephew).

#64 zekana  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Went to some sales today. God the Wii games for $2 each and Sonic 2 for 1. Plus there was a rummage sale in town. Filled up a bag for $2. Got a portable DVD player and a portable tv I think. Not pictured but found a Roku there as well.

uuxGMjX.jpg

AoE45nE.jpg

#65 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10596 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:42 PM

Not much today a few Wii and 360 games, a sealed madcatz GC controller, ps2 mem card, a 360 controller, and a PowerA ps3 controller.

That was all $25

Yesterday though Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing 3DS, Links Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Zelda Tri Force, Paper Mario, Scribblenauts DC, GTA CE for PS1, and a cart only Golden Sun for GBA for $30

#66 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

I had an alright time yard saling this past Saturday, but for the amount of places I went to I was hoping for a little more. The GCN games plus Munchkin were $10, the Wii games were $4, Civ 2 was free, and Def Jam+Rambo+The Noid manual+the Sega stuff were $5. Turns out the little black box in the upper left is a battery pack for a Sega Nomad, so I now have a complete system. Huzzah! 

Huptg8A.jpg

Not pictured: a box full of wrestling DVDs for $5 that I picked up for a friend.

#67 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

My post isn't as much about what I bought today as it was about what I didn't buy. I went to a yard sale and the lady had a box of 360 games. A few were uncommon like Need for Speed: The Run. Most were common like Call of Duty and sports titles. The games were marked between $5 and $15 each. I went out with $28 in cash to spend, so I offered her the whole $28. She told me that each of the games was worth $40, so she was giving me a deal. I said no thanks and left. It amazes me how people think that their old games are worth the amounts that they originally paid and that they don't depreciate.

By the end of the day, I had purchased a few other items at other yard sales:

Addicted to Love DVD - 25 cents
The Last Kiss DVD - 25 cents
The Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD - $1
The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2 DVD - $1
Hot Wheels Star Wars Rebels Ghost ship (factory sealed) - 50 cents
Transformers Dinobots Grimlock Happy Meal toy (factory sealed) - $1

Then I went to GameStop and bought complete copies of Bodycount, Blood Bowl, Section 8, and Velvet Assassin for $2.69 each. So, it wasn't a total loss of a day.

#68 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

It amazes me how people think that their old games are worth the amounts that they originally paid and that they don't depreciate.

*nod* I ran into a stupid lady a few days ago who, after I asked how much she wanted for her Original Xbox, began flipping through her phone and said "It looks like they're selling for $100." and offered it to me for $80. I didn't have the patience to explain to her that the $100 price was probably for an Xbox One and that an old Xbox was worthless and sold for only about $30, including the shipping on eBay.

#69 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

*nod* I ran into a stupid lady a few days ago who, after I asked how much she wanted for her Original Xbox, began flipping through her phone and said "It looks like they're selling for $100." and offered it to me for $80. I didn't have the patience to explain to her that the $100 price was probably for an Xbox One and that an old Xbox was worthless and sold for only about $30, including the shipping on eBay.

I've never understood why people will even bother to put out their items during yard sales if they think they're worth so much money.  Like you said, the woman with the "$40 in value" Xbox 360 games shouldn't have bothered putting them on a table outside at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning if she thought they were worth so much.  GameStop or a pawn shop certainly wouldn't have given her what she had been asking.  I figure that it must be clutter if you're selling it at a yard sale...or you're hoping that there is a sucker who is willing to pay your "fair" prices.  I wanted to drive back by the house later on yesterday to see if she had sold any of the games, but I didn't want to waste the gas.  SMH.

#70 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

Ran into two people trying to sell Wiis with crap games for $100 yesterday.  A few weeks before that there was a lady trying to sell her son's 360 and 15 games (all Assassin's creed or COD) for $140.

Stuff from that generation should be going for no more than $2-$5 for games and $30 for systems at this point (less if it's Wii).

#71 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

Case and point...got a wii with 2 remotes, warriors or rock guitar controller and 15 games for $15.

#72 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

Ran into two people trying to sell Wiis with crap games for $100 yesterday. A few weeks before that there was a lady trying to sell her son's 360 and 15 games (all Assassin's creed or COD) for $140.
Stuff from that generation should be going for no more than $2-$5 for games and $30 for systems at this point (less if it's Wii).

Yeah, when I read others post, I’m wondering if these locations are slow/dead locations because I live in the dmv.

I want a Xbox 360 Star Wars or halo 4.

#73 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

I've been as active on here but I've had some good luck Arby's the local estate sales and auctions. Bought a crap ton of GI Joes and did well with them. The goal this year is pay off the credit card and add to my cartridge collection by end of year

#74 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:37 AM

I've been as active on here but I've had some good luck Arby's the local estate sales and auctions. Bought a crap ton of GI Joes and did well with them. The goal this year is pay off the credit card and add to my cartridge collection by end of year

arbys.jpg

#75 mchittumjr  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

All of the PS3/PS4 came with a 250GB PS3 Super Slim for $20. The controller that came with it has dog bites marks all over it surprised it still worked.

Xbox 360 Stuff was $10.

GBA Charger was $1.

20180620_181858.jpg

X1 Kinect $5

Everything else was $1 each. My first time owning Japanese PS1 games.

20180620_181312.jpg

The big score of the weekend. About 35 Nerf guns and bows with around 250 darts/discs. The lady told me $2 each or take the whole box for $20. I jumped all over that. 

Nerf.jpg

20180618_200257.jpg

20180618_195650.jpg

Another sale this lady had a Xbox 360 Arcade with 20 games and 5 controllers (4 didnt have the backs) for $150. So I picked up the controller with the back and 4 games (GTAV, BO2, etc) and asked how much for these. She said shes only selling everything together. Your at a yard sale you would think some money is better then none. 

#76 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Stopped by a yard sale that had some random Nintendo handheld games from GBC up to DS for 50 cents each. A good bit of the GBA were those video carts, though.

Picked up...

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition (GBC)

Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite (GBC)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (GBA) (Konami one)

Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (GBA) ...This one had almost all of the label torn off, besides a tiny bit on the bottom left corner where you could see the E rating. Bought it as a gamble.)

ATV: Quad Frency (DS)

Rugrats: All Grown Up (GBA Video)

Saw a few other random games for PS3 and Wii as well as a few PC games like Spore, Shivering Isles (but no main Oblivion disc) and a boxed copy of Dungeon Master II: The Legend of the Skullkeep from the early 90's.

#77 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

Really really wanted to go out today but I rolled my foot walking out of Walgreens the other day and this biatch is all fat today. I could only stand walking into my work to grab my tape to package up an Ebay box, walk down to the post office (theyre both in the mall), and back to my car! Grabbed some Taco Bell and now we're iced up!

#78 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

arbys.jpg

We HAVE the games!

#79 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

Some recent finds...

2010 iMac with mouse/keyboard. Broken hard drive was the only issue. $40.

AQ7brXo.jpg?1

Found an unexpected solution for storing some of my newer controllers. Got this 3-tier desk shelf for free at a yard sale.

MiVAvF4.jpg?1

$10 for this Smash Bros controller

Kcv0xH1.jpg?1

$20 for these DS games

yEgZRqQ.jpg?1

#80 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13918 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

A better solution would be to not have so many controllers. :razz:

+1 for the MF lego though; love mine as well. ;)

#81 genesis49  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Found a couple Nintendo handhelds labeled as ds's for $15 each. Ended up both being launch edition 3ds's one black and one aqua. She wanted and extra $20 for the chargers and a beat up carrying bag. Really wanted the chargers and still would habe been a great deal but i passed on principle... Plus i already have chargers.
Scratches on the cover but the screens look great, the cartridge slot works perfectly and now I'm downloading an update to the first one

#82 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Sunday was a pretty good day for flea markets! I was tempted into going to a semi-annual mega flea market by a craigslist post mentioning games, but that turned out to be mostly dealers. However, upon realizing the dealers were preoccupied I decided to check out the regular flea markets south of the city now that the competition was occupied. Between two markets down there I scored everything in the pic for $36.

zxl8Cwh.jpg

#83 mchittumjr  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

I decided to check out the regular flea markets south of the city

Hope your not talking about Brumwell flea market, I have enough competition down here as it is. 

#84 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

Nintendo 3DS & Games: $64. Took the games straight to Gamestop and got over $40 in credit lol.

PS3 Games: $20

zRExzbD.jpg

#85 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

Hope your not talking about Brumwell flea market, I have enough competition down here as it is. 

Nah, Essex Farm Market and Diamond Point. They're kind of sad and weird but not terribly picked over so I usually find something decent.

#86 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13918 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Ha wow, that Independence Day handheld brings back memories. . .

#87 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

Went to A sale today..... saw a box with 6 Wii games and 6 PS4 games....all kids stuff. I think they were only $2 apiece, shouldve offered $10 for the box just to say I finally got something at a sale this summer! I asked about "older games" and the older lady mentioned having "Atari games" that she sold years ago. Her daughter, probably high 40s/low 50s, said "I didnt know people still wanted those old cartridge games. You are the first to ask us!". I guess thats a good sign!

#88 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Hit a community yard sale yesterday.

First yard sale...

Midway Arcade Treasures

Taito Legends

Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1

All for the PS2. $1 each. (Have all of these for the XBox, but couldn't pass them up.)

The Dark Knight (Blu). $1 (Have it and Begins on DVD and Rises on Blu/DVD.)

GI Joe Countdown to Zartan (DVD). $1 again. (They had M.A.S.S. Device too, but I bought it at Ollie's.)

...after that it slowed down.

Weekend at Bernie's (.50). This is in one of those Kellogg's sleeves.

Family Guy Season 12. $2. Sealed and marked promo on it. Probably gonna gift it.

Saw some more gaming stuff, but nothing I was interested in. Wii games for $1 at one place. One guy had tons of PC games from the late 90's and early 2000's. Another place had XBox One games for decent prices, but my disc drive crapped out.

#89 Homerun17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Homerun17

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

I recently picked up
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 9
Wii Party
Mario Kart Wii

All complete, all for $5 a piece.

My favorite find of the year so far is the DC vs Marvel Trade Paperback for $10.0858451E-31AD-4D58-AAA2-F3B443227508.jpeg

#90 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

$35

IMG_20180717_194925.png