- - - - -

2018 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

#181 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

Decided to pop in a Goodwill while taking care of the some family business the other week and spotted a Pikachu New 2DS XL  behind the counter for $80. That's more than I usually spend at Goodwill, but it was new in the box from Target and I've been wanting a 2DS XL so I pulled the trigger. It works like a dream!

#182 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

First time going to GW this week. Didnt buy anything but I saw a copy of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Madden 99 (N64) for $6 apiece. There was a PS1 with cables but no controllers for $12. Wonder what else came in and didnt make it to the shelf or was sold....

Edit 12/23- Nintendo cartridges still in the case. They now have 2 system only PS1s sitting on the shelf by the other one with cables. 2 Wii balance boards. Not 1 PS1 game though which is odd.

#183 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:07 PM

8 DS games for $12.......nothing great except for Mario Party DS. But $1.50 apiece is hard to pass up.

YWaeXau.jpg

#184 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

Last week I found Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast complete. Today, I found these. It pays to check the CD section at thrift stores sometimes.

VoqqviF.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII was a Blockbuster rental copy with the annoying security sticks on the discs and no manual, but the others are complete.

#185 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

Last week I found Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast complete. Today, I found these. It pays to check the CD section at thrift stores sometimes.

VoqqviF.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII was a Blockbuster rental copy with the annoying security sticks on the discs and no manual, but the others are complete.

Nice, the best I've done with a dreamcast game is finding a Powerstone II case with a soulcaliber disc inside. I bought it anyways, figuring I could get the disc off ebay

#186 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

VoqqviF.jpg

How much were they?

#187 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:39 AM

I'm writing this on behalf of some young boy who was right in front of me at the checkout counter of a Goodwill with his parents, lifting up a small clear bag. Inside was a PSP and cords for $4 and change. Good score! He payed for it with his own money apparently too.

#188 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2213 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

My local store had a wii u (with all cords etc). I got excited when I turned it over and it had a price sticker of 349.99 on it. I started laughing and they asked me whats so funny.

I explained they go for 130 at Gamestop. The clerk called the back and the pricers responded by saying its going for "upward of 700 online".

immediately asked if they could tell me where so I could sell mine for the same amount. Then politely walked away.

The shit thrift stores do these days is ridiculous...