* * * * * 1 votes

Plantronics Rig 800LX SE for Xbox One And Windows - Dolby Atmos - $75 (50% off!) $74.99 @ Bestbuy.com

#1 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

This is one of the best gaming headset I've ever owned and I bought it for $150 just a few weeks ago, just got my price match refund before I posted this. It was worth it when I paid $150 and so much more now that I only paid $75 with my refund. The Dolby Atmos license comes as a prepaid voucher included that gives you access to your MS account (for Xbox One & Windows). All you have to do is download the Dolby Access app. Trust me, the sound quality is really good and the Atmos support is a game changer. It also works on movies, Netflix has Atmos compatible movies like Bright and Death Note. Also watching Dark (German Netflix show) with English dub in Atmos! Enjoy!

#2 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up! This is awfully tempting.

#3 frosty47   Banned Banned   854 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

frosty47

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

thanks for the HU, this is VERY VERY tempting

#4 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

What a great use for that $30 of holiday credits. Brings your $150 headphones down to nearly $50. 2/3rds off for what are supposed to be great quality headphones, plus an extra $15 for the Atmos code is an amazing deal.

1104203.png

#5 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1754 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

I can corroborate these are excellent headsets.

I was tired of using cheap chat headsets for multiplayer and had certificates to burn. I was looking for something wireless and high rated. After researching price point and features, I purchased a pair for full price in October and they have been great. I haven't even installed the Atmos software - I had misplaced the insert and only just recently found it.

Personally, I find it amusing that I purchased it on the first day of the holiday return window, and that window closed yesterday.

No regerts.

#6 thelwig14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

I just bought the Sennheiser Game One but haven’t opened them.

Anyone have an informed opinion with no bias on which one is better?

I’ll be running Atmos and prefer open but closed is fine.

#7 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

I was tired of using cheap chat headsets for multiplayer and had certificates to burn. I was looking for something wireless and high rated. After researching price point and features, I purchased a pair for full price in October and they have been great. I haven't even installed the Atmos software - I had misplaced the insert and only just recently found it.

Personally, I find it amusing that I purchased it on the first day of the holiday return window, and that window closed yesterday.

No regerts.

Hey buddy! My return window closed yesterday as well as I was just informed by the chat representative that's why I almost felt so bad while I was trying to get refund. I asked nicely if she could help me out and do a one-time exception. The agent asked the supervisor and I was granted the refund. Go chat with them! Be nice and be courteous. You might get it, like I did. Good luck!

#8 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Picked one up, thank you. Should be getting some reward certificates in a few days but I doubt this deal will last that long. 

#9 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   2791 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Picked one up after chasing them over two stores that supposedly had them. People are grabbing them up quickly!

#10 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Very tempted, though I don't do a lot of multiplayer gaming and I could probably just plug my nice Sennheiser headphones into my controller and pay for the Atmos license. Ugh. I'm torn.

#11 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Also available for PS4 CAG's as well.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5923413

#12 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

Also available for PS4 CAG's as well.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5923413

Geez! I was just wondering if I should get a USB switch so I don't have to plug / unplug on my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Now I'm thinking if I should just get a PS4 version instead of a USB switch...

#13 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Ordered one. Apparently just in time. Showing as no longer available for shipping.

#14 ck0  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Geez! I was just wondering if I should get a USB switch so I don't have to plug / unplug on my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Now I'm thinking if I should just get a PS4 version instead of a USB switch...

doesn't look like PS4 one has Atmos included, just FYI.  

you can buy separately for $15 if needed

#15 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted.  Still not bad at 50% off.  Think the Dolby Atmos functionality is what makes them an even sweeter deal for X1 players.

#16 ck0  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

also according plantronics from amazon q's:

Answer:
Hello Samer, our RIG 800HS is compatible with Sony's Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Slim and Playstation 4 Pro and won't work on Microsoft Xbox One consoles. Our RIG 800HX is the model that will work with the Xbox One and Xbox One S.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at www.plantronics.com/support if you have any other questions!

#17 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Well, that's the thing though, the PS4 doesn't have Dolby Atmos support on its own so I am already aware that the PS4 version (the HS) doesn't have the access code. I'm just really happy with how it sounds like on my Xbox One X even with games that are not Atmos compatible that I want to be able to use the same headset for PS4.

#18 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Got the last one at my local BB. Thanks again, OP.

#19 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Apparently, the Xbox version does work with the PS4, but it is limited. The headset buttons won't work and Atmos is obviously a no go. 

#20 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

No regerts.

Lol, I'd still call or visit the store. Can't hurt to try.

#21 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Yeah... I gave in and bought the HS version as well. Now I have full PS4 support. No more problem on trying to hook up my LX to the PS4 as well. Let this be a testament of how good I think these headsets are.

#22 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

can i use these to get audio from my media player viewing? i don't do online gaming much but i want something which i can wear while watching video content from usb/youtube etc, 

#23 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

OMG! I am happy I bought the HS before they raised the price back up to $150! Hahah! I hope everyone who wanted the headset got in on the deal before they changed the price / went out of stock.

#24 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

can i use these to get audio from my media player viewing? i don't do online gaming much but i want something which i can wear while watching video content from usb/youtube etc, 

It does! It also works on streaming videos and UHD discs.

#25 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   670 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

OMG! I am happy I bought the HS before they raised the price back up to $150! Hahah! I hope everyone who wanted the headset got in on the deal before they changed the price / went out of stock.

I was debating to get the 2nd one, damn. 

#26 MobileVortex  

MobileVortex

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

not available for shipping anymore :(

Not 1 within 100 miles of me either.

#27 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

I was debating to get the 2nd one, damn. 

At least you got an LX! :D With the Dolby Atmos access code, it's the better of the two anyway.

#28 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Deal is dead.
Posted Image

#29 Micadelic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

How does it work with the switch? I also have both consoles.

#30 FuzzRaven   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

How does it work with the switch? I also have both consoles.

A USB peripheral switch like https://www.amazon.c...ster_B00N9UR9D4. Two caveats:

1. The controls on the headset won't work and you'll need to set the volume etc on the PS4 menu itself.

2. The remote for that switch (or any other usb peripheral switches that I've seen - and I've searched far and wide) are not wireless.

So if those bother you as much as it does me but can still live with those caveats then have at it. I haven't tried it personally but I read somewhere that has an LX used a USB peripheral switch to use it for both Xbox One & PS4.