* * * - - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 1/21-1/27

#121 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

The steelbook shipments were delayed and should be in today at most stores. Mine got 14 yesterday and every one of them was for preorders.

I just picked my game up and they didn't see any more shipments coming in. I saw that they had two that were pre-ordered by other people, who I assume had ordered before me. I tried to get them to give me one of those based on the fact of first-come-first-serve, but alas. I hope I can get one though, just checked eBay and people are already selling just the steelbook for $25 and up.  

#122 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

no MH steelbook for me or any of my best friends who chose to order through me  :((

yep, another case of "I got shaq fu'd by Best Buy"

typical bait-and-switch from the laziest brick and mortar electronics retailer in the US

#123 NeoMonk  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

I just got my copy of MHW and no steelbook as well... knowing i have to now deal with customer service is the worst.

#124 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

People that didnt get steelbook, did you do instore pickup and did you get an email saying the steelbook was ready for pick up? I did, but worried that it won't be there.

#125 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

People that didnt get steelbook, did you do instore pickup and did you get an email saying the steelbook was ready for pick up? I did, but worried that it won't be there.

I did in-store pick up, but got an email saying they wouldn't have my steelbook. I called customer service who told me to wait a few days to see if the store got another shipment. They honestly didn't seem to confident in that answer though. 

I went to the store and picked my game up and they had two steelbooks pre-ordered for other customers, I assume they pre-ordered before me and they only received those two steelbooks (I went in the store a few hours after they opened). They are also selling on eBay from anywhere to $25 to $55 already.  :cry:

#126 definitelyNotGSmole   PooPooPeePeeDooDoo CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

definitelyNotGSmole

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Went an hour south off the city to only pick up a dented steel case for MH. Still havent picked the game up since I had my preorder originally in town but they didnt have the steelbook at the bb store I pre ordered at. Steel books are all gone... All gone... Oh well... Should have stuck with good ole gamestop. /sarcasm...

#127 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4518 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

Got an email that my MHW steelbook has shipped. As my Shadow of War bonus ring has been at "preparing shipment" since November, I will hold off on relaxing until tracking actually shows movement ^^;

#128 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

The steelbook shipments were delayed and should be in today at most stores. Mine got 14 yesterday and every one of them was for preorders.

I preordered mine but nada. Their ad doesn't say anything about "limited quantities" of "first come first served". I'm bent and have every fucking right to be. It's why I got the game now. BB's GCU is not enough of an incentive to continue shopping there, if I'm constantly getting fucked over on various things. Last year and a half (or more) has been brutal.

#129 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

Somehow got steelbooks with both my orders even though I only placed the orders last week!

#130 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

I called the customer service number yesterday, talked (and mostly waited) for 16 minutes with customer service, the best they could do to make up for not getting any of my four steelbook copies was $25 credit.  I told them ok but they really messed up because my friends moved their pre-orders from Amazon to Best Buy just for the steelbook, and since they didn't get that, they probably will stick with Amazon in the future.

This is why people hate Best Buy and order from Amazon.  The last game I preordered from Best Buy with a bonus, Everybody's Golf, didn't come with the digital pre-order bonus either, and three times I contacted them and three times they sent me the wrong code.

Still waiting on that $25 credit, Best Buy.

Somehow got steelbooks with both my orders even though I only placed the orders last week! 

Not surprised, since they clearly have no idea what is going on.

#131 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

did anyone get their preorder code for Monster Hunter World? i still didnt get it yet. i preordered and did an instore pickup.

#132 knothead65  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

did anyone get their preorder code for Monster Hunter World? i still didnt get it yet. i preordered and did an instore pickup.

I got an email that my code was delayed until Monday, but I just got it today after I picked up the game and steelbook.

#133 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

My B.B. did not receive enough Funko pops for DBZ. They will call me when they receive more.

#134 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

yes

#135 Rohman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Idk what email you use but in Gmail my codes always get put in the promotions tab. Got mine minutes after I picked up my copy.

#136 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6434 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

Idk what email you use but in Gmail my codes always get put in the promotions tab. Got mine minutes after I picked up my copy.

i use gmail. i always get preorder codes from them but not this time.

#137 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

Got an email that my MHW steelbook has shipped. As my Shadow of War bonus ring has been at "preparing shipment" since November, I will hold off on relaxing until tracking actually shows movement ^^;

I've found that best buy's order status will get stuck in limbo indefinitely. I wouldn't hold out hope of it ever coming.

#138 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4518 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

I've found that best buy's order status will get stuck in limbo indefinitely. I wouldn't hold out hope of it ever coming.

Agreed. I returned Shadow of War to BB since I got it cheaper elsewhere, so it's not like I would complain about the missing ring anyway.

I did get the MHW steelbook in the mail today. Looks nice.

#139 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

My MH steelbook has been stuck preparing shipment for awhile now. I wonder if I should just give up hope...