* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#571 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

Ended up taking a gamble with a Death Stranding CE marked as "Like New" for about $105. (They still have some with 20% off for some reason)

Box was a bit beat up, the original purchaser had literally just cut their labels off with a box cutter and slapped the return label on the outside of the CE box.

Contents were in great condition but, the asshole OP had taken the game and steelbook out! (Which is basically why I was buying the CE)

Promptly returned it, just wanted to warn anyone considering one of these.
I ordered a second cause I really enjoy the game. If the second is a bust too, I'll probably just give up.  :cry:

#572 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:24 AM

Ended up taking a gamble with a Death Stranding CE marked as "Like New" for about $105. (They still have some with 20% off for some reason)

Box was a bit beat up, the original purchaser had literally just cut their labels off with a box cutter and slapped the return label on the outside of the CE box.

Contents were in great condition but, the asshole OP had taken the game and steelbook out! (Which is basically why I was buying the CE)

I ordered a second cause I really enjoy the game. If the second is a bust too, I'll probably just give up. :cry:

I know your post was a warning against it, but I couldn’t resist, thanks for the heads up, I’ll post what I get when it arrives on Friday or Saturday.

#573 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:38 AM

I got my second “Like new” Death Stranding CE and it did have the game this time thankfully.

This time the returner just put all the pieces into the CE box without any of the cardboard guts to support it. The steelbook was loose in the box with the clunky plastic case.

The steelbook had a couple scuffs and a small dent. I want to assume that’s why it was returned but, it could be cause it was loose in the box.
The code worked, so maybe somebody dropped it at a fulfillment center?

I’m just going to chalk this one out to a clumsy porter and call it a day.

Good luck, DaShaka. I hope your’s come out okay.

#574 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:32 AM

I got my second “Like new” Death Stranding CE and it did have the game this time thankfully.

This time the returner just put all the pieces into the CE box without any of the cardboard guts to support it. The steelbook was loose in the box with the clunky plastic case.

The steelbook had a couple scuffs and a small dent. I want to assume that’s why it was returned but, it could be cause it was loose in the box.
The code worked, so maybe somebody dropped it at a fulfillment center?

I’m just going to chalk this one out to a clumsy porter and call it a day.

Good luck, DaShaka. I hope your’s come out okay.

Thanks for the info! If mine shows up even in that condition, and complete, I’ll be happy enough. I’ll post back on Saturday.

#575 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

Ordered Tales of Zestiria(PS4) in good condition for $8.15, Knack(PS4) for $4.52 & Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2(PS3) for $4.19 both in acceptable conditions earlier this week.  

What was weird though was that I ordered PAL versions of Tales of Zestiria and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 as those were $10 cheaper than the US versions at the time.   But I strangely ended up getting US versions sent to me instead.  Weird that AWD would get the regions screwed up like this, when it's usually the other way around(order US and get PAL).

They still have an acceptable condition of Tales of Zestiria for $7.78 under that listing, if anyone is curious:

https://www.amazon.c...&condition=used

and this was the listing DWG2 was under:

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-5

#576 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10056 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

Same thing happened to me with Uncharted 3 for PS3 last week, I ordered the PAL version and was hoping it would be the US version and I did get the US version.

#577 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

I ordered a G condition red new 3ds xl that "Includes manual, cover art, and packaging." for $78.xx and it came in a random 3ds carry case instead of the box.

super happy with the price and the fact that it was the item it said it was, but man have they gotten sloppy on their descriptions lol.

#578 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:26 AM

$22.17 (A) Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition Deluxe

I ordered one of these a few days ago under $20 when it was a part of the extra 20% promo.  Arrived missing slipcover and the disc was loose but the steelbook was sealed.  

Sadly looks like the 20% is dead across the board.

#579 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:42 AM

has Amazon clamped down on their crediting back?

I ordered a LN Death Stranding ps4 pro bundle, and was super happy with the results (everything is there and most things are sealed in the original box) but the game was missing, so I thought I would see if they would credit me back a small amount.

They wouldnt do it. I mean its been a long time since Ive had to ask for credit for missing stuff, but they used to just shower you with credit for anything. This time the only option they gave me was to return it.

#580 Noblesse Oblige   For Answer CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Noblesse Oblige

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:36 AM

Ordered Tales of Zestiria(PS4) in good condition for $8.15, Knack(PS4) for $4.52 & Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2(PS3) for $4.19 both in acceptable conditions earlier this week.  

What was weird though was that I ordered PAL versions of Tales of Zestiria and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 as those were $10 cheaper than the US versions at the time.   But I strangely ended up getting US versions sent to me instead.  Weird that AWD would get the regions screwed up like this, when it's usually the other way around(order US and get PAL).

They still have an acceptable condition of Tales of Zestiria for $7.78 under that listing, if anyone is curious:

https://www.amazon.c...&condition=used

and this was the listing DWG2 was under:

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-5

I picked up the Tales of Zestiria, thanks for the heads up I look forward to checking it out

#581 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:27 AM

So I managed to grab an (A) HAC-001(-01) switch for $190 + tax after the 20% promo.  Arrived today missing the retail box.  But all the pieces of a retail kit were present.

Was getting ready to transfer data from my launch switch when something started bugging me.  Apparently the screen of the "new" switch has a significant brownish tint to the display.  Below is a picture of my launch switch (top) compared to the "new" switch (bottom) both running equivalent brightness settings.  Has anyone seen this before?

nsw comp.jpg

#582 Jurai  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

So I managed to grab an (A) HAC-001(-01) switch for $190 + tax after the 20% promo.  Arrived today missing the retail box.  But all the pieces of a retail kit were present.

Was getting ready to transfer data from my launch switch when something started bugging me.  Apparently the screen of the "new" switch has a significant brownish tint to the display.  Below is a picture of my launch switch (top) compared to the "new" switch (bottom) both running equivalent brightness settings.  Has anyone seen this before?

attachicon.gifnsw comp.jpg

I know they switched panel providers in the new model switch fwiw

#583 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4854 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:59 AM

I've heard the newer model switch has a warmer display in addition to the increased battery life.

#584 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6566 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:09 AM

I hope you two end up liking zestiria.  I did not enjoy my time with it at all.  Whoever designed the water spirit temple should be arrested. 

For under 10 bucks that isn't terrible.  At the very least if you enjoy up to the end of part 1 you'll have gotten your moneys worth.  Did you both purchase the alicia dlc expansion and the god eater stuff when it was free?

#585 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6566 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:11 AM

I've heard the newer model switch has a warmer display in addition to the increased battery life.

That's weird as I heard the opposite.  I can't imagine the newer switch getting any hotter than the originals. 

#586 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

That's weird as I heard the opposite.  I can't imagine the newer switch getting any hotter than the originals. 

The new switch does have a better screen. It isn't warmer temperature wise, but it is sharper and more vibrant. I can't imagine the new switches are warmer as the chip and screen are cooler.... but i don't know if there are any other factors or if the other CAG was mistaken.

#587 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the responses.  Apparently other people have had this problem. 
https://en-americas-...-appears-tinted

I guess it can be chalked up to manufacturing variance. But to me, the brownish blacks and yellowish whites really bother me and are hands-down a worse experience.  I'm going to see if fades over a month or so.. otherwise might have to return it.  Have a switch lite arriving today ( [G] $140) so hopefully that screen is better.

#588 Mclarry   Wish Kid CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

I ordered a second cause I really enjoy the game. If the second is a bust too, I'll probably just give up.  :cry:

Mine CE-Like New  arrived new, even the round stickers were there but they put 2 tapes to hold the box together. Steel book, game, codes, tape, BB and figure all in place. for $107 after taxes was a good choice.

#589 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

I hope you two end up liking zestiria.  I did not enjoy my time with it at all.  Whoever designed the water spirit temple should be arrested. 

For under 10 bucks that isn't terrible.  At the very least if you enjoy up to the end of part 1 you'll have gotten your moneys worth.  Did you both purchase the alicia dlc expansion and the god eater stuff when it was free?

This was an upgrade for me, as I already have the PS3 version(didn't have a PS4 at the time).  Same with that Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2(have the PS2 version).  But wanted to play it again and saw a cheap PS4 copy.   Definitely runs with a better framerate compared to that version.

Not sure I'll get the expansion dlc, as it's not free anymore.  Which judging what people are saying about the length of it, isn't really worth the $10.

#590 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:14 AM

Have a switch lite arriving today ( [G] $140) so hopefully that screen is better.

Well my turqoise lite console (dinger, new inside) is somewhere between the two screens.  Actually probably a little closer to the "warm" tinted new HAC-001(-01).  This is just how N is manufacturing them now I guess.  Hope the effect softens over time with use.

#591 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4854 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

Agreed. Really hoping the Animal Crossing Switch I have preordered does not have an egregious yellow tint.

#592 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:54 AM

The couple N64 games I got from the warehouse were in good shape

#593 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:17 AM

The couple N64 games I got from the warehouse were in good shape

I’m guessing no AWD retro games ever come with the boxes?  Would be awesome to score some random mint / complete game.   I’ve scoured ebay the last couple of months but the prices are a bit much. 

#594 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:17 AM

I’m guessing no AWD retro games ever come with the boxes? Would be awesome to score some random mint / complete game. I’ve scoured ebay the last couple of months but the prices are a bit much.

They used to years ago. About 6 years ago or so almost any retro item that was G and had the description “includes Box art and manual” actually came complete. This was back when amazons trade ins let you choose what grade your items were.

I got a decent amount of n64, snes, game boy games complete in box this way.

Nowadays almost nothing is what the description says.

#595 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

I got a copy of mario party 3 with it's box that was many years ago though.

#596 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

I finally got my Death Stranding CE, and obviously amazon decided the best way to ship it was to slap a tag on the CE box and ship it out, after lazily taping it closed. The CE showed up on my door and the box was completely open on the top, literally wide open.  How nothing fell out is beyond me. 

Wasn’t a good sign.... I opened it up, everything was there, including the little bb, in mint condition. The ‘caution’ like tape was sealed, miniature was sealed, game/ steelbook in good shape (aside from one small scratch), and codes were unused. A complete 360 from how I thought that would go. Aside from the box which I’ll throw away, it was like purchasing it brand new.

For $105 I’m super stoked. Thanks FailGecko for the heads up!

#597 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

For those of you with the Death Stranding CE make sure to take out your BB and that it's sturdy should not be loose or any type of rattling. I had to return 2 that were in like new condition due to the BB Pod. Apparently the BB Pod is pretty fragile.

#598 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7102 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

Not AWD but 3rd party seller with a great rank selling New Super Luigi U for $50.99 (N). These go for $70+ new since it is OOP.

https://www.amazon.c...meEligible=true

#599 Tax   The Project CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

How long does it typically take to get refunds for Warehouse returns? Returned a "Like New" monitor that was far too smudged up that was received by them back on January 26. It's been sitting at "processing your refund" for several days now.

#600 Alexpguy  

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:40 PM

How long does it typically take to get refunds for Warehouse returns? Returned a "Like New" monitor that was far too smudged up that was received by them back on January 26. It's been sitting at "processing your refund" for several days now.

I don't do it often, but I usually get the refund a day or two after they receive it, but maybe they're catching up on holiday returns right now.