* * * * - 1 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#691 lost18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:37 PM

If your buying Laptops go to Pawn Shops the deals you can get are sometimes great. They don't really know machines that well sometimes and you can get a good graphics card for cheap. I got a Acer Laptop 1650 I5 for $500 which came with a warranty (extended return policy) from the store. This was a while back so it was a really good deal. Another great deal was a Desktop $300 1660 GTX HP I5 or I7. Gave it to a friend. It was a killer deal at the time I could of sold the graphics card for $300.

Are you taking applications for new friends?  I could use an upgrade.

#692 Feedback123  

Feedback123

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Are you taking applications for new friends?  I could use an upgrade.

If you put in the work and the people in your area aren't the best at spotting decent specs you can get some good deals. BestBuy's Geek Squad and Micro Center's Open Box sometimes put some cheap Desktops for sale as well just bookmark the page and check it every morning. Be willing to drive out quite a distance for a good deal. If you ever buy anything from Micro Center have a friend buy it and return then rebuy it for a 10%-25% discount. Check Slickdeals every day to. Never know when a obscure website will have a killer deal to. Understand that if the Processor and Graphics Card alone sells for more or at least .75 of their value combined value you can easily get parts for a trade as well as some cash. I've made $400+ this month. I just turn on the computer, check some websites, say to myself I will call work that I will be late, get a good deal, resell the parts and make money.

The great thing about pawnshops is the more you build rapport with them the more they are willing to negotiate with you. Use cash as well, it might hurt your credit card rewards but many of them don't file certain cash sales so it is a win for them.

https://www.bestbuy....price skuidsaas

https://www.microcen...36&myStore=true

https://www.microcen...sortby=pricelow

#693 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7896 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

If your buying Laptops go to Pawn Shops the deals you can get are sometimes great. They don't really know machines that well sometimes and you can get a good graphics card for cheap. I got a Acer Laptop 1650 I5 for $500 which came with a warranty (extended return policy) from the store. This was a while back so it was a really good deal. Another great deal was a Desktop $300 1660 GTX HP I5 or I7. Gave it to a friend. It was a killer deal at the time I could of sold the graphics card for $300.

I had considered checking out pawn shops, but I've had a pretty good experience with Amazon Warehouse when it comes to computers.  I bought an Alienware Alpha i3 on Warehouse a few years ago.  And there was only one acceptable Asus Vivobook for the price, so I pulled the trigger.   

#694 Feedback123  

Feedback123

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

I had considered checking out pawn shops, but I've had a pretty good experience with Amazon Warehouse when it comes to computers.  I bought an Alienware Alpha i3 on Warehouse a few years ago.  And there was only one acceptable Asus Vivobook for the price, so I pulled the trigger.   

If you really want a killer deal buy a Walmart Black Friday Laptop check brickseek and try a return rebuy if any of your local Walmarts clearance it out which they usually do. Easy way to get a $225-$275 laptop with a I5 and decent graphics card. Easy upgrade to 16GB ram. It seems to have worked for the last 4 years. HP Pavilion Green One. There are literally dozens of great websites and avenues to get a good laptop or desktop for cheap. Keep in mind I do not live in your area and unsure if your local Walmart will clearance them out like mine would.

#695 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7896 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

If you really want a killer deal buy a Walmart Black Friday Laptop check brickseek and try a return rebuy if any of your local Walmarts clearance it out which they usually do. Easy way to get a $225-$275 laptop with a I5 and decent graphics card. Easy upgrade to 16GB ram. It seems to have worked for the last 4 years. HP Pavilion Green One. There are literally dozens of great websites and avenues to get a good laptop or desktop for cheap.

Well, I hope my Amazon Warehouse purchase will work and last for a while before I have to buy another one!  LOL!

#696 Feedback123  

Feedback123

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:59 PM

$190-212 for Switch Lites was $160 Retail pricing

$300 for Switch regs was $250 Retail pricing

PS4 Pros $330 was $260

PS4 Phats $200 was $150

PS4 Slims $300-250 was $220-170 Retail pricing

Xbox Ones aren't any better to everything is up $50-100 Retail pricing or a $50 discount

Everything has exploded in price.

#697 ritchardf  

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

$190-212 for Switch Lites was $160 Retail pricing

$300 for Switch regs was $250 Retail pricing

PS4 Pros $330 was $260

PS4 Phats $200 was $150

PS4 Slims $300-250 was $220-170 Retail pricing

Xbox Ones aren't any better to everything is up $50-100 Retail pricing or a $50 discount

Everything has exploded in price.

there was a gray switch lite for $159 this morning

#698 Feedback123  

Feedback123

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

there was a gray switch lite for $159 this morning

The yellow and coral pink were $190-212 good to know some of the items are still a good price and not close to retail retail pricing. Wonder where they get their price points from then.

#699 ritchardf  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

PS4 Slim Days of Play Console $271 Good condition, says it has damaged packaging. not sure where they found it though, or if it is really that great of a price. 2019 version, steel black.

#700 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:47 AM

I posted in the turbografx thread but I’ll mention it here, the turbo grafx mini for 114$, it’s currently in stock

#701 SlickDeals10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

SlickDeals10

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

There was a TG16 mini for $116, with varying notes about condition/completeness. I passed.

#702 SlickDeals10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

SlickDeals10

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

It's back up, in better condition, at ~$129 with shipping.

#703 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:49 PM

Pretty sure now that if any game has that "Renewed" mention in the title with AWD, you're going to get a disc only game.  Despite the fact that it has "new" listed as the condition.  As this is the 3rd & 4th game I've ordered from AWD under that "renewed" title and only 1 of the 4 games came with a case & manual.   So maybe the renewed games that show up in this section are discovered to be missing something?

But couldn't turn down getting Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7(Wii) for $1.17 and Star Wars Episode III: RotS(Xbox) for $3.12.

#704 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

Pretty sure now that if any game has that "Renewed" mention in the title with AWD, you're going to get a disc only game.  Despite the fact that it has "new" listed as the condition.  As this is the 3rd & 4th game I've ordered from AWD under that "renewed" title and only 1 of the 4 games came with a case & manual.   So maybe the renewed games that show up in this section are discovered to be missing something?

But couldn't turn down getting Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7(Wii) for $1.17 and Star Wars Episode III: RotS(Xbox) for $3.12.

Yeah, the Renewed deals are too good to pass up. I've picked up several of them in the last month or so and I'd say it is something like 4 out of every 5 come disk only but I have gotten a couple of complete games so far.

#705 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5425 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

https://www.amazon.c...3116018&sr=1-22

switch lite 179.xx A possible dinger.

#706 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7896 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:02 PM

I'm a big fan of Chinese emulation handhelds, and I enjoy hacking them with custom firmware even more than playing games on them.

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now.  The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

https://www.amazon.c...se-deals&sr=8-7

I ordered one yesterday for $58.79 shipped after applying a $5 gift card that was already on my account. 

This is not the most recent hardware version, but for less than $70, it's a damn good deal since new RG350 models typically range from $110 to $150 in price.

#707 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3180 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:00 PM

I'm a big fan of Chinese emulation handhelds, and I enjoy hacking them with custom firmware even more than playing games on them.

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now. The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

I ordered one yesterday for $58.79 shipped after applying a $5 gift card that was already on my account.

This is not the most recent hardware version, but for less than $70, it's a damn good deal since new RG350 models typically range from $110 to $150 in price.

Sweet, I am debating because I just picked up a new 2ds to hack

#708 jrc84  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now. The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

I did not even know this was a thing and now I am very intrigued. Do you have any experience with a PS1 setup on something like this? Is there one with a good quality PS layout to run PS1 stuff? Point me to the rabbit hole if you will, what do you even Google for information on this sort of thing?

#709 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3180 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

What cu

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now.  The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

What custom firmware do you put on it?

#710 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3180 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

Also do you think these are dingers or used?

#711 ritchardf  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:16 PM

going by the reviews, i would bet they are returns

#712 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7896 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

I did not even know this was a thing and now I am very intrigued. Do you have any experience with a PS1 setup on something like this? Is there one with a good quality PS layout to run PS1 stuff? Point me to the rabbit hole if you will, what do you even Google for information on this sort of thing?

What cu

What custom firmware do you put on it?

As a longtime CAG member, I know that CheapyD frowns upon discussions about emulation, and I don't want to get banned for going down that rabbit hole. 

And since it's a pet peeve of mine when people send me PMs about such topics, I will simply suggest that you visit the RG350 system sub-Reddit or the Wagner's Tech Talk RG350 fan website below that is run by one of the world's foremost RG350 enthusiasts.  More than likely, any questions that you have will be answered by visiting his site.

http://wagnerstechtalk.com/rg350tips/

And I wouldn't pay attention to the product reviews.  If someone complains because they see Chinese language on the box or in the instruction manual, they probably shouldn't have wasted their money buying one or their time ordering one. 

But I will say that I have purchased other Chinese handhelds from Amazon Warehouse that were already tricked out with everything on them that I needed, custom firmware and all.  Others were dingers brand new from the factory except that they were opened, and they became do-it-yourself projects.  But I enjoy doing that sort of thing anyway.  It's half of the fun.  :whee:   

#713 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3792 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:13 AM

If you put in the work and the people in your area aren't the best at spotting decent specs you can get some good deals. BestBuy's Geek Squad and Micro Center's Open Box sometimes put some cheap Desktops for sale as well just bookmark the page and check it every morning. Be willing to drive out quite a distance for a good deal. If you ever buy anything from Micro Center have a friend buy it and return then rebuy it for a 10%-25% discount. Check Slickdeals every day to. Never know when a obscure website will have a killer deal to. Understand that if the Processor and Graphics Card alone sells for more or at least .75 of their value combined value you can easily get parts for a trade as well as some cash. I've made $400+ this month. I just turn on the computer, check some websites, say to myself I will call work that I will be late, get a good deal, resell the parts and make money.

The great thing about pawnshops is the more you build rapport with them the more they are willing to negotiate with you. Use cash as well, it might hurt your credit card rewards but many of them don't file certain cash sales so it is a win for them.

https://www.bestbuy....price skuidsaas

https://www.microcen...36&myStore=true

https://www.microcen...sortby=pricelow

Got any tips for finding an AVR receiver?

#714 Miker525  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:27 AM

Question: looking at ordering a game and there are two (A) descriptions. Just curious what the consensus is for which is probably in better shape:

A) Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large cosmetic damage on item case. Large cosmetic damage on insert. Large cosmetic damage on cover art.

B) Large mark on disk. Moderate cosmetic damage on item case.

Thanks!

#715 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10004 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

The first one sounds like it might be a dinger. The mark on disk for the second listing sounds questionable about the condition.

I ordered a game a few months ago in Acceptable condition with the description:
Large cosmetic damage on item case. Moderate cosmetic damage on cover art. Item may come repackaged.

It ended up being factory sealed with a small piece of the case missing.

#716 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

The first one sounds like it might be a dinger. 

I actually think B is the closest thing to a dinger description that they give these days.  In my experience, "may come repackaged" indicates you're likely getting a return.  

In almost all cases I've ordered, "___ mark on disk" is used as a general description to refer to a cosmetic ding on the product itself.  Rarely if ever has it been talking about the surface of the actual game media.  You'll often see it on something like a controller, where no disk is even present.

Of course, it's also possible to receive something that completely different from the description given.  As always with AWD, results will vary case by case.

#717 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:55 PM

Thx for the heads up on these. I had been eyeing a RG350M as my first dip into the RG350 but this price was too tempting to pass up. Device arrived fine, after a charge it is running fine. Will look at expanding the catalog as time permits. Comes with enough to keep me occupied for awhile though lol.

#718 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3180 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Thx for the heads up on these. I had been eyeing a RG350M as my first dip into the RG350 but this price was too tempting to pass up. Device arrived fine, after a charge it is running fine. Will look at expanding the catalog as time permits. Comes with enough to keep me occupied for awhile though lol.

What's the condition?

#719 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3180 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

If I'm submitting a console like a PS4 to Amazon what do I need to include? Do I need to include the headphone set

#720 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:56 PM

What's the condition?

It looked new, no protective film on screen if they come that way (?). It wasn't sealed, but I don't know if they come that way. Honestly it looked like some one opened it, took it out and then tossed it back in. Not in the right order though as the shaped foam pad was under the unit. But there are no visible flaws. The 32gb card was included and preloaded and the power cable was still bundled under the unit.