* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#961 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:11 PM

Gah, you're right about that.  Does seem early since it was tied to prime day.  There's also been a couple past 20% promos that were reactivated for a short period, so it may return.

#962 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:25 PM

Hopefully, I wanna jump on some warehouse finds.

#963 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:18 PM

My "very good" warehouse Mario Kart deluxe wheel came in, and scratches & scuffs are all over it. I question their grading process sometimes

#964 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:09 AM

Bought two 980 Pro 2TB ssd's this week.  One Acceptable ($212), one Good ($218).  Found it strange that a newer, in-demand item got the 25% markdown, but not complaining.  Hoping for the best since they will make one glorious 4tb raid0 array.

#965 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:46 AM

Between missing out on the LE restock on Iffy and Gamestop still hasn't fulfilled my $30 copy, I ended up getting a Very Good copy of Death End Re;Quest 2 for $34.49 after discount.

Everything in good shape except for a light crease on a small part of cover art.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#966 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:25 AM

Getting Returnal for for $35, GodFall Ultimate edition for $22, and Sakuna Special edition (PS4) for $36 was pretty awesome, all codes worked too.   I hope it, comes back because I really want to get a few more things that I was hesitant about.

Also wish I saw death end re;quest 2.

#967 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:03 PM

I always refrained form buying used/returned hard drives as my precious oclus pron needs to be safe... Maybe someday once they replace all the workers with robots they will add pictures of the individual lot so you can see exact condition  :oldman:

I've mostly ordered amiibos from warehouse, so typically they include the (opened) original packaging which seems kind of unnecessary. 

#968 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:14 PM

I always refrained form buying used/returned hard drives 

This was especially true during the period of magnetic drives.  But with a ssd, as soon as I get an AWD shipment I can put the drive into a test bench system and run CrystalDiskInfo.  I'll know right away how many times the drive has been powered on, total hours of use, and any way the drive might be less than 100% healthy.

#969 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:35 PM

This was especially true during the period of magnetic drives. But with a ssd, as soon as I get an AWD shipment I can put the drive into a test bench system and run CrystalDiskInfo. I'll know right away how many times the drive has been powered on, total hours of use, and any way the drive might be less than 100% healthy.

Wow that's super cool. Does that work with a PC internal SSD/HDD as well?

#970 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:37 PM

Wow that's super cool. Does that work with a PC internal SSD/HDD as well?

Yes, applies to internal or external. Free to download / use.  Just avoid the fishy ad boxes on the site.
CrystalDiskInfo (to pull drive info)
CrystalDiskMark (for testing speeds)

#971 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:40 PM

Yes, applies to internal or external.
CrystalDiskInfo (to pull drive info)
CrystalDiskMark (for testing speeds)

Awesome! A computer I got from the 25% off is coming this weekend so I will use that to test. I appreciate it

#972 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

Awesome! A computer I got from the 25% off is coming this weekend so I will use that to test. I appreciate it

cpu-z would be another free utility to grab.  pulls cpu / motherboard / ram info.  Also has a tab that lets you stress / load all cpu threads.
If I bought a prebuilt off awd I would be pretty wary that someone previously swapped out an component then returned.

#973 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:46 PM

cpu-z would be another free utility to grab. pulls cpu / motherboard / ram info. Also has a tab that lets you stress / load all cpu threads.
If I bought a prebuilt off awd I would be pretty wary that someone previously swapped out an component then returned.

That's definitely my fear. I actually grabbed two fully expecting to need to return one of them. The deal was too good to pass up and have needed a new work computer for awhile now. Hopefully it's not a total disaster. One of the descriptions sounded like a dinger, but I feel like the descriptions have been way off lately.

#974 ritchardf  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 11:21 PM

saw some series S consoles pop up for under MSRP, first time i have seen that. $245 for acceptable, $270 for G, $282 for VG

#975 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   11001 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2021 - 03:51 AM

This was especially true during the period of magnetic drives.  But with a ssd, as soon as I get an AWD shipment I can put the drive into a test bench system and run CrystalDiskInfo.  I'll know right away how many times the drive has been powered on, total hours of use, and any way the drive might be less than 100% healthy.

Good advice!

#976 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2021 - 10:42 PM

Received my prime day warehouse order for the gold edition of Watchdogs Legion, steelbook has two large, very noticeable dents in the front, other than that the code is valid and disc looks okay.  Contemplating whether I should keep though since it's pretty banged up.

Also got a 8bitdo pro+ controller with some slight marks here and there, plus I'm almost sure it's been used a good bit too.  

#977 heatdolphins45   Wade County CAG CAGiversary!   4397 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

heatdolphins45

Posted 29 June 2021 - 07:52 PM

At least you got a steelbook. My order came today, standard edition, no steelbook or anything. Oh well, at least the return process is easy. 

Received my prime day warehouse order for the gold edition of Watchdogs Legion, steelbook has two large, very noticeable dents in the front, other than that the code is valid and disc looks okay.  Contemplating whether I should keep though since it's pretty banged up.

Also got a 8bitdo pro+ controller with some slight marks here and there, plus I'm almost sure it's been used a good bit too.  

#978 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:58 PM

Do PS Vita’s ever show up anymore? I’ve checked around the used market and most are either $250, or in pretty terrible shape. I wonder if GameStop ever gets them either…

#979 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2021 - 07:54 AM

Do PS Vita’s ever show up anymore? I’ve checked around the used market and most are either $250, or in pretty terrible shape. I wonder if GameStop ever gets them either…

I haven't seen a vita pop up since deal seeker was around.

#980 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:18 AM

I haven't seen a vita pop up since deal seeker was around.

Wow it’s been a while then. I guess I’ll just have to spend a decent bit for one in good condition on eBay.

#981 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:51 PM

Wow it’s been a while then. I guess I’ll just have to spend a decent bit for one in good condition on eBay.

I would ask in the vita thread the best route to take.  But from what I remember it's to import a new one from amazon jpn sellers last I recall it being brought up.  I regret not getting a second vita before the prices skyrocketed for a backup.  But at least I have my vita tv for worst case scenario.

Mercari and ebay wise if you do decide to go those routes then wait for a promo coupon would be my suggestion.

#982 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:05 PM

I would ask in the vita thread the best route to take. But from what I remember it's to import a new one from amazon jpn sellers last I recall it being brought up. I regret not getting a second vita before the prices skyrocketed for a backup. But at least I have my vita tv for worst case scenario.

Mercari and ebay wise if you do decide to go those routes then wait for a promo coupon would be my suggestion.

That’s a good point, those seem a LOT cheaper and in way better condition, and if hacking there’s no difference as far as I can see, thanks!

#983 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:20 PM

You can get a vita brand new from some of the jpn sellers but will pretty much pay MSRP if not more.

#984 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:03 PM

Ended up buying and returning a US Vita 1001 for $165 that showed up cracked, and I kept hitting O instead of X because I guess on handhelds I’m used to the Switch now for menus. So I ended ordering a Japanese Vita 1000 and a 2000 off eBay for $120 each that are mint, the photos make them look brand new. In case anyone else was considering one, definitely check there, they’re WAY cheaper and cleaner.

#985 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:10 PM

The button layout would be the same as the switch unless it was jpn or altered.

#986 crewj   whoo! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:54 PM

bunch of serverserve contollers up on awd 

$61.99 and up

Amazon.com: Xbox Wireless Controller – Space Jam: A New Legacy Serververse Exclusive: Video Games

#987 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:06 PM

20% promo active as of this morning.  Not a lot of gaming items this time around.
https://smile.amazon...3&ref=sr_nr_i_9

#988 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 31 July 2021 - 03:03 PM

The serververese controllers are still in stock but no 20% discount.

https://www.amazon.c...se-deals&sr=8-1

$90 controller for $41+ 20% off. I bought one last week and it's fantastic!

#989 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 03:13 PM

$90 controller for $41+ 20% off. I bought one last week and it's fantastic!

Thanks for sharing this.  I'm just hesitant because Razer products break so easily/frequently.  Was the one you bought from awd?

#990 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, it was from AWD and it was $5 higher.

I didn't know Razer products break easily.....I ordered a Razer Ultimate that just arrived. I shoulda did a little more research but hopefully I'll be ok.