* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XVIII

#1351 Leowned   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:33 PM

https://www.amazon.c...edir?aod=1&th=1

couple "good" 1TB available for ~138 as of this post and an "acceptable" 2TB for ~294

#1352 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5707 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 11 June 2022 - 07:02 AM

https://www.amazon.c...edir?aod=1&th=1

couple "good" 1TB available for ~138 as of this post and an "acceptable" 2TB for ~294

Yikes, here I thought the Vita proprietor memory cards were bad.  This and Sony's PS5 internal memory expansion has me glad that I can't find a current generation console.

#1353 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 11 June 2022 - 01:27 PM

Speaking of PS5 are any of them popping up recently on awd? And for how much

#1354 Captain Wrong   Dirty Commie CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 11 June 2022 - 01:51 PM

Yikes, here I thought the Vita proprietor memory cards were bad.  This and Sony's PS5 internal memory expansion has me glad that I can't find a current generation console.

I have a Series X and unless I was a digital hoarder, I can't see a reason for one of these. A regular HDD will work fine for most games and I have plenty of room on the internal SSD for the games that require the faster storage.

#1355 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2022 - 04:06 PM

I'm trying to install my cheap copy of Tales to Arise ($13) on my cheap awd seriex s ($257).  Installation always stops between 68-72%.  Changing to the 2nd data disc just prompts me to inset disc 1, where it will just again sit at "installation stopped."  I even tried deleting it and starting fresh - same problem.  It's not a network connectivity problem and there's plenty of storage space.  Is the delivery just smarter than I am?

Edit:  Yes, it was.  Apparently I needed 200gb of free space for it to auto-install the 40gb game.  It started progressing again after I moved some things to external.

#1356 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2022 - 05:44 PM

yes discs occasionally and $340–$480

#1357 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7420 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 June 2022 - 03:12 AM

I feel like a few pages back people mentioned them. Search says back in may around the 14th but I couldn't find a price off hand. 

#1358 ritchardf  

Posted 12 June 2022 - 03:41 AM

acceptable Animal Crossing Switch up for $193

#1359 mikespit1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:06 PM

Stupid question: I bought some items on b2g1 sale, but the items constantly change. There are now items id rather have than my original order which is set to arrive today. If I return a single item bought on a B2G1 do I get refunded the sale price calculated with discount? Something else? It's not possible to ask amazon to swap out an item on the order after shipment right? 

#1360 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 17 June 2022 - 01:53 AM

Get excited: Prime Day 2022 is July 12-13

#1361 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:07 AM

Off topic: Did anyone manage to get the Toshiba 55' 4K TV for $100 with Amazon glitch deal the few days ago?

https://slickdeals.n...utm_medium=RSS2

#1362 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 18 June 2022 - 02:05 AM

No, and I feel like you are rubbing it in  :(

#1363 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:29 AM

I have a few minor questions, hopefully someone can answer them for me here. But I recently purchased a recently released headset under AWD. It was $100 off. So $250 instead of $350. It arrived and like usual, It looked good on the outside. Box was in good shape, the headset and parts were all there. Second battery unused. I mean what else can you ask for.... Until you get to the Mixamp/GameDAC. It looks like it been through hell. The AWD condition stated "Used - Good - Small cosmetic imperfection on interior of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged."

I personally feel like this was 2x worse? I got it plugged in currently and I can see the scratches or whatever that is on the screen. Its look like someone dropped it due to the minor nick on the top, and that's caused it to get scratched up on the screen maybe? Amazon doesn't even have this model new in stock until mid July. I don't mind waiting I guess, but I don't feel like I should be on the hook for an extra $100.

When I contact Amazon later over this, what should I ask for? I personally don't feel like I should be spending the extra $100 out of pocket. This should've been rated a lower rating on AWD.

https://imgur.com/a/dVQuRUO

Edit: I tried wiping the screen the best I could with no luck....

#1364 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:51 AM

I personally feel like this was 2x worse? I got it plugged in currently and I can see the scratches or whatever that is on the screen. Its look like someone dropped it due to the minor nick on the top, and that's caused it to get scratched up on the screen maybe? Amazon doesn't even have this model new in stock until mid July. I don't mind waiting I guess, but I don't feel like I should be on the hook for an extra $100.

When I contact Amazon later over this, what should I ask for? 

I would personally advise against asking for any kind of partial refund or promo credit.  This is a direct route to getting an account flagged.  AWD ratings are so arbitrary that you can't really dispute them.

If you're intent on keeping the deal you found, your best angle might be to wait until another awd offering is in stock and ask a rep to do a replacement.  I've had this done for me in the past.

Otherwise, I'd just do a full return and chalk up the minor waste of time as the risk always associated with shopping awd items.

#1365 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 12:57 AM

I would personally advise against asking for any kind of partial refund or promo credit.  This is a direct route to getting an account flagged.  AWD ratings are so arbitrary that you can't really dispute them.

If you're intent on keeping your item, your best angle might be to wait until another awd offering is in stock and ask a rep to do a replacement.  I've had this done for me in the past.

Otherwise, I'd just do a full return and chalk up the minor waste of time as the risk always associated with shopping awd items.

How many flags do you get before they remove you from Amazon? Considering this item is newer, I don't know when it will be available tbh.

So when selecting the return, Do I just click on Inaccurate website description? Unless I'm wrong, I feel like the description was wrong, but I don't usually use AWD. So did the description feel accurate to you, I just don't wanna make a false claim?

I been using Amazon since 2007. A ding on my account isn't going to hurt. But I won't risk it. I'll just ask the rep what's the best option here.

#1366 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 03:52 AM

I’ve received multiple partial refunds and had to do several returns, when I get a wrong item say Xbox one controller vs Xbox Series controller and it’s around $36 or so with tax I’d prefer to return and refund this, I’ve had partials due to Switch consoles that were “very good” or “like new” having joy cons that looked like they had been ran over and scraped over concrete. I feel like it’s all what they list at, acceptable is always a gamble, but I’ve paid a decent amount for some “like new” items that were far from it, I accept a loss within reason but if I buy a switch pro controller and receive a powerA I would rather send back for the refund over accepting the loss. I’ve had less than 5 issues overall but if I were to lose my account over their mistakes I wouldn’t lose sleep, I think there are times it’s appropriate to return an item or discuss the condition issues of “like new” items. I’ve eaten the cost on acceptable items and can definitely say I’ve had more misses on quality than scores since last November.

#1367 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:57 AM

I’ve received multiple partial refunds and had to do several returns, when I get a wrong item say Xbox one controller vs Xbox Series controller and it’s around $36 or so with tax I’d prefer to return and refund this, I’ve had partials due to Switch consoles that were “very good” or “like new” having joy cons that looked like they had been ran over and scraped over concrete. I feel like it’s all what they list at, acceptable is always a gamble, but I’ve paid a decent amount for some “like new” items that were far from it, I accept a loss within reason but if I buy a switch pro controller and receive a powerA I would rather send back for the refund over accepting the loss. I’ve had less than 5 issues overall but if I were to lose my account over their mistakes I wouldn’t lose sleep, I think there are times it’s appropriate to return an item or discuss the condition issues of “like new” items. I’ve eaten the cost on acceptable items and can definitely say I’ve had more misses on quality than scores since last November.

This was what I wanted to hear. I'm just hoping they have an answer beside return and buy new lolz. Which I may do, seeing how the Xbox Model works on both systems and on PC I think too.

#1368 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2022 - 08:55 AM

They told me to buy Another AWD Model, and they would refund me the difference in cost. Which is about $100 and some changes. She tried stating I knew what I was buying and it my fault. But once she saw the pictures, She said yeah someone didn't properly put the right description down in the system. Sorry about that.

#1369 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:40 AM

I got the slightly better model today as stated. I told them when I requested the refund it wasn't much better. But the screen doesn't have many scratches compared to the other Good model. They tried to argue their was nothing in the system stating this refund and they don't do refunds on AWD goods. But after him being patient he finally found the proof needed from the previous rep and got his higher up to approve an refund of $115 back.

#1370 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2022 - 03:51 PM

I got the slightly better model today as stated. I told them when I requested the refund it wasn't much better. But the screen doesn't have many scratches compared to the other Good model. They tried to argue their was nothing in the system stating this refund and they don't do refunds on AWD goods. But after him being patient he finally found the proof needed from the previous rep and got his higher up to approve an refund of $115 back.

glad that worked out, I’ve been buying from Amazon for well over a decade and I’ve had a few of these odd instances occur throughout that time, from missing items, to the entirely wrong, or as you had an extremely damaged item. They’ve resolved the issues I’ve had with Amazon warehouse items, and have always been super reasonable.

#1371 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2022 - 04:02 PM

glad that worked out, I’ve been buying from Amazon for well over a decade and I’ve had a few of these odd instances occur throughout that time, from missing items, to the entirely wrong, or as you had an extremely damaged item. They’ve resolved the issues I’ve had with Amazon warehouse items, and have always been super reasonable.

Truth be told this one wasn't perfect either. Which I'm not understanding considering the price on this one was so close to MSRP. ($350 compared to $335 for the Used - Very Good Condition I purchased)

#1372 ritchardf  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:13 AM

ps5 was up, $490 for like new

#1373 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:51 PM

several $247 oled nsw consoles up
https://smile.amazon...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

#1374 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10088 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:58 PM

Even at $100 off, it's still hard to justify getting one when I have a OG one that can play homebrew.
I hope whatever Switch successor there is keeps the OLED screen, kickstand and bluetooth improvements.

#1375 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 03:14 PM

several $247 oled nsw consoles up
https://smile.amazon...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

What kind of conditions have people gotten with these? I was thinking of picking one up but acceptable tho? I don't know.

#1376 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 03:16 PM

What kind of conditions have people gotten with these? I was thinking of picking one up but acceptable tho? I don't know.

maybe a minor scratch on the back plate, but great overall.

#1377 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

maybe a minor scratch on the back plate, but great overall.

Making me wanna buy one truth be told. May just pull the trigger, even tho I'm not currently huge into Nintendo library lol.

#1378 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:18 PM

The one thing I will say is that the stated condition on AWD doesn't seem to mean much.  'Acceptable' often looks LN and 'like new' can often be missing more things. 

Either way it's a crap shoot.  I'd be perfectly fine with buying 'acceptable' if I decided to gamble on it.  Their grading and checking of returned goods is haphazard at best. 

#1379 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:27 PM

The one thing I will say is that the stated condition on AWS doesn't seem to mean much. 'Acceptable' often looks LN and 'like new' can often be missing more things.

Either way it's a crap shoot. I'd be perfectly fine with buying 'acceptable' if I decided to gamble on it. Their grading and checking of returned goods is haphazard at best.

This. Any time I get something with "good" condition it is worse than anything I have gotten that is acceptable.

#1380 ritchardf  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:04 PM

those white switch OLED are back up, also some red/blue for $20 more and a regular switch for $188