Gran Turismo Sport PS4 $29.99 on NewEgg.com

Is this supposed to be considered gran turismo 7 a full fledged throw everything at it release, or because they did not give it a number is this an in between half ass stop gap till gran turismo 7 is released ?

Is this supposed to be considered gran turismo 7 a full fledged throw everything at it release, or because they did not give it a number is this an in between half ass stop gap till gran turismo 7 is released ?
Series reboot so it's a main game. Content is limited compares to the number entries but what's there is all new, no long a copy/paste job. Do keep in mind it has online DRM, so you need Internet for 95% of the game. On the bright side, no loot boxes like some other racing game. Pick your poison. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
They have put through the patch to enable a better single player experience correct?  I read that it was to be released but lost track of the progress.  I have no problems with trying the online mode but have always enjoyed the single player progress when it comes to Gran Turismo.  Building up my garage and tuning were always a thing of beauty even back on the PS1.

They have put through the patch to enable a better single player experience correct? I read that it was to be released but lost track of the progress. I have no problems with trying the online mode but have always enjoyed the single player progress when it comes to Gran Turismo. Building up my garage and tuning were always a thing of beauty even back on the PS1.
Yes, they added a league mode for single player last month. Also, one unadvertised feature finally makes a return from the PS2 era of GT games...60fps replays if you have a PS4 Pro set @1080p. This feature has been missing for over a decade in any major racing game for any console.

Is this supposed to be considered gran turismo 7 a full fledged throw everything at it release, or because they did not give it a number is this an in between half ass stop gap till gran turismo 7 is released?
It's more of a spin-off in the series than a full fledged GT title. Polyphony Digital worked with the FIA license on this one as rather than the full licensing for their numbered releases. At least that's what I read somewhere a few months ago before it was released. So take with a grain of salt. I'll wait until the price drops to around $20 or less before buying it.

Yes, they added a league mode for single player last month. Also, one unadvertised feature finally makes a return from the PS2 era of GT games...60fps replays if you have a PS4 Pro set @1080p. This feature has been missing for over a decade in any major racing game for any console.
Wat? This absolutely is not true.

It's also partially due to the fact that devs like the cinematic feel of 30 fps, not a technical limitation.

Wat? This absolutely is not true.

It's also partially due to the fact that devs like the cinematic feel of 30 fps, not a technical limitation.
Not sure if your comment is serious or sarcasm. If it's former, skip to 7:15 of the video for the part about 60fps replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkWwX3Id98

bread's done
Back