Blackguards 2 (XB1) - $12.21 at Amazon; PS4 version is currently $20.41

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
1/24/18 Update:

The XB1 version has risen to over $10 in price and is no longer an Add-on item.  Price is fluctuating so it may go lower again.

Both versions have been fluctuating in price recently but this is the lowest it has gone for XBox One.  In fact it just became an add-on item once it went under $10.

XB1 - $9.88:

https://www.amazon.com/Blackguards-2-Xbox-One/dp/B01G8I8FOA/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FCK5H5KF0W8994CFNRAH

PS4 - $20.41:

https://www.amazon.com/Blackguards-2-PlayStation-4/dp/B01G8I8GOE/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1516650645&sr=1-2&keywords=blackguard+2

Of note I believe the PS4 version is the one that originally installed an incorrect game  (Dungeons 2 I think) but I think that issue has been fixed and correct discs are now being sent out.  Not sure if the XB1 version ever had that problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this has been low as $1 in a Steam sale, in case you have a modest PC. It's a turn-based strategy-RPG, so it doesn't really have high requirements.

I really, really liked this game. You play the bad guy in this one - this is one of the only games I can think of where being evil doesn't mean just being a dick. The game doesn't shy away from taboo subjects: one of your party members is your slave. Another is a dwarf who failed his trial by fire and is disgraced by his people. Slight story spoiler: you can manipulate him into doing what you want by asking him, "Would you walk through the fire with me?", which riles him up but sets the story on a darker path. I also promised a prisoner that I'd let him go if he divulged his castle's secrets, but I executed him instead.

I think this has been low as $1 in a Steam sale, in case you have a modest PC. It's a turn-based strategy-RPG, so it doesn't really have high requirements.

I really, really liked this game. You play the bad guy in this one - this is one of the only games I can think of where being evil doesn't mean just being a dick. The game doesn't shy away from taboo subjects: one of your party members is your slave. Another is a dwarf who failed his trial by fire and is disgraced by his people. Slight story spoiler: you can manipulate him into doing what you want by asking him, "Would you walk through the fire with me?", which riles him up but sets the story on a darker path. I also promised a prisoner that I'd let him go if he divulged his castle's secrets, but I executed him instead.
Holy shit! You've sold this game for me!!

I don't want you guys to be disappointed - this is very much an RPG in the Dungeons & Dragons sense, where you have to learn all the rules and familiarize yourself with skills and spells. In fact, the game is based on The Dark Eye, which is a tabletop RPG that many people call Germany's answer to D&D.

If the story sounds interesting, it is, but it's told through lines of dialog in between battles. Many, many battles. It's not full of exposition like Pillars of Eternity or the old D&D-based games. Blackguards is more like 70% combat and 30% story.

I don't want you guys to be disappointed - this is very much an RPG in the Dungeons & Dragons sense, where you have to learn all the rules and familiarize yourself with skills and spells. In fact, the game is based on The Dark Eye, which is a tabletop RPG that many people call Germany's answer to D&D.

If the story sounds interesting, it is, but it's told through lines of dialog in between battles. Many, many battles. It's not full of exposition like Pillars of Eternity or the old D&D-based games. Blackguards is more like 70% combat and 30% story.
Yea you pretty much sold me too. I just like tactics and stuff. Playing Pillars and all I want to do is fight the hardest enemies and toughest bosses.

BEWARE.  Amazon is still selling the recalled PS4 version.  It was recalled back in October as the actual game data is for Dungeons 2, not Blackguards 2.   If you decide to roll the dice, make sure the barcode on the back of the game ends in  113.  If it ends up 765 it is the recalled version with the wrong game on disc.

I tried talking to Amazon CS about them specifically sending me a copy of the one ending in 113, but since they lump everything under one SKU there was no way for them to do it, so id have to potentially order hundreds before I got the non-recalled version.

I ended up just not caring about trophies and went with the Xb1 version since it is $10 cheaper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Add-On items need to go the way of the dodo. Not buying a single one. Especially not at $10. No excuse whatsoever for this to be an Add-On item.

It's super easy to get around the addon item requirements. So while they aren't great they don't bother me at all and they do serve a purpose so I'm cool with them existing.

Oh I’m sure amazon is going to miss your revenue.
ETOmzy5.gif

bread's done
Back