* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#4231 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Yeah you’re right...nice. At least one is a decent mover to BB.

Also noticed that the top tier NSW games dropped another dollar to $25 base TIV. Hopefully some of these rebound soon, but I’m sure GS had plenty traded in a week or so ago.

I'm pretty sure that $25 is what they've been at since they all dropped from $35 during the last bump.

#4232 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

I'm pretty sure that $25 is what they've been at since they all dropped from $35 during the last bump.

I mistyped. The base is still $25...carry on!

#4233 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

It says for fortnite. Does fortnite have an in game currency that can be purchased for task money? I don't even think you can enforce that in the Xbox ecosystem. Doesn't a prepaid gamestop xbox code show up as non game specific ms currency?

There are no fortnite cards. The trade promo is for Xbox or Playstation cards. It's just a marketing strategy with how big the game is.

#4234 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

There are no fortnite cards. The trade promo is for Xbox or Playstation cards. It's just a marketing strategy with how big the game is.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

#4235 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

You joke but those buttholes wouldn't even take my ps4 without the micro USB cable. I walked down to the dollar store and got one for $1. They wanted to deduct $20 from the total.

Would you want to buy a console with no way to charge the controller? Although the store just should have made you buy a cable instead of doing a refurb fee, as long as they had cables in stock.

Seems like it worked out though as $1 is less than the $10-$15 those cables are in store.

#4236 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Yes they work just fine. I used a $15 cert yesterday to pick up nba live 18 for free.

thanks for the heads up.  Needed to burn a $15 cert as it's expiring at the end of this month.  Stupid that I only had about 3 weeks to use it as I redeemed it weekend before last.

#4237 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Can anyone confirm that they are getting $10 in rewards for purchasing FarCry 5? I went into a store on Friday and they had no idea what I was talking about

I'm thinking not as the page their YT video linked to no longer says anything about it.

#4238 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

They needed a sensor bar for my old Wii, I said can I just buy a used one from you for a dollar and trade that and they said no they have to deduct based on the (MsRP) of a brand new third party one sold only online, $20.

The wii only got $45 so it wasn’t worth me driving to a pawn shop to buy one for a buck.

That's BS as that item they would of charged you for wouldn't ship to a store & they would just get corporate to send them a sensor bar.

Sounds like you need to report the store at tellgamestop dot com.

#4239 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

A lot of the stuff in this thread is shady, but the stuff I’ve seen some GS employees lie about has been pretty bad too.

-adding warranties without informing me (I’ll get a couple warranties if the employee is helpful but it’s shady to charge and not say anything)
-adding refurb fees without informing me
-“exchanges” that result in you losing money (return a $40 game for a $30 one and employee didn’t want to give me the difference)
-straight up lying about certain preorder promos (you only have to put $5 down but multiple employees said it would only work with full amount)

I get they have to keep their numbers up and all. I worked in retail for many years. Still, deceitfulness is never the answer.

#4240 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

Anybody have a $25 trade in coupon they're not going to use?

If not, if I upgrade to pro in store, will they let me get the 25 bonus immediately or do I need to get it in an email? I want to trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro.

#4241 dypaehc   ssA paehC daeH CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

If not, if I upgrade to pro in store, will they let me get the 25 bonus immediately or do I need to get it in an email? I want to trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro.

I don't plan on using mine. Hit me up in the next hour, otherwise I'm gone for two days.

#4242 OldManNoob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

OldManNoob

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

I just DM'd you

#4243 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

I had a sunset overdrive white VCR XBO bundle that I wanted to keep, but $165 is just too good of a value, hope I can track down a white VCR console years down the road for much cheaper. I hadnt touched it in like 3 years. 

#4244 Capearican   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Capearican

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:37 PM

My TRU in Plainsboro, NJ was not packed when I stopped by yesterday just to get a lay of the land. Consoles as mentioned were %5 and software %10. I don't know how this store was not in the first round of cuts because it is never busy that being said they had a lot of software still left including older PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Might be worth a re-visit in a few weeks to look for some older Wii U titles, 3ds, and 360 that people might be as interested in getting. They had no Switches or Ps4's but the had Xbox One S and X, 3ds, and PS VR bundles. 

#4245 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

I went to the counter to ask if they had any Preowned Starfox Zero copies.  They took one out of the drawer (I guess it was a "converted to preowned" copy, because it was still sealed.)  They ran their hand down the seal to start to tear it open.  Then they said "Oh, I guess it was sealed!"  Well, not anymore, LOL!

#4246 albwrong   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

albwrong

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Was able to use some reward coupons to buy some games from GS to move to BB. I don’t remember BB requiring 2 IDs though. Glad I left my work ID in my wallet. First time this has happened in Northern VA.

#4247 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

I went to the counter to ask if they had any Preowned Starfox Zero copies.  They took one out of the drawer (I guess it was a "converted to preowned" copy, because it was still sealed.)  They ran their hand down the seal to start to tear it open.  Then they said "Oh, I guess it was sealed!"  Well, not anymore, LOL!

I must mention that I managed to acquire around 18 copies of Star Fox Zero, all brand new for around $40. and yes they were with the slip cover that includes SF Guard. One of my best scores ever! :D

#4248 Bing Chameleon  

Bing Chameleon

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

-adding warranties without informing me (I’ll get a couple warranties if the employee is helpful but it’s shady to charge and not say anything)
-adding refurb fees without informing me

I’ve had the refurb fees charged without knowing but never warranties (yet). Like you, I bought a warranty simply because an employee was so helpful and nice. She even went to the back to get the best looking cases/cover art when I was buying 4 / $10.

Edit: Did they replace the week 1 Play Days deals with week 2 or just add onto them? Dark Souls Fire Fades is no longer $20.

#4249 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1854 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

Has anyone bought home depot gc with tc or gc? I was wondering if I can go from GS credit -> home depot gc -> outback or delta airlines gc

#4250 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:50 AM

Has anyone bought home depot gc with tc or gc? I was wondering if I can go from GS credit -> home depot gc -> outback or delta airlines gc

You can. I bought a $50 Home Depot card 2 weeks ago with trade credit. No problem.

#4251 mitemouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   633 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

I bought home depot credit from gs. I attempted to use the home depot gift card for other gift cards at home depot but register would not let it happen.

I sold 2 $100 home depot gift cards to gift card websites. One website gave $88 amazon credit. Another website gave $84 paypal.

#4252 ShokoandNoho  

ShokoandNoho

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

I'm not a pc gamer but I've been using my of PC to play The fractured but whole and Ni No Kuni 2 so wanted to play wirelessly but my controller wasn't Bluetooth and the adapter costs $25 so today I traded in my Forza Motorsports 6 original Xbox one for $175 ($150 plus the $25 extra coupon) and got the Xbox one s sea of thieves. Then talked to the guys and traded in the sea of thieves game right after and bought defective Pikachu 😜 to get the extra 40% that I'm planning on returning tomorrow. So it was $175 for the Xbox and the coupon and $30 for sea of thieves. Total: $205 so $45 out of pocket (out of credit actually) to upgrade my Xbox one And the Bluetooth controller to play on my PC isn't bad at all.

#4253 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

how u trade in a digital code? 

#4254 ShokoandNoho  

ShokoandNoho

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

how u trade in a digital code?

it was a physical game

#4255 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:19 AM

Weekly ad is out. There really isn't anything of note on sale beyond their current one.

#4256 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

GS > BB credit movers. This is taking into consideration BB GCU and GS Elite. Also takes into consideration that in Illinois there is also no tax on Gamestop purchases if you use tradecredit (not sure how it is in other states).

Battlefront 2 (XONE used)
NBA 2K18 (Switch)
Assassin's Creed (PS4 + XONE)
Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4 + XONE used)
Madden 18 (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Skyrim (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1

Thanks homie. Transferred $140 worth of credit and looking forward to making mo' doe

#4257 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

Is it time to give up on a late-month bump?

#4258 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Does anyone if BB takes Arms for trade-in? It isn't showing up on the web... which seems odd to me for a first party Switch game.

#4259 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

Does anyone if BB takes Arms for trade-in? It isn't showing up on the web... which seems odd to me for a first party Switch game.

If it is complete, I'm interested in buying. Send me a PM if interested

#4260 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

GS > BB credit movers. This is taking into consideration BB GCU and GS Elite. Also takes into consideration that in Illinois there is also no tax on Gamestop purchases if you use tradecredit (not sure how it is in other states).

Battlefront 2 (XONE used)
NBA 2K18 (Switch)
Assassin's Creed (PS4 + XONE)
Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4 + XONE used)
Madden 18 (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1
Skyrim (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1

Thank you kind sir! I was able to move $450 worth of GS trade credit to BB. Like some others in the thread mentioned, I’m going to get Disney GCs for my upcoming trip in May! Thanks to you my hotel is paid for, and it was probably on about $100 of my own money initially used.