* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#5461 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3319 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

Yeah I read that...

I'm still hoping it's just poor wording on their part.

Yeah sorry, just reread your post. This will be great, as this could allow for some great console trades (since values are good til 4/22). We may only have Friday to take advantage of it, if it's actually valid, as I'm sure somebody will post it to reddit/slickdeals/whatever and get the deal killed.

#5462 keeks7   Hide and Seek Master 's Degree CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

Double points on Saturday > $80 guaranteed TIC for PS3 towards PS4 Pro GoW bundle > $50 bonus for trading switch/PS4/X1 towards GoW (game only) > trade both copies of GoW back in before 5/22/18 (get most return with probable trade promo).

I dunno if the system is gonna have any issues doing this. Could go to 2 separate stores, but would rather do it in 1 transaction.

Dont forget double points Fri and Sat

#5463 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9683 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

People that have multiple unused consoles laying around.

Well yes, but who other than people in this thread and dealers of various types have that type of inventory to trade in?

I just got off the phone with my home store's SL and she said it SHOULD be a trade towards the PS4 Pro bundle, but nothing definite though.  While they have them available for pickup tonight, I'll wait for tomorrow to see if I get the coupon for $40 for the game by buying the bundle (AND double points).

#5464 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3319 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

Knew it was saturday, and saw the "2x points" picture above, but I tend to skim over posts so didn't see it was for Friday as well. Thanks.

#5465 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

Are we expecting that there will be no GoW dlc as there is no season pass included in any of the bundles?

#5466 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3319 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

Says it's "new" in the condition field, and doesn't say anything else in the ad besides their phone #. Asked for a pic of the receipt, haven't heard back, but this just seems too good to be true.

#5467 RaysGame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

PS4 Pro White Destiny 2 Edition $199 YMMV https://brickseek.co.../?sku=336136643

My local store dropped it down early this morning to $199 showing 3 in stock, but they couldn't be found.

Edit: Oops, was meant for the Walmart thread :P

#5468 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:40 PM

PS4 Pro White Destiny 2 Edition $199 YMMV https://brickseek.co.../?sku=336136643

My local store dropped it down early this morning to $199 showing 3 in stock, but they couldn't be found.

Edit: Oops, was meant for the Walmart thread :P

Good spot for it though.

#5469 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9683 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

Are we expecting that there will be no GoW dlc as there is no season pass included in any of the bundles?

There is a Deluxe Edition but it looks like it doesn't come with any game-based content.  Only soundtrack, themes, etc.

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

Says it's "new" in the condition field, and doesn't say anything else in the ad besides their phone #. Asked for a pic of the receipt, haven't heard back, but this just seems too good to be true.

Probably, but I can see that the box is open so "open" must be the new "new."

#5470 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Where does it say Friday? 

EDIT: I see it in a different email now. I was going by the first email.

#5471 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

Where does it say Friday?

Everywhere except the original email. 57f6e21a21b17db10c8c131c05827c8f.jpg

#5472 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

How many thieves steal the original boxes along with a console and a game? I'd trust this over a console missing a controller and other accessories, or a game with no case.

#5473 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

The carpet also looks well cleaned and cared for... I'd say this is just someone who doesn't realize or care about the value of the console.

#5474 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

The mafia stole a truckload of gaming hardware and software. Now they're trying to unload it. If there's plastic on the couch/floor you're in trouble.

#5475 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3459 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

The mafia stole a truckload of gaming hardware and software. Now they're trying to unload it. If there's plastic on the couch/floor you're in trouble.

haha, reminds me on the news last night, someone stole a trailer full of Disneyland/world tickets.

#5476 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today.  But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there.  This happen to anyone else? 

#5477 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

My Yakuza 6 premium edition arrived today. Total out of pocket cost ~$16.

I learned that

1) you can only use a maximum of 2 certs online which means a maximum of $75 off a single online item.

2)although the certs T&C indicate value shipping only, free 2 day shipping for elite PUR still worked.

3) If an online transaction fails to complete and you receive an error, credit cards do not get charged, but paypal does.

Hope those notes help somebody.

#5478 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today. But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there. This happen to anyone else?

All my already delivered and picked up orders are gone (idk why they were there for months), one of my preorders for Ni No Kuni is gone even though I never picked it up, and my paid-in-full Dark Souls remastered for Switch is gone too. Hopefully just a problem with the app...

#5479 knothead65  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today.  But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there.  This happen to anyone else? 

Yes, including Dark Souls Remastered for Switch. I paid $5 down on it too. Anyone know how I can get the $5 back if it was trade card I used up?

#5480 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today. But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there. This happen to anyone else?

Similar here. All of my preorders were at the same store. 3 total. X1X is gone (good riddance). Switch Dark Souls Remastered is gone. GoW still there.

Switch Dark Souls Remastered got its release date pushed back but was there yesterday with an indefinite release date.

Luckily I still have all my reciepts.

#5481 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

Yes, including Dark Souls Remastered for Switch. I paid $5 down on it too. Anyone know how I can get the $5 back if it was trade card I used up?

They just put it on whatever card you want to swipe (or a new one), or you can use it towards something right then.

#5482 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

Tempted to trade in Xbox one s for $190 towards GOW. Picking up the PS4 Pro GOW bundle, but also want the double points. What are people doing?

#5483 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

Yes I just noticed all my preorders are missing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5484 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

Tempted to trade in Xbox one s for $190 towards GOW. Picking up the PS4 Pro GOW bundle, but also want the double points. What are people doing?

I'm probably going to to wait until tomorrow...it's lame but just makes more sense :/

#5485 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

I traded my PS4 slim and monster hunter for an iPad pro last month and wanted to get the GoW one. Thanks for the response mates!

Is this normal? Do people just drop $400 dollars on a console and get rid of it within a couple of months? Then want to buy another one for $400? I get it if you were upgrading, I mean I traded in my launch og PS4 for the monster Hunter pro. Which made it worth it.

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#5486 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

Is this normal? Do people just drop $400 dollars on a console and get rid of it within a couple of months? Then want to buy another one for $400? I get it if you were upgrading, I mean I traded in my launch og PS4 for the monster Hunter pro. Which made it worth it.

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved

In the past year I have sold my original PS4, bought a PS4 pro, sold it to buy a Switch, then bought a slim from GameStop Black Friday deal and realized I wasn't going to play it so I sold it. Then I bought an old firmware PS4 to play with homebrew, realized I didn't care enough and sold that. There are not many people like me: I impulse buy with great hopes and then quickly sell because I hate to have my things laying around unused.

#5487 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:18 PM

I bought a pro and traded in a few months later for 300$ During last year promo...don’t have a 4K tv and I didn’t see any differences

What would be the best way to upgrade to a one x tho? Yall think any deals will come with state of decay I would love to get 175 for my 1s 1tb without having to buy god of war...I should wait till e3 tho

#5488 buddha_mjs   Banned Banned   285 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

buddha_mjs

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:49 PM

I just checked in with my local store about my dark souls + amiibo pre-orders that disappeared. They said the pre orders are still there but they changed the release date to year 0001 instead of 2018 since theres no firm release date yet. so the system thinks they already came out and they don't show in the app. So dont worry folks. Your pre-orders are still valid and they will pop back up when theres a release date.

#5489 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3319 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Depends. I sometimes just buy consoles to play a certain game or games. Did that with the switch twice. And did it just recently with the PS4 pro I had (though with that, I planned on not buying another PlayStation until the ps5 came out). Still on the fence, as I'm really hoping that ps5 is backwards compatible (but at the same time I have a stack of games that are losing value and I don't know if I want to wait 1-2 years or longer for the ps5).

#5490 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

My Yakuza 6 premium edition arrived today. Total out of pocket cost ~$16.

I learned that

1) you can only use a maximum of 2 certs online which means a maximum of $75 off a single online item.

2)although the certs T&C indicate value shipping only, free 2 day shipping for elite PUR still worked.

3) If an online transaction fails to complete and you receive an error, credit cards do not get charged, but paypal does.

Hope those notes help somebody.

When I got my Apple Watch it let me use 3 used celery’s online long as they were all different denominations wonder if they changed it