* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#7771 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

In addition to the 2/4/6 for 30/40/50 trade bonus the sign also has extra $30 toward any XB1/ps4/switch console trade.

My store had it hidden behind the stack of empty console boxes when you walk in.

#7772 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

Pre-ordered game on 6/13 (well actually rolled over a pre-order), and got the coupon for double points today.

#7773 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Doesn't sound like a 70% bump...or 50% plus 20% for elite.  Wording is really tricky on this one, lol. 

#7774 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

Yes.. "Up to" wording usually already includes PRO / Elite boost. Is it any different this time?

#7775 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

It’s happening! This was in an email today, but I don’t see how it’ll stack yet. DF706566-9633-4B68-821F-176A1AC6EC44.jpeg

Hmm says get "up to" 50% extra, so I'm guessing that's 30% on top of elite so probably not the 70% we were all hoping and only 10% more than the digital currency promo, hopefully values don't tank.

#7776 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

Did anyone see an end date for this 10/20/30 bump on the e-mail or poster?

#7777 Alexpguy  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Pre-ordered game on 6/13 (well actually rolled over a pre-order), and got the coupon for double points today.

I pre-ordered 5 games at 2 different stores on 6/15 and 6/16 but have not received anything yet. I wonder if they are going to tank values right before the coupon goes live. Or just do it before the 50% bonus tomorrow.

#7778 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Did anyone see an end date for this 10/20/30 bump on the e-mail or poster?

The terms at the bottom of the e-mail say "Offer valid 6/18 - 7/8."

#7779 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hmm says get "up to" 50% extra, so I'm guessing that's 30% on top of elite so probably not the 70% we were all hoping and only 10% more than the digital currency promo, hopefully values don't tank.

Well crap.

#7780 Adhiman  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Doesn't sound like a 70% bump...or 50% plus 20% for elite.  Wording is really tricky on this one, lol.

tenor.gif

#7781 grumpier   What is this thing besides my name? CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

grumpier

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

How often do we get b2g1. Or is that only for renewals now?

#7782 Ratmonkey  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

How often do we get b2g1. Or is that only for renewals now?

Yes

Guest_RichGamer3_*

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Honestly, it's a good thing that people are getting denied gift receipts and being able to return or exchange the Switches they trade it for the promotion. I send a registered letter to corporate and an e-mail awhile back along with printouts of the users on here and on another site who have been taking advantage of these promotions and either canceling the preorders or returning the games or systems they traded in for bonuses. So the company is definitely aware that people have been doing that.

#7784 willworkforbits   Mark CAG in Training   20 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Honestly, it's a good thing that people are getting denied gift receipts and being able to return or exchange the Switches they trade it for the promotion. I send a registered letter to corporate and an e-mail awhile back along with printouts of the users on here and on another site who have been taking advantage of these promotions and either canceling the preorders or returning the games or systems they traded in for bonuses. So the company is definitely aware that people have been doing that.

Snitches get switches.  

#7785 zwashere  

zwashere

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

Your a real hero Richard!

#7786 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

He’s a ghost!

#7787 TasteOfChaos21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

TasteOfChaos21

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Still doesn’t stop anything there’s always loop holes lol

#7788 Lumas101  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

To keep hope alive for a bit, the "up to 50%" could also be in reference to how many games you trade. So it could be 30/40/50 extra credit for trading 2/4/6 games and therefore go back to being 50/60/70 for Elite members. Hopefully....

#7789 Ratmonkey  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Man I am too drunk to keep up with this Trainwreck-to-happen. So let me know how this works out after the mods delete and ban and whatnot

#7790 Adhiman  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Lol because peoples’ CAG usernames will tip GameStop off to their identities.

#7791 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:50 PM

I picked up a wii at a garage sale for next to nothing that I'm going to trade in to Gamestop. Only thing wrong with it is that it's missing the door that covers the gamecube ports.

I just called a store and asked if that would matter and the lady said yes, they'd have to defect it and that would take $10-15 off the price. That seemed like a hefty amount considering they'd only give me $35 to begin with. Is it that much or did she just not want to have to deal with another frickin wii trade in?

#7792 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1736 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lol because peoples’ CAG usernames will tip GameStop off to their identities.

What're you talking about?

Sincerely,

Boneless smith

#7793 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

Looking through the trade values, I'd get a $24 base just for the motion plus wiimote, nunchuk, sensor bar ($8 base for a sensor bar?!), and AV cable. (If they take the Wii AC adapter loose, it's not showing on the trade in page, only the Wii U one).

#7794 Viper X  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

It’s happening! This was in an email today, but I don’t see how it’ll stack yet.attachicon.gifDF706566-9633-4B68-821F-176A1AC6EC44.jpeg

But there could be a bump next week while this is going on, decisions decisions.

#7795 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Wonchu sukadik an dye

#7796 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15393 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

Cool, hope that bike fraud worked out for you, broski.

#7797 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

Don't you have a bike you should be returning right about now?

#7798 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

To keep hope alive for a bit, the "up to 50%" could also be in reference to how many games you trade. So it could be 30/40/50 extra credit for trading 2/4/6 games and therefore go back to being 50/60/70 for Elite members. Hopefully....

That's not how gamestop rolls. If it is possible to get 70% then they would say up to 70% because that sounds way better than 50%, then when people realize they aren't getting the highest percentage they get talked into a membership.

#7799 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3869 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like it'll be like the promo they had back in January.   Hopefully the 4 for $20 holds tomorrow, as my local store got a batch of DS games that I'd like grab from that sale and looking to clear a few games out at the same time.

#7800 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Doesn't sound like a 70% bump...or 50% plus 20% for elite. Wording is really tricky on this one, lol.

i cannot stand the phrase “up to”...will most likely disappoint. tbh 70% will not make much of a difference with these current values for the top tier switch games i am holding anyways :/