* * * * - 10 votes

Gamestop "New" Thread

#2011 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6762 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Let me just cut through all the fanboy crap here with some facts...

Xbox has HALF the active monthly users that playstaion does, therefore:
Gamestop has HALF the potential customer base for xbox games then they do playstation games, therefore:
Gamestop has to increase demand for xbox games by running more promotions for them.

Simple business sense.

P.S. I'm not hating on xbox. I love all 27 of my consoles equally.

Those promotions come from the companies themselves most of the time, the only exception is B2G1 on preowned items as those are gamestop’s bread and butter

#2012 Unsocial Worker   Banned Banned   102 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

PS4 Pro was only good for my PSVR, which I rarely ever play. I have preferred all of my other media through Xbox one S and X because it’s just a better experience. Really Sony? Release a 4K console and don’t put a 4K disc drive in it? Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI, and Xbox Live is still the best online experience.... The one thing Sony has are the exclusives, but not one of them has been able to pull me away from my xbox very long...

#2013 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

PS4 Pro was only good for my PSVR, which I rarely ever play. I have preferred all of my other media through Xbox one S and X because it’s just a better experience. Really Sony? Release a 4K console and don’t put a 4K disc drive in it? Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI, and Xbox Live is still the best online experience.... The one thing Sony has are the exclusives, but not one of them has been able to pull me away from my xbox very long...

You're in the minority

#2014 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

Does anyone know if the 20% off preowned birthday coupon stacks with the pro discount? I'm assuming, yes. Also, is it limited to one game or multiples?

It stacks with pro or elite discount and it only works on one game. I used mine yesterday.

#2015 buddha_mjs   Banned Banned   285 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

buddha_mjs

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Still hate Sony’s outdated and boring UI

The xbox UI is the Yahoo Search of game console UIs. Full of noise that damn near everyone hates, as is evident by them changing it dramatically a few months back. Not much better now but at least I only spend about 10 seconds in the UI before the game loads.

The PS4 UI is just the 360 interface minus all the fisher price colors.

• ck0 likes this

#2016 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

I hate the Xbox user interface. It’s almost as bad as Hulu

#2017 ck0  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

The xbox UI is the Yahoo Search of game console UIs. Full of noise that damn near everyone hates, as is evident by them changing it dramatically a few months back. Not much better now but at least I only spend about 10 seconds in the UI before the game loads.

The PS4 UI is just the 360 interface minus all the fisher price colors.

Yeah they fucked up when they made the One UI.  I don't know why they think tiles is such a good thing to get to where I want to go.  One big tile, and two smaller tiles, below it.  Some ads in my face.  Too convoluted, slow and messy.  I heard they changed it now to be less messy but I haven't turned it on to update it. 

PS4 UI is clean and simple.  Get me to where I want to go.  Store on far left.  Library on far right.  More recent things in the middle.  No tabbing, or pages to flip through.  I got a Pro already so no reason to drop $500 on the One X.  I wouldn't have gotten one over the Pro anyway (for some stupid reason MS doesn't allow local backup of gamesaves which I desire, and I'm already too deep in the PS4 ecosystem, e.g. exclusives, trophies, etc)

MS is still holding strong with it's own dedicated base tho.  I realized this when my stupid cousin who already owns PS4 wants to buy an Xbox just to play with his buddies.  I told him to convince them to get on PS4 instead.

#2018 ShokoandNoho  

ShokoandNoho

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

I have both Xbox and PS4 systems so I'll just ignore all the fanboy bs...

I'm using my phone and I'm getting some errors uploading the picture.

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership.Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg Screenshot_20180301-105232.jpg

#2019 joecreed   Banned Banned   120 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

joecreed

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Can we start talking about more important things guys?  Like maybe any money makers we have out there with the b2g1 going?

#2020 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   515 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Can we start talking about more important things guys? Like maybe any money makers we have out there with the b2g1 going?

Speaking of which - the offer seems to not be working online. Is this in store only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2021 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5733 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership.

Spoiler that shit. You posted the pic three times. Someone earlier said you were probably in the pilot program, which your pic clearly shows with "Elite beta", so I don't think anyone was accusing you of lying. Most people just hadn't seen it since it was only available in test markets.

#2022 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

You're in the minority

I agree with him...

#2023 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

Days ago I asked if it was normal that one of my accounts didn't get the free $10 certificate from GameStop every month that my other account gets. People didn't because believe me so I'll put an screen capture and seems like I got my elite membership when this certificate was included and then they changed their minds and took it off the membership. 

There were two test markets that got this, I saw someone ask if you were in one but never saw your response. Most likely once your year is up you will only get regular elite without the monthly certificate.

#2024 ZeroNightmare   Master Bait CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

ZeroNightmare

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Boomerangs seem very few and far between.

#2025 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

I actually do prefer watching stuff on xbox compared to my ps4. The ui just seems overall better oe easier to use. I can get to stuff quicker. Redeeming codes isn't quick on either system. movies didn't start over at the beginning everytime I start the console. I could just be me, but it seems like service like Netflix and MLB at bat loaded and ran quicker on my Xbox.

#2026 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Boomerangs seem very few and far between.

Might work better with 50% extra TIV from scratch offs.

#2027 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Can we start talking about more important things guys?  Like maybe any money makers we have out there with the b2g1 going?

You can make around 383 profit if you max out your limit and can hit the perfect combo of games.

#2028 ZeroNightmare   Master Bait CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

ZeroNightmare

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Might work better with 50% extra TIV from scratch offs.

Do those work on accessories or just games?

#2029 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

I’m brand new to GameStop flips, so I took the plunge today on the Elite Pro membership. I also put $5 down on Sea of Thieves and got the bonus with no issues.

My question is that it looks like I only got 40% extra trade in. Is this correct, or should I have received 20% extra for Elite Pro with a stacked 40% for the Sea of Thieves preorder?

#2030 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

I’m brand new to GameStop flips, so I took the plunge today on the Elite Pro membership. I also put $5 down on Sea of Thieves and got the bonus with no issues.

My question is that it looks like I only got 40% extra trade in. Is this correct, or should I have received 20% extra for Elite Pro with a stacked 40% for the Sea of Thieves preorder?

This is correct. Preorder bonuses are usually 20% + PUR TIV bonus.

PUR TIV bonus is the ecpexted:
20% for elite
10% for pro
0% for everybody else

#2031 Miken   Banned Banned   1025 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

I also got the coupon for $10 extra on certain switch games (looks like its all the main first party titles).  Curious how that will stack.  Might try to go trade in Arms later if I have time.

I haven't received any of the montly powerup offers since I went elite.  Wonder if its bugged or something.

#2032 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

Has anyone got the B2G1 free in store yet for the X1 games?

#2033 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

I haven't received any of the montly powerup offers since I went elite. Wonder if its bugged or something.

Yeah I noticed I went from getting like four active offers per month, nothing to big, but things like $20 off turtle Beach and so on, to getting nothing since going elite that wasn't a reward redemption coupon

#2034 BlanketFort  

BlanketFort

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Has anyone got the B2G1 free in store yet for the X1 games?

I thought it started 3/2.

#2035 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

I thought it started 3/2.

3/1 for PUR members

#2036 BlanketFort  

BlanketFort

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

3/1 for PUR members

Ah. Is it in-store only?

#2037 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

Ah. Is it in-store only?

Doesn't seem to be working when items are in online cart.

#2038 joecreed   Banned Banned   120 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

joecreed

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Destiny 2 is obviously and even sweeter GS>BB mover now $44ish for $75ish I think it would be.  Are there any other games around $30 that are good BB movers that anyone knows about?

#2039 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

I've done some work to help you maximize your trade potential today, hope it helps. 

Spoiler

#2040 joecreed   Banned Banned   120 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

joecreed

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

I've seen a link posted to sort BB site by trade in value, but does anyone know how to do this?