- - - - -

(DEAD) Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) at Best Buy

#1 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12607 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Just noticed that this went on sale early this morning.  Not sure if it is part of the current 3 day sale but it may be.

PS4:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5711142

XB1:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5711144

Deluxe Editions are also on sale for $49.99 ($39.99 GCU).

#2 TheRealRizzo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheRealRizzo

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

right before Dragon Ball Fighter Z.. youuuu sonnsssss a..

#3 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Oh, bet somebody is going to price match those Target Ultimate Editions for $20.

#4 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Oh, bet somebody is going to price match those Target Ultimate Editions for $20.

Doubtful. I've yet to hear of a sale where someone price matches a regular edition with a deluxe. I wouldn't be surprised to see others match the price of regular editions, though.

#5 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1820 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Doubtful. I've yet to hear of a sale where someone price matches a regular edition with a deluxe. I wouldn't be surprised to see others match the price of regular editions, though.

Several people have already done it at Target over the past several days.  Target merged their inventory of regular and deluxe edition copies, meaning that the deluxe edition will ring up as as regular edition copy.  Multiple people have reported success matching prices of the Deluxe copy at Target against the regular version at another store.

#6 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

Several people have already done it at Target over the past several days. Target merged their inventory of regular and deluxe edition copies, meaning that the deluxe edition will ring up as as regular edition copy. Multiple people have reported success matching prices of the Deluxe copy at Target against the regular version at another store.

I'd think the employee would balk considering the different covers and price points, but hey, you don't know if you don't try!

#7 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

I know I shouldn't because my backlog is insane and I am all in for Monster Hunter World tomorrow, but I literally just told someone that I would bite on this for $20 with GCU and here were are. I also just ordered a copy of Raiden V. 

I should probably just bury myself in games before my wife does it for me....

#8 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

This game doesn't suck but it's the ultimate expression of Capcom just not giving a Fuck with their fighting games (as they've done since like 2001 outside of SF4).

#9 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

I'd think the employee would balk considering the different covers and price points, but hey, you don't know if you don't try!

It is definitely YMMV. I got it the Deluxe for $25, but CSR did point out the different covers when price matching. Almost tempted to try to go back to get it for $20, but I think I would be pushing my luck.

#10 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6719 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Heck might as well why not

#11 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Several people have already done it at Target over the past several days.  Target merged their inventory of regular and deluxe edition copies, meaning that the deluxe edition will ring up as as regular edition copy.  Multiple people have reported success matching prices of the Deluxe copy at Target against the regular version at another store.

That's weird, online they both have different listings with separate UPCs and DPCIs.  But I don't doubt people have gotten price matches.  As always it's totally YMMV depending on the store and worker.  One of my local store's assistant managers hangs out around the return desk and finds any reason to turn down a price match.  He's turned down my exact item, sold by Amazon price matches, saying, "well we can't just have people bringing their phones up here to get any price they want."  Well, duh, that's what price matching is! 

Rather than rat him out, I just dump all my crappy returns from all targets there now.  

#12 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Ultimate doesn't seem worth it unless you get lucky at Target.
How much are the 6 characters DLC?

#13 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

$30 for the season pass, I think it costs more if you buy them seperately.

#14 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, that was my thought as well. I also don't see myself playing this a ton either and can deal with the standard roster and if I happen to really enjoy it at least I got the game for $16 and can justify the DLC purchase a lot more. 

#15 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

$30 for the season pass, I think it costs more if you buy them seperately.

I see, thanks.

$24 difference with GCU
$30 for everyone else
So not really penalized for waiting

It just seems like an overpriced DLC in general.
Why not sell each character for $5

I'll be waiting for a sale on the DLC, hopefully 50%

Just noticed that this went on sale early this morning. Not sure if it is part of the current 3 day sale but it may be.

It is indeed part of the 3 day sale, so don't snooze

#16 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Ultimate edition comes with season pass?

#17 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Yes it does. Bought it on release w/ GCU because my son loves super heroes.

Ultimate edition comes with season pass?

#18 xprototypej  

xprototypej

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Waiting for the collectors edition to hit like 50 dollars then I will pick it up! 

#19 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

I keep trying to get out of the game and they keep pulling me back. I wish this sale was for Injustice 2. This practically a “hmmm, why not?” Kind I’d purchase for me. What season pass characters have released so far?

#20 Ibacai  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Ugh, if this had not been right before DBF I would have jumped at it. As of right now I can wait until the game + season is cheaper.

#21 outrun78   this space for rent. CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

im so on the fence here. should i or should i not?

#22 Ibacai  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Definitely maybe

#23 DoctorZ  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Avoid it, I bought the game at launch for $30 and still cannot recommend it.
If you're playing the game for single-player content don't expect a lot.

The online is pretty empty at the moment too on ps4.

#24 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

I did it because I have no self-control.

Avoid it, I bought the game at launch for $30 and still cannot recommend it.
If you're playing the game for single-player content don't expect a lot.

The online is pretty empty at the moment too on ps4.

I will play with friends when they come over as they like fighting games, but most of my friends don't like playing against me in Street Fighter V or Tekken 7. :(

#25 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

Is there a another edition coming soon that caused this to hit sub $20 GCU?

#26 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6975 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Heck might as well why not

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Will try tonight after work.

#27 EpicLootsCA   "Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

EpicLootsCA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

We all know the ultimate edition will be 20$ sometime later this year.

#28 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Is there a another edition coming soon that caused this to hit sub $20 GCU?

Doesn't look like it, this game flopped and it seems like Capcom's thrown it to the wayside.

#29 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   340 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Will try tonight after work.

As tempted as I am. I know I can't flip this at gamestop for a profit & I'm minimally interested in it. I'll just hold of for when DB fighter Z hits and when Injustice 2 is heavily discounted.

#30 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

I see, thanks.

$24 difference with GCU
$30 for everyone else
So not really penalized for waiting

It just seems like an overpriced DLC in general.
Why not sell each character for $5

I'll be waiting for a sale on the DLC, hopefully 50%

I've been doing that math too.  Seems like too much extra for the Deluxe version (especially compared to the bargain price of the vanilla version) on one hand, but on the other, playing as Venom and Black Panther would be fun.  And the difference between a 50% off future hypothetical sale and getting the Deluxe Edition now is $9, almost worth it just for the Steelbook if it's a nice one.  And a couple of days ago I would have been THRILLED to find a Deluxe Edition at Target for $40.

I'm on the fence...