- - - - -

(DEAD) Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) at Best Buy

#31 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Is there a another edition coming soon that caused this to hit sub $20 GCU?

Yea Dragon Ball Fighterz...

I would bite on this deal but with DBF and Monster hunter World tomorrow I'll wait.

#32 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14494 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

Waiting for the collectors edition to hit like 50 dollars then I will pick it up!

GS had it for $100 around Christmas but now it's back to $180.

#33 Thiah  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Screw it. Not really interested in sucking at another fighting game but after a $5 certificate $11 isn’t bad. Now I can put something in my empty mvc: infinite steelbook.

#34 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

Like everyone's saying, it's a good price, but bad timing. I'll be picking up Dragon Ball FighterZ tomorrow, and I'll probably barely even have time for that.

#35 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6903 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

Didn't bother on the price match at Target tonight because the only copies that I found were vanilla. The MSRP of this game will hit $20 nationwide soon enough. I'll wait a bit longer.

#36 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3571 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

What's the learning curve on these games? Also is it even worth it if I'm buying to play solo (not online or couch co-op)? I'm thinking of buying MVC3 on PC, but I can only imagine these games are HUGE time sinks.

#37 Haveaquarter  

Haveaquarter

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

As tempted as I am. I know I can't flip this at gamestop for a profit & I'm minimally interested in it. I'll just hold of for when DB fighter Z hits and when Injustice 2 is heavily discounted.

Wasn't Injustice 2 heavily discounted over the holidays?

#38 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   337 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Wasn't Injustice 2 heavily discounted over the holidays?

It was my backlog was too huge & I was shaky on adding onto it. So I’m happy waiting until a complete edition hits at low reasonable price.

#39 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Like everyone's saying, it's a good price, but bad timing. I'll be picking up Dragon Ball FighterZ tomorrow, and I'll probably barely even have time for that.

I am a sucker for a good deal and couldn't pass it up, but yeah with Monster Hunter World I won't be playing this anytime soon, same goes for the copy of Raiden V I bought haha. I am also tempted to pick up Dragon Ball Fighter Z today too, but I may just have to hold off for now. I'll see when I go pick up my Monster Hunter and MVC Infinite orders from Best Buy later. 

#40 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Hadn't played this since launch when I day-one rented it from redbox.  I picked it up yesterday to play the occasional vs match with gf.  It's fun but feels lacking in almost every way, unless the new marvel characters are a huge win to you.  The single player AI is dreadful, I watched as Ultron SIgma blocked and punished every Dante combo I threw at him, then I switched to spider-man and I hit him with simple light combos in the corner for 3/4 of his health before he got a hit in.

Load character select screen, Monster Hunter is DLC...check prices...DLC characters are $8 each and costumes are $4....

They were really obvious with their marketing theme.  Try to get people to pay double the game price by buying every bundle.  Shameless and brazen to the point where I'm not surprised this game bombed.

#41 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6903 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

What's the learning curve on these games? Also is it even worth it if I'm buying to play solo (not online or couch co-op)? I'm thinking of buying MVC3 on PC, but I can only imagine these games are HUGE time sinks.

I'm not a competitive player. I also don't care much for online play when it comes to fighting games, but I enjoyed UMVC 3 for the fan service. It was cool to see characters such as Rocket Racoon and Dr. Strange in the game. If you can handle any of the Street Fighter titles, you will probably be able to play this game. A lot of thumb work - down, down-right, right for fireballs and the like. Online is where the longevity comes in, though, and single player mode will eventually get boring after you play through the story mode with each character. And the new game has fewer characters than UMVC 3 since the X-Men don't make an appearance. No Wolverine makes me sadder than the ending of "Logan." :(

#42 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

If you have a pulse, you can play Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

#43 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Does the deluxe edition come with all current and future dlc or will they release more in future you will not get with the deluxe edition ?

#44 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4213 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hadn't played this since launch when I day-one rented it from redbox.  I picked it up yesterday to play the occasional vs match with gf.  It's fun but feels lacking in almost every way, unless the new marvel characters are a huge win to you.  The single player AI is dreadful, I watched as Ultron SIgma blocked and punished every Dante combo I threw at him, then I switched to spider-man and I hit him with simple light combos in the corner for 3/4 of his health before he got a hit in.

Load character select screen, Monster Hunter is DLC...check prices...DLC characters are $8 each and costumes are $4....

They were really obvious with their marketing theme.  Try to get people to pay double the game price by buying every bundle.  Shameless and brazen to the point where I'm not surprised this game bombed.

Man Monster Hunter is a DLC character! That's who I wanted to play with the most! Oh well, maybe I will get the DLC on sale at some point, not too worried about it.

#45 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Does the deluxe edition come with all current and future dlc or will they release more in future you will not get with the deluxe edition ?

Only the 6 characters released in 2017.

#46 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

The biggest knocks on this was the lack of X-Men characters and the horrible art direction compared to MvC3's cell-shaded, comic-style character models.

When fans compare this to Content of Champions (a mobile app), that's embarrassing.

#47 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Does the character pass have an expiration date .?

#48 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Will they be doing SFV style, 6 char per year for $30 each? If so, I will pass this game as I can't take another one that does this... from the same company no less. lol

#49 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Will they be doing SFV style, 6 char per year for $30 each? If so, I will pass this game as I can't take another one that does this... from the same company no less. lol

It's Capcom, so of course they will.  At least SFV Arcade Edition is a good value for folks jumping into that.  $40 for 12 DLC characters included (Season 1 + Season 2 characters).

Then again, $35 for 8 DLC characters on DBFighterZ is a little ridiculous.

#50 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

It's Capcom, so of course they will.  At least SFV Arcade Edition is a good value for folks jumping into that.  $40 for 12 DLC characters included (Season 1 + Season 2 characters).

Yea, SFVAE is a good deal for new comers but I bought the beta at launch for near full price so yeah, don't really want to buy too many fighting games these days with modern day milking schemes well in place. I now only allow them to milk me 2 fighting games at a time so I must chose them very carefully, preferably one 2D and one 3D. Just got off DOA5 milking train since 2012 as the game has reached end of life. That was some milking from KT btw... estimated $1k spent in those years. Currently, still being milked by SFV so I have room for one more. lol I might wait for SC6 instead and pass anything along the way.

I think the only modern day major fighting game that hasn't had much milking was KOF14. It started with 50 characters and added only 4 for $20, on sale for $10 often. No other bs DLCs too. Based on that, I may pick up SNK's upcoming waifu fighter as it appears to be milking free.

#51 sjc1279   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Www.estarland.com give $40 for marvel vs capcom deluxe edition. I bought both version from bestbuy and took out the season pass and traded in for dragonball fighter z. I spent $80 for marvel vs capcom standard + season pass and dragonball fighter z.

#52 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3571 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

I'm not a competitive player. I also don't care much for online play when it comes to fighting games, but I enjoyed UMVC 3 for the fan service. It was cool to see characters such as Rocket Racoon and Dr. Strange in the game. If you can handle any of the Street Fighter titles, you will probably be able to play this game. A lot of thumb work - down, down-right, right for fireballs and the like. Online is where the longevity comes in, though, and single player mode will eventually get boring after you play through the story mode with each character. And the new game has fewer characters than UMVC 3 since the X-Men don't make an appearance. No Wolverine makes me sadder than the ending of "Logan." :(

Thanks. Also wasn't aware of no X-Men/wolverine in this new one, so I'll definitely be leaning towards MVC3 Ultimate or whatever it called on PC or PS4.

#53 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

Thanks. Also wasn't aware of no X-Men/wolverine in this new one, so I'll definitely be leaning towards MVC3 Ultimate or whatever it called on PC or PS4.

Close: it's Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. The PS4 version has 60 frames per second and higher resolution graphics. I assume the PC does as well (or better). Those are the versions to get, though even on sale, the PS4 version costs nearly as much as Infinite with GCU during this sale. 

#54 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

The biggest knocks on this was the lack of X-Men characters and the horrible art direction compared to MvC3's cell-shaded, comic-style character models.

When fans compare this to Content of Champions (a mobile app), that's embarrassing.

When MVC3 came out, I said "why didn't they just use that awesome engine from the latest Street Fighter?" Those cel-shaded graphics lacked detail compared to SF4. Now with Infinite, I'm still saying  "why didn't they just use that awesome engine from the latest Street Fighter?" 

It's better than $30 for six characters in SFV Season 3 (and the previous seasons, when they were originally released). 

#55 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Now with Infinite, I'm still saying "why didn't they just use that awesome engine from the latest Street Fighter?"

They did use the same engine, Unreal 4. My guess the reason why MVCI looks worse is they had to to keep 60fps. With 4 characters on screen with all the alpha effects, something have to give.

#56 thephoenix112   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

thephoenix112

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

It's better than $30 for six characters in SFV Season 3 (and the previous seasons, when they were originally released). 

Yeah, Capcom is getting a bit ridiculous with their character prices.  Buy the base MvC:I game at full retail?  Better be willing to shell out another $30 for 6 additional characters released only 3 months after the game came out.  Want just one additional costume for each?  Another $30.  Only want one specific character?  $8.

The servers are almost dead.  People gave up on it.  What could have been an amazing game got watered down HARD with capcom being greedy, and churning out a less-than-stellar fighter in a serious golden age of fighting games.

#57 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

I bought the deluxe version that came with a Ryu statue. I am sure it was close to if not $100. I have some DLC but noticed yesterday that I do not have all of the characters in the season passes. That is bull. I think you can unlock characters by completing challenges and beating the game if you put in the time.

#58 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

I have not followed this game very much but i noticed some rumbling in the chat that this game is basicly dead online, is that true .? Does the game have a decent single player campaign to it .? 

#59 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2655 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

Will not support this game.  Also, to those looking for a truly full-fledged fighting game that doesn't try to nickel and dime them, go support Tekken 7 -- that game is amazing.  Opened my copy yesterday -- full fledged arcade mode, story mode, customizeable characters (color, outfits, etc.), unlockable videos and art from EVERY Tekken game ever made (and even unlockable videos/art for weird Tekken ads in Japan -- the cola one is craaazy!), and ALL of it can be unlocked through fight money.  No reason to spend your real money.

Remember there is NO fight money in MvC Infinite -- Capcom is making you pay real money for DLC characters. 

Oh, and Tekken 7 is gorgeous.  Kudos to Bandai-Namco on an amazing release.  Hopefully, the company follows the same route for the Soul Calibur revival.

#60 thephoenix112   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

thephoenix112

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

I have not followed this game very much but i noticed some rumbling in the chat that this game is basicly dead online, is that true .? Does the game have a decent single player campaign to it .? 

For the most part, yes.  The game is getting massively overshadowed by other games and a lot of my friends that are avid fighting game players (I am too) all kind of agree that Capcom's greed with this game was insane.  Roster of 30, and 24 of them were returning characters with almost nothing new to them.  Beloved characters completely removed but characters most didn't care about made it back in.  Want new characters that HAVEN'T been in the series?  Here's 6 characters after 3 months of release for $30.  Only one costume at launch too.  Want a secondary costume?  Prepare to shell out ANOTHER $30.  It's unbalanced in a lot of ways, it doesn't feel like they're giving it the love and focus it needs, etc etc...

I think they thought this would be a platform for more characters but got too greedy with it.  Their DLC is some of the most expensive and to lock out brand new characters behind $30 DLC is a bit of a dick move.

That all said...at this price, it's definitely worth picking up.  I was disappointed with the product at full price, seeing how much and how fast they were kicking out DLC.  Seriously, this game was released in SEPTEMBER.  4 months ago.  I still bought it day one at MSRP and I know that affected my viewpoint.  $15 GCU?  Or just $20 normally?  MUCH better price.  It's a great fighting game, it's fun, we play it at parties all the time and it's not particularly a bad game.  Just bad execution and with what they were asking, the full MSRP price tag was a heavy hit.  Get it at $15 and you'll be happy.