* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 1/28-2/3

#31 Kellax  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

I’m not seeing the Xbox for $189 on the ad.

Yeah it's not in the ad and not currently listed at that price online either. Target has the One S (no game bundle) for 189 and gives you a 50 dollar gift card. Problem is they're sold out of the console online and in stores.

#32 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7837 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Would be all over a Xbox One X if you could get both those promos to stack.

#33 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Please can I have it?

Yes, I’ll DM you the code. Cheers!

#34 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Yes, I’ll DM you the code. Cheers!

Got it. Thank you again. :)

#35 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

I've got the MU8000 and it's phenomenal. I'm actually using it as a computer monitor.

#36 Odinsfury   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Odinsfury

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

I didn't see Rayman Legends in this post, but I saw it in the ad for 19.99 on the Switch.  I might spend some of my $10 credits on it. 

#37 mental_mixtape  

mental_mixtape

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

I've got the MU8000 and it's phenomenal. I'm actually using it as a computer monitor.

That’s the one I’m planning on getting this week from Costco. Get the xtra year warranty and get Squaretrade for a bit more.

The Sony X900E is nice but the extra money takes away from my Monster Hunter PS4 Pro lol

#38 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

The $10 coupons you all received for requesting to pick up an item expires on February 3rd, next Saturday.

I don't think I've received mine yet...I should be getting 2 or 3 of them. 

How/where are they sent to us? Are these codes that are sent via email? Or do they simply get added to our Reward Zone/My Best Buy points?

If I haven't received yet, is there some semblance of customer service either via phone or chat that will actually help with this issue?

#39 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Raymans Legends for $16 after GCU is a good use of one of the $15 codes from $150 gc.

#40 EinCB  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

How/where are they sent to us? Are these codes that are sent via email? Or do they simply get added to our Reward Zone/My Best Buy points?

If I haven't received yet, is there some semblance of customer service either via phone or chat that will actually help with this issue?

You're supposed to receive them via email.

I think your best choice is posting on their forums.

#41 Nelo Ice   Same CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

FYI, for those that still have the $10 savings codes that expire next week, you can buy a BB gift card with them. There isn't anything I want right now, but I didn't want to lose the codes, so I tried them on a gift card today and it worked. The CSR wasn't sure it would work, but we tried, and sure enough, no issues. Figured a gift card won't expire, so I have time to use it on whatever I want.

Thanks for the heads up. Can confirm this works. Cashier scanned my codes with no issues.

#42 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7167 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

Ad has buy 1 get one free on certain blu rays including Baby Driver, Spider-Man Homecoming, and the Fifth Element Steelbook.

#43 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7837 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

According to SD it looks like the free game and the free controller and 3 months of XBL promos do stack with the Xbox One X purchase. I guess if you add on of the select free games manually and not from the promo page it zeros out in the cart after adding the XB1 X, free controller, and 3 month XBL card. 

#44 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2598 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

According to SD it looks like the free game and the free controller and 3 months of XBL promos do stack with the Xbox One X purchase. I guess if you add on of the select free games manually and not from the promo page it zeros out in the cart after adding the XB1 X, free controller, and 3 month XBL card. 

This.  I still had AC Origins in the cart from last week and it is showing $0 even after the other promo is added.

#45 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

So I guess it is working. I’ll be ordering the Xbox X. But which game should I order? I already have wwii, nba, battlefront, shadow of Mordor on PS4. I wish Forza Horizon was the Forza game. Not really interested in Motorsport 7.

#46 Flightwhite24  

Flightwhite24

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

What is the Promo with the free controller? I purchased another X1X last week and received a free game. Would I be able to take my receipt in and get the controller? Thanks in advance

#47 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

What is the Promo with the free controller? I purchased another X1X last week and received a free game. Would I be able to take my receipt in and get the controller? Thanks in advance

It’s a free controller and 3 months of live. Ymmv

When do both promos end?

#48 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

The free game promo seems to have ended. Guess I waited too long.

#49 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Thank you Tyrok. Appreciate the response. No changes mean no rush and a little more obsessing lol

I bought an x900e on black friday and i can assure you it is worth obsessing over.

#50 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8222 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

So the 500GB XBox S for $189.99 isn't really a deal this week right?  Asking for a friend.

#51 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2709 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

You should call them. They took my info and order numbers down and gave me an incident number in case the code don't show up this week.

#52 arcticpanda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

arcticpanda

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

So the 500GB XBox S for $189.99 isn't really a deal this week right? Asking for a friend.

Also curious as to this? Shame, I had just stocked up on bestbuy gift cards from Swagbucks after I saw that it was gonna be $189.

#53 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2709 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

It was on my list of promos for the week but apparently it was fake news. :-

#54 arcticpanda   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

arcticpanda

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

It’s alright, keep up the good work

#55 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

If anyone is worried about input lag on the 900E, don't. I was a little concerned about the 34ms lag but it turns out I don't notice anything different or worse compared to my last set. I tested my wall bouncing in Gears 4 and it's still pretty responsive. If you want to spring for it, I endorse it fully. Once you get the settings down and properly calibrate it, it's a mouth watering picture. I just played AC Origins on it on my XBX and the amount of detail is just astounding.

#56 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

That’s the one I’m planning on getting this week from Costco. Get the xtra year warranty and get Squaretrade for a bit more.

The Sony X900E is nice but the extra money takes away from my Monster Hunter PS4 Pro lol

I spent a lot of time looking at the MU8000 and the X900E and I feel like the MU8000 is the superior TV.  I just never saw an instance where the X900E looked better on display. I'm going to trust my eyes before I trust mathematical reviews where they measure temperature and stuff like that.

#57 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

Still waiting for my codes as well. I contacted their phone support and the person was not helpful at all. Sounded kinda like a passive aggressive broken record lol. The Web chat did offer to do a $30 price adjustment if I placed an order right then, but at the time I couldn't.

#58 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

I spent a lot of time looking at the MU8000 and the X900E and I feel like the MU8000 is the superior TV. I just never saw an instance where the X900E looked better on display. I'm going to trust my eyes before I trust mathematical reviews where they measure temperature and stuff like that.

Go with the 8000

#59 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7837 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Need some advice should I jump now one the xb1 x deal with the free controller and live or wait it out for awhile longer. After all my Xmas BB gift cards I got from family this year I would only be paying $340 out of pocket for it. I do have a perfectly fine xb1 s that I am using currently and also have 2 controllers still in boxes that I haven’t used yet so even the free controller is not that special of a deal to me.

#60 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Need some advice should I jump now one the xb1 x deal with the free controller and live or wait it out for awhile longer. After all my Xmas BB gift cards I got from family this year I would only be paying $340 out of pocket for it. I do have a perfectly fine xb1 s that I am using currently and also have 2 controllers still in boxes that I haven’t used yet so even the free controller is not that special of a deal to me.

Do you have a 4K HDR TV? If the answer is yes then I would jump on this if I were you. I am in a similar boat as you though, minus the gift cards. 

I am personally waiting to buy an Xbox One X after I pay my Best Buy credit card off because I also want to get a new TV along with the One X. I have a 4K TV currently, but it doesn't have HDR and I have a PS4 Pro so I have not felt a need to get the One X with the lack of exclusives on the One right now and Cuphead looks just fine on my OG Xbox One.