Rayman Legends Definitive Edition $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

Ah, bought it during BF for $20, still haven't opened it. Oh well. This is gonna keep happening in my 100+ backlog.

Ah, bought it during BF for $20, still haven't opened it. Oh well. This is gonna keep happening in my 100+ backlog.
Come on, that's not enough to be considered a backlog. For a real CAG, the bare minimum is 500 :) You're not even close.

And yes, I'm just playing with you, man.

Having a kid, wife, full time job, & buying games because of CAG = massive backlog (thousands, no joke). But I don't mind. Collecting is as much fun as playing the games.

Oh, and Rayman Legends is a fun platformer. Great buy at this price.

It was pretty awesome on Xbox 360 when I owned. It was a blast play single player or collaboratively. This a steal for that title!

Rayman Legends is an insanely good game, one of the best platformers of all time in my opinion. It has gorgeous graphics, really tight controls, steep but fair difficulty, and lots of charm and personality. And it has couch co-op which is great.

Reviews point to the Switch version as inferior to every version that's come before it, in more ways than one. I'd recommend checking out reviews before buying, or get it on any other system before this one unless you really need it to be portable. (Or lack any other system it's available on.)

I got it on black Friday for $20 and it's great. Haven't played the other versions so can't compare but there's a ton of content and it plays great and portability is a must for a game like this in my opinion. I beat rayman origins on vita.

Reviews point to the Switch version as inferior to every version that's come before it, in more ways than one. I'd recommend checking out reviews before buying, or get it on any other system before this one unless you really need it to be portable. (Or lack any other system it's available on.)
There were some frame rate issues in the switch version, but I believe they have now been patched. I think that is what the majority of early bad reviews were based on.

It’s been patched, it’s good to always check to see if the game has received updates before critiquing a game for issues like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I still have my Wii U version sealed that I bought for $12.

Does the switch version have any extra content? Might pick up this one and sell my Wii U version since I'm too lazy to hook up my Wii U just for Rayman.

Come on, that's not enough to be considered a backlog. For a real CAG, the bare minimum is 500 :) You're not even close.

And yes, I'm just playing with you, man.
You gotta pump those numbers up! Those are rookie numbers.
Agreed, my backlog for the DS alone is at 100+. LOL
Oh right, forgot to account for my 3DS and Vita. It'd push me past 200+, but that's probably still rookie numbers. :)

I believe the consensus is that the Wii U version is still the optimal one.  Keep in mind it was originally made for that platform and, thus, has Game Pad functionality and the like.

I think I still have my Wii U version sealed that I bought for $12.

Does the switch version have any extra content? Might pick up this one and sell my Wii U version since I'm too lazy to hook up my Wii U just for Rayman.
All of the characters that were once exclusive to each platform now come together on Switch. Also exclusive to Nintendo Switch, the Kung Foot experience now offers a Solo Mode and a Tournament Mode for pitting up to eight teams against each other. You can also connect two consoles for playing in local co-op.

Great game! One of the few games I have bought multiple times. I paid $10 for Vita and $5 for Xbox One.
Yeah, I bought it on WiiU, Vita and PS4. Still deciding whether or not to get a Switch copy though it is good that it has gone on sale for $20 a few times now.

Yeah, I bought it on WiiU, Vita and PS4. Still deciding whether or not to get a Switch copy though it is good that it has gone on sale for $20 a few times now.
Same here, I also have a digital copy on Xbox One. Figured what the hell for this price though and ordered it for Switch too.

I’ve come to the realization that my digital backlog is way worse than a physical one. I have close to 400 PSN (PS4) games alone, and without them being physically in view, it’s hard as hell to decide (and see) which one to play next.

I’ve come to the realization that my digital backlog is way worse than a physical one. I have close to 400 PSN (PS4) games alone, and without them being physically in view, it’s hard as hell to decide (and see) which one to play next.
Well that's debatable. My physical collection fills 14 cabinets (most 2-3 rows deep) ranging from 4 ft tall to 6 ft tall. That doesn't count two closets filled to the door where you have to empty items to get to the stuff in the back or sides. Already out of room before any of the multiple preorders I have coming this year. Collecting games, what a first world problem. LOL

I ordered a copy for in-store pickup, but now I am debating on actually picking it up since I have it on so many other consoles already. I also know it will sit in the backlog, but I also know I am more likely to play it on Switch than I am on my Wii U or Vita. I guess I have 5 days to pick it up or get a refund. 

I ordered a copy for in-store pickup, but now I am debating on actually picking it up since I have it on so many other consoles already. I also know it will sit in the backlog, but I also know I am more likely to play it on Switch than I am on my Wii U or Vita. I guess I have 5 days to pick it up or get a refund.
I am in the exact same situation. Don't know what to do

I am in the exact same situation. Don't know what to do
I am leaning towards not picking it up because like the other versions of the game I think this will only get cheaper and I'd feel a lot better about the purchase at $10 or less.

I think I paid $10 for it on Wii U and $5 on Vita. From what I've read the Wii U version remains the best version of the game too.

I am leaning towards not picking it up because like the other versions of the game I think this will only get cheaper and I'd feel a lot better about the purchase at $10 or less.

I think I paid $10 for it on Wii U and $5 on Vita. From what I've read the Wii U version remains the best version of the game too.
Spent $10 on Vita and $15 on Wii U. Both were great, but the Wii U Version I felt was the best.

If you bought from BB on Black Friday, extended holiday return policy allows for price matching. Today is the last day for Elite, while Elite Plus will have - assuming it stays on sale and in stock - the rest of the week (and up to Feb. 13).

Anyone know where i can find the PS4 version for cheap because it seems like it’s hard to find and Gamestop sells it for close to $40 preowned?

Spent $10 on Vita and $15 on Wii U. Both were great, but the Wii U Version I felt was the best.
A point to consider - both the Vita and Wii U were DOA systems that didn't get a lot of support after their initial period. As such, the value of games for the systems tended to drop faster than normal, especially for a Nintendo product. I'm sure the prices you paid for Rayman Legends were, in part, due to these context.

The Switch, on the other hand, is selling like hotcakes and sales on its games have been few and far between...at rather modest discounts (if at all...they are often excluded from sales). It's possible that this is just another manifestation of the first-year effect, but I don't recall seeing it quite so pronounced for other systems in the same comparable timeframe. For what it's worth, this observation is coming from someone that's been fairly closely attuned to the video game market since the mid-90s.

I'd guess that few Switch games will bottom-out at/near the same level of other 'clearance' software, especially the quality and highly-reviewed products like Rayman. With this in mind, I could justify spending $16 for a portable title - it probably won't go much lower for a physical copy.

TL;DR - I picked up my copy and I'm sure I'll get $16 of enjoyment out of it.

A point to consider - both the Vita and Wii U were DOA systems that didn't get a lot of support after their initial period. As such, the value of games for the systems tended to drop faster than normal, especially for a Nintendo product. I'm sure the prices you paid for Rayman Legends were, in part, due to these context.

The Switch, on the other hand, is selling like hotcakes and sales on its games have been few and far between...at rather modest discounts (if at all...they are often excluded from sales). It's possible that this is just another manifestation of the first-year effect, but I don't recall seeing it quite so pronounced for other systems in the same comparable timeframe. For what it's worth, this observation is coming from someone that's been fairly closely attuned to the video game market since the mid-90s.

I'd guess that few Switch games will bottom-out at/near the same level of other 'clearance' software, especially the quality and highly-reviewed products like Rayman. With this in mind, I could justify spending $16 for a portable title - it probably won't go much lower for a physical copy.

TL;DR - I picked up my copy and I'm sure I'll get $16 of enjoyment out of it.
I agree that the game is absolutely worth $16. My reasoning behind not picking it up is that I already have the game on multiple platforms and know this will sit on my shelf for awhile.

Also while it may not get cheaper than this, I believe it will be this price again.

bread's done
Back