Wireless Router Recommendations

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. But my 8 year old router consistently stops broadcasting my N network so I want to get a new one. It's a netgear (WNDR3300 if you feel like looking, or might possibly have a fix) and I think I had similar problems with my router before but that was around 7 years ago so my memory isn't the best.

Anyways, I don't need anything crazy but I do need 4 LAN ports (I connect the TV and my consoles directly). And something with a moderate range, my current N network when it worked consistently was only about 30 ft but possibly warped due to the location I have to keep the router in. I've looked around at a bunch of different brands/models but can't decide on which one to get. Thanks for any help.

The R7000 Nighthawk, a little older, but its what I upgraded too after my WNDR3300 died. and Oh man! what a difference, HUGE gain in signal strength and coverage for me. but i only have a one story house. but man..Ive got my PC and Xbox directly connected as well as feeding my apple tv and kids ipads as well as my ipad and phone as well as the wife's and no issues. def would recommend.

The R7000 Nighthawk, a little older, but its what I upgraded too after my WNDR3300 died. and Oh man! what a difference, HUGE gain in signal strength and coverage for me. but i only have a one story house. but man..Ive got my PC and Xbox directly connected as well as feeding my apple tv and kids ipads as well as my ipad and phone as well as the wife's and no issues. def would recommend.
Thanks, it was on sale at BB so I picked it up about an hour ago and already setup and reconnected all my devices. Can definitely tell a speed difference already.

I can suggest Linksys AC1900 Dual Band. Based on my own experiene it's the best router I ever had. I bought it a few months ago and during all this time the Internet dropped only once. But I quickly solved the problem using these instructions 192-168-1-1.one. As it turned out the problem was caused by wrong browser settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back