* - - - - 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 2/4-2/10

#91 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

The fact that I woke up and drove to the store as soon as they opened on release day should've been enough to secure a copy. The fact you basically had to pre-order to get it is fucking bullshit!

So if you wanted it, why did you not pre order?

#92 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

No luck at my Best Buy. I’m going to remain optimistic and hope Sony prints a few more copies. If anything, I’ll just give up and wait for BF for the vanilla game to go on sale.

#93 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

No luck at my Best Buy. I’m going to remain optimistic and hope Sony prints a few more copies. If anything, I’ll just give up and wait for BF for the vanilla game to go on sale.

you’re talking about SoTC?

Just buy it. It’s alrrady $40, $32 with GCU if you have it. It’s worth every penny at $50-$60, let alone $40. At the most you’ll save $20 maybe on Black Friday

SotC had a ridiculously long period of selling well on ps2 so I doubt it goes on sale often before the holidays imo. Wait on sale if you want but it’s 100% worth it

#94 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Why are people bitching about a limited item being limited? Pre orders were up for a good amount.

#95 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

At least it's not " Nintendo hard " to get a hold of lol
It could be the majoras mask 3ds and limited edition game difficulty

#96 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

Seems like the Sea of Thieves XB1 controller is shipping from at least the Microsoft store already. Is there some reason BB isn’t shipping them out until next week? Does anyone know why? Thx.

#97 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

I actually just ordered the SE edition of SOTC about 5 minutes ago from Amazon at $50 but it is out of stock currently. What are the odds I’ll actually get a copy lol?

#98 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

So if you wanted it, why did you not pre order?

To be fair the pre-order window for the SE wasn't big. I tried to pre-order it a month ago at Best Buy and it was unable to.

I actually just ordered the SE edition of SOTC about 5 minutes ago from Amazon at $50 but it is out of stock currently. What are the odds I’ll actually get a copy lol?

Chances are slim, at least of getting it within the next week. From what I have gathered outside of online orders most stores didn't have many pre-orders, to begin with on the SE and no one got extras outside of the pre-orders. The Gamestop by my house said they got one for a pre-order and didn't receive additional and they don't have any shipping to them currently either. 

I think Sony underestimated how popular the SE would be and considering that it's such a cheap SE I could see more being printed. 

#99 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

To be fair the pre-order window for the SE wasn't big. I tried to pre-order it a month ago at Best Buy and it was unable to.

Chances are slim, at least of getting it within the next week. From what I have gathered outside of online orders most stores didn't have many pre-orders, to begin with on the SE and no one got extras outside of the pre-orders. The Gamestop by my house said they got one for a pre-order and didn't receive additional and they don't have any shipping to them currently either. 

I think Sony underestimated how popular the SE would be and considering that it's such a cheap SE I could see more being printed. 

It came back in stock today at gamestop as well. Its always rare to find anything at Gamestop on release since they always seem to have 1 sent to every store. Which I feel like they try to create fake scarce hype for games to make it seem like its rare. This will most likely keep popping in and out of stock on Amazon and Gamestop. 

#100 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3303 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

Bought a couple games from Best Buy that came in slip cases with things such as art books inside, and they came in a bubble mailer and were beat to hell. Not only that, but at least one of the games is loose as often happens with PS4 games. Not sure if I should return them since they're shipping only and it'd probably happen again. I don't care if standard games come in bubble mailers, but putting limited edition sets is a horrible idea.

#101 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Limited production means that if consumers agree that the limited thing is sought after, producers can maximize the price. Lower supply and higher demand each contribute to higher prices. And when you have both, you're king.

Cough big pharma cough

#102 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:17 AM

Has anyone actually seen the batman Gotham by gaslight special edition? I'm curious on how big the book is in it.

#103 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

I have the special edition.

Book is pretty darn small, but supposedly has the full Gotham by Gaslight graphic novel. HC too.

#104 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

I have the special edition.

Book is pretty darn small, but supposedly has the full Gotham by Gaslight graphic novel. HC too.

Would you recommend that over the target steelbook?

#105 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

i don't know...steelbook is glossy and has nice artwork..plus cheaper by a few dollars.

only reason I got the giftset is because I never read the original graphic novel, and I wanted it on the cheap side, otherwise I would have gotten the sb

#106 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

I received a cryptic email with a 5 dollar code from best buy today. It said happy unbirthday or something, whatever that means.

#107 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

alice in wonderland lol

#108 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

Anyone having trouble ordering from bestbuy.com? I get up to the final screen and can’t confirm order

#109 BasilZero   Conqueror CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

Around the Holiday it was on sale, but it really hasn't been on sale since. It's an amazing game though and I recommend picking it up when you can before it goes out of print. 

It went out of print everywhere.

Thankfully, my local Frys had their other store from a nearby city ship it over and held it for me - bought it yesterday, so happy :D