Xbox game pass $5/month - can buy multiple (ymmv?)

So you buy a month at full price and then it gives you the option to buy one at half price? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

It looks like it is targeted. You should just be able to buy one month for 4.99 and then keep buying additional months for 4.99 after that. Seems like it was only intended for one month to be half off

Thanks for this! Kept waiting for the ad to show up on my dashboard but the link worked perfectly, and a buddy had just given me $15 in Xbox cash for my bday. 90 cents out of pocket for 3 months? Works for me!

I still have my one month code that came with my One X, so I didn't buy into this. Sounds like I could redeem it and then buy in at half off for as many months as they'll sell me, yeah?

I still have my one month code that came with my One X, so I didn't buy into this. Sounds like I could redeem it and then buy in at half off for as many months as they'll sell me, yeah?
If you think you're gonna use it, sounds like a good plan. Doesn't seem like crazy sales/deals on it come along too often unless you're hardcore into Bing rewards, and even then it's supposedly hit or miss. Half off is good and so far I've been enjoying the variety of games available. Also works with game share if that's a thing you do.

If you think you're gonna use it, sounds like a good plan. Doesn't seem like crazy sales/deals on it come along too often unless you're hardcore into Bing rewards, and even then it's supposedly hit or miss. Half off is good and so far I've been enjoying the variety of games available. Also works with game share if that's a thing you do.
I've got plenty of Bing credits, and was planning on redeeming them for a year of Game Pass when Sea of Thieves came out. But they recently removed the Year option from rewards. Could be they just "sold out" after the first party game announcement and it will be back. Could be it's 1 and 3 month only from here on out. It's a gamble.

I had a bunch of XBL credit and snagged 4 months worth (June 8).  I got Sea of Thieves covered and hopefully Crackdown 3 and or State of Decay 2 will come out in May.  Also hoping MS adds some more good stuff each month.

I had a bunch of XBL credit and snagged 4 months worth (June 8). I got Sea of Thieves covered and hopefully Crackdown 3 and or State of Decay 2 will come out in May. Also hoping MS adds some more good stuff each month.
Sorry this is mildly off topic, but are you allowed to buy with credit? I went to renew my subscription with credit (I have plenty) in the hopes that maybe this deal would become available for me and I could stock up on more months for $5. It refuses to use anything but a credit card. Chat support just said I can't use store credit either. I'll certainly be having another chat with them if others are using store credit to buy Game Pass.

I'd really like in on this deal, especially being new to Xbox and getting access to a lot of games I have never had the chance to play before.

Sorry this is mildly off topic, but are you allowed to buy with credit? I went to renew my subscription with credit (I have plenty) in the hopes that maybe this deal would become available for me and I could stock up on more months for $5. It refuses to use anything but a credit card. Chat support just said I can't use store credit either. I'll certainly be having another chat with them if others are using store credit to buy Game Pass.

I'd really like in on this deal, especially being new to Xbox and getting access to a lot of games I have never had the chance to play before.
I just used $15 in XBL credit to purchase. Did it on a computer via the link in the OP, not by doing the “manage my subscription” or whatever. Definitely worth a shot.

If I haven't used my free trial yet, would buying this negate that?
Yes, you can’t use your free trial (if it’s the one that comes with the X or a similar one) after you’ve already purchased one. AFAIK, you can’t use the 14 day one either. I’d say sign up for the free trial, then click the link and see if you’re still eligible. If so, extra months for less. It not, enjoy the free trial and wait for the next $1/month sale.

I just used $15 in XBL credit to purchase. Did it on a computer via the link in the OP, not by doing the “manage my subscription” or whatever. Definitely worth a shot.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give it another try and if it doesn't take I'll certainly be bugging support again.

Yes, you can use XBL credit if you buy online on the web site (at least on a PC do not know about phones). When you pay it will show you your available credit and also you must pick a backup source for future renewals in case you run out of credit (I selected my standard credit card). You can always turn off auto-renewal before then. If you do not see your available credit make sure you are actually logged in under your MS/XBL account.

You'll lose access to your Xbox Game Pass subscription on February 6, 2019, when we don't automatically renew it.

Thank you, these def stack and can get at least a year. Nice deal!

If I haven't used my free trial yet, would buying this negate that?
I've bought 2 months already when it was a dollar each and my free 14 day trial is still available.

Unfortunately, this shows up as 9.99 for me. I wonder if it's because they keep offering me to renew at 19.98 for 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind, it's apparently a targeted promo that's not targeted at me... Bummer.

$9.99 for me :(

I've bought 2 months already when it was a dollar each and my free 14 day trial is still available.

Unfortunately, this shows up as 9.99 for me. I wonder if it's because they keep offering me to renew at 19.98 for 3 months.
Keep checking back. When this started several days ago, some people got $5 1 month offers and some got 19.98 3 month offers. I got the 3 month offer. Kept checking back and it was the same until today when I got offered the 1 month for $5 offer.

Wait, gamepass was $1 a month before?  Was this a one time thing?  I wasn't hip to gamepass at the time but it's a great deal now that all first party M$ games will be on it. 

Does anyone know if you share the gamepass games with the person you gameshare with?
I’m pretty sure it works.

I’m new to bing rewards myself, but for the past two months I’ve been able to get enough points to get a GamePass sub for each month. My plan is to just keep up with it and always have GamePass for free. Am I missing something? I’m actually tempted to just get the 12 month Xbox Live for 21k.

We have to have an active subscription (either paid or trial) to see the $5 price, right?  If so, looks like the perfect time to redeem the 3 month trial that came with my X.  Don't want to redeem though if it's still gonna say $10

We have to have an active subscription (either paid or trial) to see the $5 price, right? If so, looks like the perfect time to redeem the 3 month trial that came with my X. Don't want to redeem though if it's still gonna say $10
Do all Xbox one Xs come with a 3 month code? I thought the one in the X I bought last week only had a 1 month?

I never had gamepass yet and it's showing for 9.99 for me after I sign in.

I have a xbox one x but it's still in the box. I wonder what actually activates this $5/month offer.

Have you guys tried the link in the OP? Even if it says 9.99 for a month once you click on the price (like you’re adding it to your cart sort of) I think you’ll see the 4.99.

Does anyone know if you share the gamepass games with the person you gameshare with?
Game share works fine. My fiancé has downloaded a few games already. Best way I’ve found is have the non-subscribed person just search for the game rather than going through the GamePass list, but honestly should work either way. Just make sure it says “Install” right on the game’s page.

I just put my 1 month free trial in from my X and it now shows the price as 9.99 so its a no go for me. Was worth a shot though. Thanks.

It appears dead- worked for me last night at $5, but now shows $9.99. Some must've hit the wrong button.
I was sitting on a one month code from my X. I checked last night before redeeming it and had the $5 option. I redeemed the code, got an extra month for putting auto renewal on for now, so I was good until April 8th before checking again. I went back to the link in the OP and it still had the $5 option so I bought 3 more months. When I go there now it's still there so I just bought another month.

Weird that it would be so all over the place with no rhyme or reason to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it at home this morning, no go. Tried it just now at work again, no go. Went all the way to checkout, 9.99/.month

Has anyone thats never been signed up to gamepass getting the deal? Wondering if you need to be signed up now or previously to get it.

Has anyone thats never been signed up to gamepass getting the deal? Wondering if you need to be signed up now or previously to get it.
It's either random or Microsoft has some sort of logic that we don't quite know yet. I was in a party last night and asked everyone to check. One guy and I both had Game Pass in the past; I had the $5 deal show up, but he didn't. Then out of the other 3 people in the party, none of whom ever had GP before, only 1 of them saw the $5 deal while the other 2 didn't get it.

I was sitting on a one month code from my X. I checked last night before redeeming it and had the $5 option. I redeemed the code, got an extra month for putting auto renewal on for now, so I was good until April 8th before checking again. I went back to the link in the OP and it still had the $5 option so I bought 3 more months. When I go there now it's still there so I just bought another month.

Weird that it would be so all over the place with no rhyme or reason to it.
I did the same thing this morning: redeemed my one month One X code, got the bonus for auto-renewal and then four more at $5 each. 6 months for $10 out of pocket plus the $10 credit I got from the glitched $5 Bing reward cert last week. That should tide me over. Thanks OP!

I am using the 3 month code that came with my Taco Bell Xbox One X prize and only see it for $9.99 :(

Really wish it would show up for $4.99 as I would jump on that. Do I just keep trying to refresh the page?

bread's done
Back