* * * - - 3 votes

Xbox game pass $5/month - can buy multiple (ymmv?)

#91 Strider Turbulence   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   6533 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:23 AM

One of the NBA  2k games left as well, and replaced by a newer version.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

Stop wasting your money on videogames and sign up at prizerebel! Just do some simple and short surveys and in a couple of weeks time, you'll have enough credit to buy a $60 release! Or PSN/Xbox credit. Why pay money to fund your hoarding addiction when you can do it for freeeee!!!

#92 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Got one for $3.50 If somebody wants it and can't get the promo

#93 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

<p>

Only two games have ever left at this point, and MS made it clear a month ahead of their leaving (and one was replaced by a newer version of it). So it's a bit hard to guess/tell how it'll get handled long term when there's no real pattern to follow at this time.

• WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (Xbox One)

Ok, I appreciate the info. You’d think they’d eventually develop some sort of pattern as I can’t imagine just continuing to add games without removing some others.

I’ve got to say, as an old timer from the days when you’d buy a NES game for $40-$50 and that’s what you had to play for a month — or more — the value of modern gaming is incredible...a library of 170 games of NES+ quality for less than $10 a month? Wow.

#94 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1855 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view which games are leaving the service well ahead of time? That would help plan which games to prioritize to play first.

If you click on a Game Pass game there will be an expiration date for the "20% off" discount to own the game. We can probably assume that is when the game is currently expected to leave the collection. I would ignore the dates on the MS published games though. They will likely always be available just like Netflix originals. :D

#95 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5108 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

Only two games have ever left at this point, and MS made it clear a month ahead of their leaving (and one was replaced by a newer version of it). So it's a bit hard to guess/tell how it'll get handled long term when there's no real pattern to follow at this time.

• WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (Xbox One)
No, that's not true. Everyone always says that because that's what Microsoft says, but they removed Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara without announcing it. There might have been another game I can't remember, but it wasn't announced either.

#96 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Eligible for deal, but still more expensive than what I paid for for Halo, Gears, Rare Replay, etc combined. And then most of the 360 “arcade”/indie games I bought during that big sale that happened a month or so before game pass launched. Bunch of key games were PS+ freebies too.

So yeah, Sea or Thieves and Crackdown coming to the service are kinda essential to make it worth it, and on one hand you’d think $60 a year we’ll thats what you’d be paying for Sea or Thieves anyway, but for Cags, more like $15.99 GCU three months later... which can be traded in for a profit another month after that at GS. And so on and so on.

#97 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

Tried game pass with the $1 deal last month. I thought it was pretty good. I had a lot of snow days to get some games in and played a lot of the indie games I never would have bought or played had it not been for gamepass. Downloaded a few other games Ive been wanting to play or try.

Bought 3-4 months worth with the $5 deal and may buy more if it stays on longer. Really anticipating Sea of Thieves and playing through a few games that are on my list now. Will see how they go and wait for State of Decay

If you are on the fence I would suggest gamepass. Especially if you are like me and swaying back and forth between playing/buying some indie games

#98 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

Signed up for 14 months worth. Thanks op

#99 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:18 AM

It let me play through Metal Slug XX without having to buy it, so Gamepass has got that going for it. I couldn't get the half off deal, but I did get a couple of months just for buying an Xbox One, so there's that.

#100 chrispoele  

chrispoele

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:04 AM

signed up for 6 month ! thx :-D

#101 pdwayne   There is no 'I' in "TEAM", but there is a & CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Got one for $3.50 If somebody wants it and can't get the promo

PM sent

Nintendo Network ID: Dwayne    (yes, I actually got my first name!)

Xbox Live: bco

Currently playing: Halo 5 multiplayer, a lot!

#102 voormis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

I had the option just the other day for $5 a month...now it's gone.  Oh well.  Still a great deal at $10.

#103 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

I had the option just the other day for $5 a month...now it's gone.  Oh well.  Still a great deal at $10.

That's odd, it still shows up for me.

#104 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1855 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

I don't see it anymore even though I bought 9 months worth earlier this week.

#105 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

Just to confirm, once I've signed in it would show the price when I select Xbox Game Pass 1 Month? Currently showing $9.99 for me. Will probably just wait until Sea of Thieves launches to do my 14 day trial and decide from there.

#106 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

If I purchase this, does it start immediately or do they send a code to redeem? I want to get in on game pass when those new 1st party titles hit, but not right now.

#107 Wrectifyy  

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

I don't see it anymore even though I bought 9 months worth earlier this week.

I bought some last night for the first time and it is still showing up for me tonight. Maybe there is a limited amount of time it is available to each account once someone makes the first purchase? Who knows.

Just to confirm, once I've signed in it would show the price when I select Xbox Game Pass 1 Month? Currently showing $9.99 for me. Will probably just wait until Sea of Thieves launches to do my 14 day trial and decide from there.

Correct, if you have been targeted for the promotion, it would show up with $9.99 crossed out and a $5.00 price replacing it. Sorry man, it is not populating for you, I don't know why companies do targeted promotions, either do it for everyone or no one. It alienates as many people as it can attract.

If I purchase this, does it start immediately or do they send a code to redeem? I want to get in on game pass when those new 1st party titles hit, but not right now.

It starts immediately, it is a subscription tied to your account, so there is no code sent.

#108 Bash  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

A little late, but just wanted to let others know that this deal can still be had(possibly). I only had the 3 months for 20 offer showing up until I used my free 14 day trial(then it disappeared). During the last week it kept telling me "less than 7 days remaining", but on the last days it started popping up with the 50% off deal. It said for 3 days only (on the dashboard) and after I bought 1 it wouldn't let me buy more unless I used the online site. I ended up buying 3 months for Sea of Thieves. ☺