Nintendo Switch Sale @ Walmart/Amazon - Pro Controller $50, Dock Set $60, Joy-Con $62, Super Mario Odyssey $48.66

kobe92

CAGiversary!
Walmart is having a sale on a lot of accessories and video games:

Amazon Price Match so far:

Google Express 20% Off First Purchase:

Few of Walmart items are also available on Google Express. You can get 20% Off Your First Purchase (Up to $20) using code GOSHOP20

Biggest and best prices so far for all items listed above  :D/  :D/  :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to buy another pro controller at that price even though I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use both at the same time.

What's this dpad issue I'm hearing too?

=|

I literally bought the pink/green controllers today at TRU, I roughly got it for the same price after coupons, need to see it I can pm

Tempted to buy another pro controller at that price even though I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use both at the same time.

The d-pad has a tendency to trigger ghost inputs. For example you hit left and it might register a left and up. This isn't an issue for most games but it makes puyo puyo tetris unplayable. Other than that I have noticed some random botw inputs. Basically, it is a design flaw that occurs in every controller.

The new Xenoblade controller didn't fix it either like some people seem to think.

fucking Nintendo forced motion/gyro controls in some (if not all) games. Playing Mario Odyssey you can't even do the full action set and thus some power moons can't even be had if you're using the PowerA wired controller. You have to use the joycons to shake or do some other stupid movement.

How many of you really had issues with the dpad? I was excited about this but now I'm hesitant to pick it up. I was waiting for 50 on it.

I haven't noticed any issues with my pro controller, but I haven't used it extensively

I would recommend it, the joycons aren't bad, but it feels much more comfortable imo

How many of you really had issues with the dpad? I was excited about this but now I'm hesitant to pick it up. I was waiting for 50 on it.
Only issue was with launch controllers, all newer ones have not had any issue. I have a launch one and only notice the d-pad issue every once in a while, not bad enough to ever send in or exchange.

I can understand having another Pro Controller for two player games, but why would anybody need another dock station when the system automatically comes with one?

I can understand having another Pro Controller for two player games, but why would anybody need another dock station when the system automatically comes with one?
Hook up to multiple TVs in the house, conveniently move from one room to the other. Or between houses. My buddy bought an extra because he shares custody of his kid, one for each house. Saw someone on here does that as well. Mostly a convenience thing.

I notice it a lot in Xenoblade. Pressing down taunts an enemy while the other direction pulls up game info. I'd say maybe 30% of the time when I press down, it reads left or right instead. It might really create problems in fighting games. I'd advise you check out the Mayflash Switch adapter on Amazon for $25. I bought one. Works great. Allows you to connect any other controller to your switch - ps3, 360, Xb1, PS4, wii u pro controller.. :D it's amazing, mang. It's programmed to map everything almost identical to the actual switch pro controller. One difference is that to take a screen shot with the PS4 controller for instance, you would press the touch pad.

I got my original dock on the TV in the living room but I also put one in the workout room so I can slay Prinnies in Disgaea while getting rid of my tank gut on the treadmill. :D just convenience factor of not having to disassemble everything to connect it elsewhere. You just have to adjust the screen size each time you change docks.

Hook up to multiple TVs in the house, conveniently move from one room to the other. Or between houses. My buddy bought an extra because he shares custody of his kid, one for each house. Saw someone on here does that as well. Mostly a convenience thing.
Ok, that makes complete sense. Thanks.

Ordered the pro controller earlier from amazon with my stash of credit and rewards. Ordered the dock for $48 from Walmart through google checkout.

Edit- free same day shipping on the controller too :)

The dock is great, it's ingenious on Nintendo's behalf honestly. I own 2 switches and these docks let my family move thier gaming from room to room with ease. I'm not a fan of constantly unplugging cords, the HDMI ports always suffer in the long run. It's the same reason I use those Nyko Power Blocks on all my controllers. You'll never have to touch the charging ports again, considerably extending thier lifespans. Buy a Pro controller for your switch and you'll stop giving the JoyCons the unnecessary wear & tear on the lock that eventually causes them to slip off.

Even at $60 that seems egregious for just the dock. Waiting on more portable 3rd party options for traveling anyway.

Thanks for the info on the pro controller. I'll research it some more to see if it's been fixed in the later batches of the controller. Never noticed the issue on mine since i rarely use the dpad and preferred the dpad arrows of the joycon for puyo puyo Tetris.

Remove guts from dock, insert into mini shell. Portable mini dock that can still be used with a case on the system.

Official dock is like 95% plastic.. the guts inside is pretty much just a 2x2 square really, super overkill.

FYI check out this thread https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/366597-20-off-google-express-ie-4800-nintendo-docking-station-4959-neon-greenpink-joycon-controllers-legos-books-etc/

extra 20% off (if you've never used google express anyway)

Remove guts from dock, insert into mini shell. Portable mini dock that can still be used with a case on the system.

Official dock is like 95% plastic.. the guts inside is pretty much just a 2x2 square really, super overkill.

FYI check out this thread https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/366597-20-off-google-express-ie-4800-nintendo-docking-station-4959-neon-greenpink-joycon-controllers-legos-books-etc/

extra 20% off (if you've never used google express anyway)
interesting.....

I have had the pro controller since launch and have never had an issue and I've played puyo puyo and almost 100 hours of Zelda with it not to mention all the other games. I think it's over blown much like the joy con issue at launch.

I have had the pro controller since launch and have never had an issue and I've played puyo puyo and almost 100 hours of Zelda with it not to mention all the other games. I think it's over blown much like the joy con issue at launch.
same boat. i think puyo is the game i used D-pad on the most, and didn't have any problems

The only time I've noticed any issue is when playing Fire Emblem Heroes. When pressing right to zoom in on the map, it will sometimes switch characters instead. Haven't noticed any issues in any other game.

Thanks OP! Ended up ordering a Pro Controller! I'm considering doing the Google Express Coupon w/ Mario Odyssey as well :) Much appreciated

I notice it a lot in Xenoblade. Pressing down taunts an enemy while the other direction pulls up game info. I'd say maybe 30% of the time when I press down, it reads left or right instead. It might really create problems in fighting games. I'd advise you check out the Mayflash Switch adapter on Amazon for $25. I bought one. Works great. Allows you to connect any other controller to your switch - ps3, 360, Xb1, PS4, wii u pro controller.. :D it's amazing, mang. It's programmed to map everything almost identical to the actual switch pro controller. One difference is that to take a screen shot with the PS4 controller for instance, you would press the touch pad.
I thought the switch already had native support for that? Unless of course you just hook it up the adapter itself and don't have to connect those controllers up via USB.

Dude, I had no idea such a device existed. Thanks so much.

I thought the switch already had native support for that? Unless of course you just hook it up the adapter itself and don't have to connect those controllers up via USB.
I believe you can use GameCube controllers on switch if you own the wii u adapter but nothing else works.

To sync controllers with the mayflash adapter with the console you need to plug them in for a few seconds but after that you can use them wirelessly.

I believe you can use GameCube controllers on switch if you own the wii u adapter but nothing else works.

To sync controllers with the mayflash adapter with the console you need to plug them in for a few seconds but after that you can use them wirelessly.
I was sorta confused, but then realized that if the adapter allows wireless connectivity then I see how it would be useful (as you can otherwise use other controllers natively, but they have to be connected via USB). Using a PowerA wired switch controller, the wire is definitely getting annoying to deal with. Sorta annoyed I wasted money on it, as I wasn't aware at the time switch supports all those other controllers.

This is a great deal for the pro controller and I made a terrible mistake. I saw that Amazon price matched it so instead of buying it on sight I figured I could get it from Wal-Mart. I go to one Wal-Mart and they were sold out of it.

I go over a friend's house leaving around 11 p.m. and I go to another WM. Unfortunately on Amazon the controller was only being sold by third party sellers by this time. The WM I go to has plenty of pro controllers so I ask the sales associate to do a price check and he hesitantly grabs the controller out of the glass case even though he points out that the controller is $69.

Thankfully before he came up to me I downloaded the WM app which says the price is $49. For some reason he can't ring it out because the register was closed or some other random reason so I have to follow another sales associate who takes the controller up to the front registers and hands it off to another sales associate.

At this time I'm behind two people who were rang up fairly quick and no one was behind me in line at the time. The associate tries to ring it up and it comes up as $69 plus tax forcing me to explain the price on the app.

She asks for a manger as she didn't know how to price match and there was a guy behind me in line with nothing in his hands so I ask the cashier to ring him out. Unfortunately the guy wanted to put money on his rush card or whatever money card he had and the cashier didn't know how to do this either. By this time more people start to come in line.

The manger comes over and observes the app and thankfully authorizes it. However the delay continues as the cashier still had problems ringing it up. By then I'm still standing there looking at people mean mugging because it's starting to take too long and only one lane is open.

Another associate comes and opens up another lane and basically all but one person gets out of line behind me. The price match goes through, I get the pro controller for a system I don't own yet and I get to look like an asshole for holding up the line around midnight. But I saved $20ish dollars and that's all that matters even though I should have ordered it from Amazon earlier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What the hell is this? You posted actual information that is really useful and is going to get me to dump my OG switch pro controller plus makes my Wii u pro controller usable with my switch? Not sure what this brave new world is but thanks.

To add, admittedly not much, to the pro controller discussion: this is literally the worse d-pad I've ever owned lol. I play Splatoon competitively, and I can not tell you the amount of times the wrong input led to me super jumping to the wrong person...>>
And as someone else said, do not use it for puyo puyo: it does not allow for fine precision at all. Better off using the pokken controller if you have that or as someone mentioned the mayflash adapter which I'm looking to get as well.
Also, on a side note unrelated to the d-pad: the pro controller is pretty uncomfortable for some people. It is actually quite painful for me to play with it after awhile, and has been really damaging my right hand's tendon...so I'm really excited about trying the mayflash out as I've never had this issue with a controller before. The switch pro really just wasn't designed all that well...the left stick on my first one stopped working after a few months, and the controller even frequently has syncing/interference issues. A lot of people in the Splatoon community are already on their second or third controller. That's sad, but especially so coming from a company known for making durable products.

What the hell is this? You posted actual information that is really useful and is going to get me to dump my OG switch pro controller plus makes my Wii u pro controller usable with my switch? Not sure what this brave new world is but thanks.
I think it's the depression over every showing of Black Panther being sold out for the last 4 days. I just don't have any motivation to shitpost.

Thanks OP! Wife and I decided to get a Pro Controller and Joycons from Walmart, and used Google Express to get Mario Odyssey with the Zelda basic controller and a copy of Sherrif of Nottingham to maximize the 20% back.

Wonder if this d-pad issue is specific to certain build runs of the controller? I picked one up a few months ago, never heard about this problem until this thread..

I was sorta confused, but then realized that if the adapter allows wireless connectivity then I see how it would be useful (as you can otherwise use other controllers natively, but they have to be connected via USB). Using a PowerA wired switch controller, the wire is definitely getting annoying to deal with. Sorta annoyed I wasted money on it, as I wasn't aware at the time switch supports all those other controllers.
So are you saying that I can use my Wii U Pro Controller also on Switch? If not, I'll have to take advantage of this sale.

So are you saying that I can use my Wii U Pro Controller also on Switch? If not, I'll have to take advantage of this sale.
If you buy a $25 Mayflash adaptor you can Wii U Pro controllers, yes. Keep in mind the Switch controller has gyro, HD rumble, and NFC functionality which Wii U pro controller doesn't have and may be required for certain games.

The adaptor is mostly useful for games like Mario Kart or eventually Smash where you may want to have a lot of people join in but don't want to pay for a ton of Pro controllers that don't get used or force people to use a joy con.

bread's done
Back