- - - - -

Someone trying to break into my GameStop.com account?

#1 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

Got an email from GameStop about an hour ago telling me my account's been locked due to too many incorrect password attempts. Wasn't me, so I assume it's some kind of attack. But there's nothing worth taking on my account (no stored up credits or anything) so I'm guessing it's a widespread attack, not targeted at me specifically?

#2 ritchardf  

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

Got an email from GameStop about an hour ago telling me my account's been locked due to too many incorrect password attempts. Wasn't me, so I assume it's some kind of attack. But there's nothing worth taking on my account (no stored up credits or anything) so I'm guessing it's a widespread attack, not targeted at me specifically?

stolen reward certs get sold on ebay all the time, i assume people try to get into accounts in order to redeem points for those certificates.

#3 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

yeah same thing happened to me about a month ago. Website is an absolute mess. If I have to order something from there, I do a web-in-store order at local store.

#4 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

Meanwhile I actually tried to legitimately redeem a $25 cert the other day to apply towards Secret of Mana and the piece of shit website never let my redemption go through.  I hate that damn website - probably the worst of all the modern retailer websites.  Last time I actually ordered off the website I had my credit card info stolen too.

#5 Bash  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Most likely a phishing attempt. I've gotten the gamestop email that said someone was trying to get into my account, when I don't even have an account with them.(I even tried to sign in and used forgot password. No account at all.)