* * * - - 2 votes

Hot Topic: What Should Be Done About Guns?

guns laws shooting news

#91 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

You haven't been paying attention to the special elections, have you.

Which is why I made the point that Republicans are having low turnout, which is what has happened in the special elections. If the 2nd amendment feels like it's under attack, it will get republicans to show up and vote.

Midterm elections are always a game of which party can get ppl to show up. Historically the party w the Executive branch loses 24 house seats in the first midterm election. It will be curious to see if this one is around that same number or more or less.

#92 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

I find it funny that a bunch of teens got you so worked up. They must be doing something right if they're making grown men throw hissy fits and call them names. Then again, I don't have any attachments to inanimate objects that I tie my masculinity to. 

Why is it masculinity or penis size always brought up when firearms are talked about? Isn't that kind of sexist on your part? what about women who owns or shots firearms? Do you compare their tits size to what firearm they use? What about the mentally ill, who don't conform to male/female? What would you use to compare them with?

#93 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:56 PM

Which is why I made the point that Republicans are having low turnout, which is what has happened in the special elections. If the 2nd amendment feels like it's under attack, it will get republicans to show up and vote.

Midterm elections are always a game of which party can get ppl to show up. Historically the party w the Executive branch loses 24 house seats in the first midterm election. It will be curious to see if this one is around that same number or more or less.

Conservatives can't even get their asses out for highly competitive races and when more people vote, voter lean democratic, which is why red states try to restrict voting rights. This isn't news and I don't know why you're pretending to be neutral.

Why is it masculinity or penis size always brought up when firearms are talked about? Isn't that kind of sexist on your part? what about women who owns or shots firearms? Do you compare their tits size to what firearm they use? What about the mentally ill, who don't conform to male/female? What would you use to compare them with?

That's a weak deflection because I'm specifically talking about you. What part of "I find it funny that a bunch of teens got YOU so worked up" do you not understand? Are you an adult male? Do you even give a shit about sexism? Probably not from your next sentence. Obviously you don't care about the mentally ill either when you think non-conforming is a mental illness, so get the Fuck outta here with that bullshit. You ain't fooling anyone.

#94 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:28 AM

Conservatives can't even get their asses out for highly competitive races and when more people vote, voter lean democratic, which is why red states try to restrict voting rights. This isn't news and I don't know why you're pretending to be neutral.

Who's restricting voting rights?

#95 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

I find it funny that the school decided to have student id and clear backpacks. The little twits are crying that it's a violation of thier 1st amendment right but have no trouble trying to violate my 2nd amendment right.

Are you in a well regulated militia?

#96 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Are you in a well regulated militia?

Yes, a long with all males between the age 17-45.

#97 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

I dont think the national guard has that many people

#98 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

I dont think the national guard has that many people

They don't. You do know that the National Guard is a separate entity from a militia, right?

#99 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:20 AM

They don't. You do know that the National Guard is a separate entity from a militia, right?

Because it's actually well regulated and gets access to actual military ordnance?

#100 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

Because it's actually well regulated and gets access to actual military ordnance?

No, it wouldn't be this way if the people fought instead of rolling over, since you know that one part in the 2nd amendment, "shall not be infringed." We the people should have the same ordnance as the avg GI Joe and then some. If you read American history you would see that people owned muskets, swords, to cannons and gatling guns, and even war ships. We the people kept up with the technology of firearms till the mid 20s then we rolled over for the feelings of "safe".

#101 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Just to clarify. You want to own a SAW and nuclear weapons?

#102 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:15 PM

Just to clarify. You want to own a SAW and nuclear weapons?

Boy, didn't see this question coming a 100 miles away. Short answer: yes.

Long answer: As I said if you look at our history the everyday citizen had the same arms or in most cases better arms then the government had. If someone can afford the cost of buying a nuclear weapon, afford the upkeep of said weapon, and keep it safe from unauthorized person, then by all means go for it.

The 2nd amendment was written to protect the everyday citizen's right to protect oneself from domestic and/or foreign person/government using any arms necessary.

#103 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5980 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Well Fuck

#104 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

Doesnt take long for the mask to slip

#105 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

#106 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

Is easier to post links then have a rational thought I suppose.

#107 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

Glad you liked it.

#108 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

Sarcasm or bad comprehension?

#109 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Glad you liked it.

I did, thanks for the post.

#110 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Glad to see Conservatives have something to talk about when they aren't ignoring Trump et al illegal activity

#111 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

I'm sitting here watching Fox News and CNN as they broadcast the demonstration all I'm hearing is we need to do something, we don't know what but it will come. So lets play a game where it's up to you to fix the "gun problem". What you decide goes, no arguments, no buts. So what's the plan?

One thing I will ask is the next poster not to rebuttal the previous poster's plan. I just want to hear your plan only. I'll start.

My plan is we change our thinking of what guns are, what they do, and why we need them. I believe we need to introduce a safety firearm class to our kids starting in 1st grade all the way to 12th grade. We teach early that guns are not toys and to be respected. Tell them in each grade the 4 rules to handle a firearm. Starting in 5 grade we allow them to handle a firearm and if they show a interest let them learn how to shoot under adult supervision. This takes the irrational fear and the mystery of a firearm out of the equation.

Next we take the no gun signs down from buildings. Not once has those signs worked but to the ones who follow the law. Even then if someone is conceal carrying no one is the wiser unless the building has a metal detector or security doing pat downs.

We allow those teachers who are willing to carry can, concealed only and no one but the teacher and the principle would know. This will allow those who don't want to wouldn't feel pressured into carrying. Last thing you want is someone who's unwilling to carry to carry, that's unfair to them and could become dangerous. I know that alot of teachers want to carry and there are sheriff officers that are willing to teach for free to any teacher who wants the training.

Last is not a law but a statement. Parents need to stop being friends with their kids and start being parents.Kids have enough friends as is; they only get 2 parents in life, some only 1. Start teaching that life has value and choices all have rewards and more importantly consequences in life. We need to pay attention to what our kids watch, listen, and play. We need to set the example what our kids can look up to and to push them to be better then what we are now. Most important is we teach them self respect and that respect is not earned but freely given.

This is, quite possibly, the dumbest shit I have ever read.

#112 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

Just to reiterate. I point out how blatantly dishonest etc. You guys are and how you don't argue in good faith. I get called a troll but the only "arguments" you have are :
No laws will change so don't bother
Billy Bob Cousin Humper will make a bump stock in his garage and turn an el Camino into a technical so don't bother.
None of you are engaging the possibility the NRA takes Putin Pesos in order to sow strife in America.

Don't worry, you're 100% right to engage them the way you are. They have no intention of honestly debating the subject. All their talking points are bullshit.

#113 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

David Hogg is a little Fuck . He is using dead classmates who he doesn't even know for his 15 mins of fame.
https://youtu.be/IUOkBv6wMhc?t=4m26s

Emma Gonzalez is a little Fuck as well, she has came out saying she and her friends knew the shooter, that they would bully him in school.

Friendly reminder that you are insulting children who survived a school shooting. You must live a happy life and not at all be a sad, pathetic piece of shit.

#114 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

This is, quite possibly, the dumbest shit I have ever read.

Cool, what's your plan?

Don't worry, you're 100% right to engage them the way you are. They have no intention of honestly debating the subject. All their talking points are bullshit.

Care to make alternatives points?

Friendly reminder that you are insulting children who survived a school shooting. You must live a happy life and not at all be a sad, pathetic piece of shit.

Friendly reminder that David was not at school the day of the shooting and this site has a multiquote button, so you don't look dumb making all these post one after another.

#115 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

Cool, what's your plan?

Care to make alternatives points?
Friendly reminder that David was not at school the day of the shooting and this site has a multiquote button, so you don't look dumb making all these post one after another.

Let me guess, you get your news from www.americanpatriotnews.ru?

#116 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

Let me guess, you get your news from www.americanpatriotnews.ru?

Who?

#117 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Remember the NRA takes Putin Pesos to brainwash morons

#118 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Msut77 and I don't interpret the 2nd amendment the same way so it would be hard for us to find common ground on this topic. You haven't brought anything meaningful to this topic at all so... you can go back to lurking if your not bringing anything to the big kid table. Msut77 has made points and I respect him having opinions on the topic even if they are different from mine. Bear also has different opinions from mine although it seems like him and I may interpret the 2nd amendment closer to the same so we have a starting point even if we don't agree on some of the other talking points. You on the other hand are just here to what... insult us? Do you have any actual opinions on the topic?

We didn't bring in the new Florida bill that passed recently:

https://www.nytimes....a-gun-bill.html

What do you guys think of it? I don't know that I agree with raising the age from 18 to 21. If we do that then I feel like we need to raise the age of military enlistment to 21 and the smoking and voting age. Either an 18 year old is an adult or not, but I have thought it's silly that the drinking age is 21 and not 18. I would like to see us just pick an age where you can have your rights as an adult and stick with it.

The waiting period seems fine, if I had to wait a couple extra days to buy a gun so they can make sure I'm not a terrorist, I have no problem with that.

Banning bump stocks is fine.

Arming school employees is fine, obviously no teacher or school employee should be required to carry, but I have no problem with my kids teachers carrying if they have had a background check and have a desire to.

Funding school security and expanding mental health is of course great.

What are your thoughts?

#119 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

We didn't bring in the new Florida bill that passed recently:

https://www.nytimes....a-gun-bill.html

What do you guys think of it? I don't know that I agree with raising the age from 18 to 21. If we do that then I feel like we need to raise the age of military enlistment to 21 and the smoking and voting age. Either an 18 year old is an adult or not, but I have thought it's silly that the drinking age is 21 and not 18. I would like to see us just pick an age where you can have your rights as an adult and stick with it.

The waiting period seems fine, if I had to wait a couple extra days to buy a gun so they can make sure I'm not a terrorist, I have no problem with that.

Banning bump stocks is fine.

Arming school employees is fine, obviously no teacher or school employee should be required to carry, but I have no problem with my kids teachers carrying if they have had a background check and have a desire to.

Funding school security and expanding mental health is of course great.

What are your thoughts?

I don't have a problem with raising the age to 21 to buy a firearm, if we raise other rights and benefits to the age of 21 as well. As in smoking, driving, joining the Military, and voting.

The waiting period is just a feel good idea, I've not come across any studies or news reports that this has saved anyone's lives. It's just a minor inconvenience to the law abiding citizens.

Same with the bump stock ban, another feel good idea. I've shown videos of work around and I even tried it. The only case where a bump stock might have been used was the Vegas shooting. I know they said they found rifles with the device on them but was ever confirmed those were used?

Again I'm for arming teachers or a least have armed security on school. This week a school shooting was stopped in FL by a armed security. A man who was not a student entered and fired at a 17 year old boy. The armed guard was able to return fire and stopped the shooter. I want teachers to have that option opened to them.

Lastly mental health is a very slippery slope, who would be the one to draw that line saying someone who's unfit to have firearms? I know some mental health are easy to call out but alot of others would be too hard to say. Like if someone who is mentally fit but then has to take meds for anxiety attacks caused by a new job. Once they're over the anxiety of the new job will they have their rights bestowed back to them or will the gov say no just in case?

#120 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

You guys aren't very good at this. This isn't even good sport.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guns, laws, shooting, news