Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch) $45 ($36 GCU) at BB/Target/WalMart

Are we having price wars? Great deal for those that didn’t pick it up.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Thanks OP.

I got a great deal on the Wii U version a few weeks ago, but don’t know if I can resist upgrading to the Switch version for such a good price. I’m like the one person on the planet who hasn’t played Breath of The Wild... Guess I might as well play the “best” version.

So who is matching who now?  Don't know, but I like what's going on lately.  Can't believe I have 8 copies of this game, but none were the vanilla release version.

Wow is this worth getting if I have Wii U version? Is the performance better?
Yes, the performance is much better. Some enemies on the Wii U version would freeze my screen for a second or two when I defeated them, never encountered that on the switch version. Frame rates and resolution are higher, too. (Owned Wii U version at launch, Switch version a month later. Played both versions to completion.)

Perfect timing. Was gonna pick up a switch this weekend
Is it on sale somewhere? I've been looking into getting one, too.

Was thinking of getting Zelda on this deal, before even owning a Switch. Not sure if that's really CAG-like of me, though...

Is it on sale somewhere? I've been looking into getting one, too.

Was thinking of getting Zelda on this deal, before even owning a Switch. Not sure if that's really CAG-like of me, though...
You can always sell it if you decide not to buy a switch. While I always complain that first party nintendo games rarely go on sale; they do hold their value.

Would buy now to flip back to GameStop later (in hopes of them doing another 60/70 promo), but I'm afraid Nintendo might release a "complete edition" or something along those lines w/ all the dlc. I only say that as they have been on a remastering streak, and it's only a matter of time before they jumped on the definitive/complete/gotten edition bandwagon.

I just bought this on Tuesday from Best Buy before the sale.  Is there a way I can get it price matched to BB and still get the discount?

I just bought this on Tuesday from Best Buy before the sale. Is there a way I can get it price matched to BB and still get the discount?
They're usually pretty good about helping people out in that situation. If nothing else you can just buy another and return it with the original reciept.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought this on Tuesday from Best Buy before the sale. Is there a way I can get it price matched to BB and still get the discount?
You have 14 days, more days if you're a higher tier member, from the day you bought it to price match. You can price match online or over the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal is dead at Best Buy. Target & Wal-Mart are still good though. But we all know and really care about BB, GCU, Baby!

Great deal for all the Switch owners without either of these games.
True, which also begs the question:

giphy.gif

bread's done
Back