* - - - - 1 votes

If you never got Super Mario Cereal with the amiibo, Target has it in stock for $3.xx online

#1 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Or if you forgot about it like I did, here you go!  Found it just randomly looking at nintendo stuff this morning

https://www.target.c...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#2 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Doesn't it function as a generic in game? I think the only 'special' thing is the game calls it a "delicious" amiibo or something like that.

Yea yea, gotta buy 'em all.

...I might get one

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#3 Kretical   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Kretical

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP!  Is the amibo a scanable item inside the box or is the box itself an amibo?

#4 kevlar51   eats babies CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP! Is the amibo a scanable item inside the box or is the box itself an amibo?

Box itself is scannable. You can cut out the scannable section for easier storage.

#5 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

Just a lucky charms wannabe in a smaller box.

#6 Crazydom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Crazydom

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

Only ordered it because of redcard giving free shipping.

Otherwise, the shipping would have been more than the cereal.

#7 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1823 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

I just saw this in Target for the first time today. Bought both boxes and as soon as I got home my nephew tore open a box and had a bowl. Made sure to cutout the amiibo part of the box to use later though. :D

#8 DarkPhantom13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DarkPhantom13

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

Nice! Ordered 2 boxes and got free shipping for using my redcard. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#9 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20139 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

So these are cardboard amiibos?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#10 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1065 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

so does it taste good/ok compared to lucky charms or is it poop

#11 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

I thought it was awful but that’s my opinion. Couldn’t finish the bowl that I had.

#12 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Back in my day we got half zelda and half mario in our cereal. This was back before we had fancy pants figurines that scanned and granted content in our video games. 

#13 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

It's basically discount lucky charms. Stick to lucky charms

#14 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

I thought the allure of the amiibo was the actual toy. Otherwise, they could just let us buy the content as dlc & save the cost it takes to make the toys. Did they try to associate DLC with buying food now instead of a toy? What do you get out of scan-able cardboard (genuine question)?

#15 limelight022  

limelight022

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Cereal in the deals section welcome to 2018. 

#16 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

They're shiiiiiit! -Tony the Tiger

#17 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

I thought the allure of the amiibo was the actual toy. Otherwise, they could just let us buy the content as dlc & save the cost it takes to make the toys. Did they try to associate DLC with buying food now instead of a toy? What do you get out of scan-able cardboard (genuine question)?

..Functionality, for one.

I personally only have a few Amiibo, and don't really care one way or the other for the "figure" aspect.

#18 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

Back in my day we got half zelda and half mario in our cereal. This was back before we had fancy pants figurines that scanned and granted content in our video games.

You know that. Cereal memories.

#19 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

I loved that cereal so much. Couldn't honestly say if it was any good, but it had Nintendo on it.

Also loved the Swedish Chef cereal. That i can remember as being good, but it was also the crunchiest cereal ever. Seriously may have been crunchier than Grape Nuts.

Got some, thanks. Recent Switch owner so new to the amiibo scene, and not really interested in collecting a bunch of figures to clutter my home.

#20 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

..Functionality, for one.
I personally only have a few Amiibo, and don't really care one way or the other for the "figure" aspect.

Functionality as in the dlc aspects? Or do the have bobble heads & the like? Again, if they'd sell people like us (assuming you meant the former) the dlc, they'd save the costs of making the toy, then people who want just the toy could buy it separately.

#21 tonyvx  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

It just gives you hints about Power Moon locations, same as the other amiibo. Or hearts/coins. One of the two, just some random fun thing that comes with the cereal.

#22 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2840 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:24 AM

#23 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12629 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:37 AM

Cereal in the deals section welcome to 2018. 

How soon they forget.  https://www.cheapass...n-crisp-cereal/

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#24 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8513 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Local supermarkets in Los Angeles County were blowing it out for a buck a box about two weeks ago. First Amiibo I've ever bought because the whole Amiibo business annoys me. I'd be really annoyed if there was something I really wanted in a game that could only be obtained by cluttering my house with these things. I've already given up so many items for lack of space, I really don't want a collection of these things just to supply a code over RFID.

If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#25 Zashule   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

I thought it was awful but that’s my opinion. Couldn’t finish the bowl that I had.

Sounds about right, to me it tasted like Marshmellow Mateys and Frankenberry had a horribly deformed love child.

#26 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

It just gives you hints about Power Moon locations, same as the other amiibo. Or hearts/coins. One of the two, just some random fun thing that comes with the cereal.

Cool, thanks. I hate missing out on the Zelda amiibo items, but that makes me more comfortable missing out on this. If it came with the actual toy for that cost, I was planning to buy it to get my first one, but after hearing what it does for Oddysse, I'd probably still pass.

#27 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Local supermarkets in Los Angeles County were blowing it out for a buck a box about two weeks ago. First Amiibo I've ever bought because the whole Amiibo business annoys me. I'd be really annoyed if there was something I really wanted in a game that could only be obtained by cluttering my house with these things. I've already given up so many items for lack of space, I really don't want a collection of these things just to supply a code over RFID.

Don't look at the Zelda ones for BotW (some of which are only available on eBay for high dollar). They offer cosmetic items with in game effects, weapons, etc (several unique to the amiibo, w no option to buy any other way).

#28 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

My local Target had about 8 boxes stocked on the shelf for $2.97. I bought one, but haven't tried it yet. It might be readily available at most Targets now.

Now what Kellogg's needs to bring back is this:

#29 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:54 AM

My local Target had about 8 boxes stocked on the shelf for $2.97. I bought one, but haven't tried it yet. It might be readily available at most Targets now.

Now what Kellogg's needs to bring back is this:

https://youtu.be/Fe3TWZ_3qRg

Now this i can't honestly say i remember.

#30 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9831 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

I just saw this in Target for the first time today. Bought both boxes and as soon as I got home my nephew tore open a box and had a bowl. Made sure to cutout the amiibo part of the box to use later though. :D

I should have done that... my wife through out our first box. =/