If you never got Super Mario Cereal with the amiibo, Target has it in stock for $3.xx online

Doesn't it function as a generic in game? I think the only 'special' thing is the game calls it a "delicious" amiibo or something like that.

Yea yea, gotta buy 'em all.

...I might get one

Thanks for the heads up OP!  Is the amibo a scanable item inside the box or is the box itself an amibo?

Only ordered it because of redcard giving free shipping.

Otherwise, the shipping would have been more than the cereal.

I just saw this in Target for the first time today. Bought both boxes and as soon as I got home my nephew tore open a box and had a bowl. Made sure to cutout the amiibo part of the box to use later though. :D

Back in my day we got half zelda and half mario in our cereal. This was back before we had fancy pants figurines that scanned and granted content in our video games. 

I thought the allure of the amiibo was the actual toy. Otherwise, they could just let us buy the content as dlc & save the cost it takes to make the toys. Did they try to associate DLC with buying food now instead of a toy? What do you get out of scan-able cardboard (genuine question)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the allure of the amiibo was the actual toy. Otherwise, they could just let us buy the content as dlc & save the cost it takes to make the toys. Did they try to associate DLC with buying food now instead of a toy? What do you get out of scan-able cardboard (genuine question)?
..Functionality, for one.

I personally only have a few Amiibo, and don't really care one way or the other for the "figure" aspect.

Back in my day we got half zelda and half mario in our cereal. This was back before we had fancy pants figurines that scanned and granted content in our video games.
I loved that cereal so much. Couldn't honestly say if it was any good, but it had Nintendo on it.

Also loved the Swedish Chef cereal. That i can remember as being good, but it was also the crunchiest cereal ever. Seriously may have been crunchier than Grape Nuts.

Got some, thanks. Recent Switch owner so new to the amiibo scene, and not really interested in collecting a bunch of figures to clutter my home.

..Functionality, for one.
I personally only have a few Amiibo, and don't really care one way or the other for the "figure" aspect.
Functionality as in the dlc aspects? Or do the have bobble heads & the like? Again, if they'd sell people like us (assuming you meant the former) the dlc, they'd save the costs of making the toy, then people who want just the toy could buy it separately.

It just gives you hints about Power Moon locations, same as the other amiibo. Or hearts/coins. One of the two, just some random fun thing that comes with the cereal.

Local supermarkets in Los Angeles County were blowing it out for a buck a box about two weeks ago. First Amiibo I've ever bought because the whole Amiibo business annoys me. I'd be really annoyed if there was something I really wanted in a game that could only be obtained by cluttering my house with these things. I've already given up so many items for lack of space, I really don't want a collection of these things just to supply a code over RFID.

It just gives you hints about Power Moon locations, same as the other amiibo. Or hearts/coins. One of the two, just some random fun thing that comes with the cereal.
Cool, thanks. I hate missing out on the Zelda amiibo items, but that makes me more comfortable missing out on this. If it came with the actual toy for that cost, I was planning to buy it to get my first one, but after hearing what it does for Oddysse, I'd probably still pass.

Local supermarkets in Los Angeles County were blowing it out for a buck a box about two weeks ago. First Amiibo I've ever bought because the whole Amiibo business annoys me. I'd be really annoyed if there was something I really wanted in a game that could only be obtained by cluttering my house with these things. I've already given up so many items for lack of space, I really don't want a collection of these things just to supply a code over RFID.
Don't look at the Zelda ones for BotW (some of which are only available on eBay for high dollar). They offer cosmetic items with in game effects, weapons, etc (several unique to the amiibo, w no option to buy any other way).

My local Target had about 8 boxes stocked on the shelf for $2.97. I bought one, but haven't tried it yet. It might be readily available at most Targets now.

Now what Kellogg's needs to bring back is this:

https://youtu.be/Fe3TWZ_3qRg

I just saw this in Target for the first time today. Bought both boxes and as soon as I got home my nephew tore open a box and had a bowl. Made sure to cutout the amiibo part of the box to use later though. :D
I should have done that... my wife through out our first box. =/

I didn'e even realize this was a Kellog's cereal until I saw the box.  A true cheapass will enter his receipts with the Kellog's Family Rewards site to earn points for this cereal ;)

bread's done
Back