Target Cartwheel Deals 2/25-3/3

Paulis30ish

Banned
Only one deal this week, but at least it's actually a gaming deal this week, so there's that... Here is the deal...

35% Off UFC 3 Standard Edition PS4 or Xbox One (Expires 3/3/18)

I assume this is 50% off the $39.99 price and not the $29.99 price on the website?

Anyone have a Brickseek link for Gunvolt on Switch? Definitely wouldn't mind picking it up with this deal

I just got this for $14.25 after the Target.com price match of $28.49, cartwheel, and red card. They gave me no issues price matching, I guess because it's their own site but YMMV. Good luck!

I just got this for $14.25 after the Target.com price match of $28.49, cartwheel, and red card. They gave me no issues price matching, I guess because it's their own site but YMMV. Good luck!
Your post inspired me to give it a shot and my target had no issue doing this too. $14.41 out the door, really nice deal.

I assume this is 50% off the $39.99 price and not the $29.99 price on the website?
According to Target policy, yes. There point of sale won't block it though it all depends if the cashier is knowledgeable enough or cares. Remember, be kind, and if they deny it, it's their job to do so.

Also helps to add your REDcard to the Target app so that Cartwheel comes off and payment goes right through instantly :whistle2:

According to Target policy, yes. There point of sale won't block it though it all depends if the cashier is knowledgeable enough or cares. Remember, be kind, and if they deny it, it's their job to do so.

Also helps to add your REDcard to the Target app so that Cartwheel comes off and payment goes right through instantly :whistle2:
Your post inspired me to give it a shot and my target had no issue doing this too. $14.41 out the door, really nice deal.
I did and done. Cashier was super cool and had no issue with it. We talked games for a quick minute while he worked it out on the register. Always a YMMV but I got lucky this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did and done. Cashier was super cool and had no issue with it. We talked games for a quick minute while he worked it out on the register. Always a YMMV but I got lucky this time around.
Nice work. I'm about to go do this myself. I have no idea what this game is but for $14 I'm willing to find out.

Nice work. I'm about to go do this myself. I have no idea what this game is but for $14 I'm willing to find out.
Good choice! Both of the games are a lot of fun and pretty challenging too. If you like the Mega Man Zero games back from the GBA or DS days you should really like Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Tried doing online price match+cartwheel but no dice. Still, I bought it at $20+tax because let's keep the tradition of buying stuff I'll never play :bouncy:

Tried doing online price match+cartwheel but no dice. Still, I bought it at $20+tax because let's keep the tradition of buying stuff I'll never play :bouncy:
This is my position on this. I am going to try after work to get the PM and cartwheel. I already have this on 3DS too so I know I won't be playing it anytime soon if ever.

This is my position on this. I am going to try after work to get the PM and cartwheel. I already have this on 3DS too so I know I won't be playing it anytime soon if ever.
I totally agree on this because I have already bought dozens of games on the Switch that I already own on other consoles, however I have been justifying all of my Switch purchases on the price that I paid for it, which I think was a bargain (Bought my Switch from a dude on craigslist for $250 with console, extra joycons, nba 2k18, official switch backpack, 128gb sd card and tempered glass screen protectors).

I totally agree on this because I have already bought dozens of games on the Switch that I already own on other consoles, however I have been justifying all of my Switch purchases on the price that I paid for it, which I think was a bargain (Bought my Switch from a dude on craigslist for $250 with console, extra joycons, nba 2k18, official switch backpack, 128gb sd card and tempered glass screen protectors).
That is an incredible deal! Since the Target that has Gunvolt in stock is unfortunately not the store down the road from my house and instead about 15 miles away I will be calling them to make sure they have it to avoid disappointment, wasting gas, and most importantly time I could be using to play Monster Hunter World.

Went by my local Target during lunch and picked up one of the two copies they had left. No problem price matching, but I got a weird look after he scanned the Target app to pay for it. He asked if I used a gift card, to which I said nope just Cartwheel. He looked at the receipt for a while then handed it to me and told me to have e a good day!

Thanks for the tip! Adding your REDcard to the app and paying with it is definitely the best way to go about it, since the price drops and the transaction goes through as soon as its scanned. Doubt he would have let me scan for cartwheel then pay with something else after it dropped.

Thanks for the tip! Adding your REDcard to the app and paying with it is definitely the best way to go about it, since the price drops and the transaction goes through as soon as its scanned. Doubt he would have let me scan for cartwheel then pay with something else after it dropped.
Yup! Another added benefit is that it's convenient too.

Called Target on my way home from work and had them hold the last copy for me. Went in and got the PM and Cartwheel discount without an issue. Someone else had a copy on hold as well apparently, so glad I called before the last copy sold. Really enjoyed playing the first game on 3DS and never got around to playing the sequel so maybe I'll do that on Switch now.

Called Target on my way home from work and had them hold the last copy for me. Went in and got the PM and Cartwheel discount without an issue. Someone else had a copy on hold as well apparently, so glad I called before the last copy sold.
Two important notes to others putting things on hold:

1. 24 hour holds no longer apply at Target. Holds are until the end of the business day regardless of when you call.

2. If someone orders the game online, and the hold copy is the last copy, the online customer gets preference (since it's a guaranteed sale, versus someone who *might* come in to get).

2a. You could order online, go in-store to cancel it, then ring it up with cartwheel, but that might be tedious and could raise red flags at Guest Service. Best bet is to call and hold it if you can't get there immediately and then try to get in ASAP in the off-chance that someone orders it online.

Went by my local Target during lunch and picked up one of the two copies they had left. No problem price matching, but I got a weird look after he scanned the Target app to pay for it. He asked if I used a gift card, to which I said nope just Cartwheel. He looked at the receipt for a while then handed it to me and told me to have e a good day!

This is exactly how my cashier reacted to my total after I instantly paid with my phone and cartwheel. She stared at it and looked confused. She told me that she thought she input the wrong price when price-matching. I then said I used cartwheel and a few seconds later she said have a good day. Whew! Instant payment with Target card attached to cartwheel is the way to go.

I got it for $15 and change. The Target app literally shows it as "eligible item" with the price listed as $28.49 for me. They tried to tell me it was 50% off the store price of $39.99. She got a manager and the manger adjusted it for me because I showed her my phone screen.

Two important notes to others putting things on hold:

1. 24 hour holds no longer apply at Target. Holds are until the end of the business day regardless of when you call.

2. If someone orders the game online, and the hold copy is the last copy, the online customer gets preference (since it's a guaranteed sale, versus someone who *might* come in to get).

2a. You could order online, go in-store to cancel it, then ring it up with cartwheel, but that might be tedious and could raise red flags at Guest Service. Best bet is to call and hold it if you can't get there immediately and then try to get in ASAP in the off-chance that someone orders it online.
I probably could have snagged the other copy up too, but I think the Cartwheel deal only worked for one purchase. I was tempted to try anyway though but decided to not be that guy because the other person who had one on hold could have done the same thing to me and that would have sucked.

Of course I can and now it's 40
It’s still the best deal I’ve seen on the game at $20. I payed $23.99 with GCU a couple months ago and that’s the cheapest it’s been since this Target deal showed up. I really don’t see it going any lower than this. Honestly, I feel like the game has a better chance of going out of print before it gets any cheaper than this.

I’ll have to do this tomorrow if they are still in stock.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

bread's done
Back