How to completely reset/restore a PlayStation Vita?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying, I can't believe I've been away from the forums for such a long time. Life his taken a strange twist and I've found myself in a situation where I'm trying to sell off a lot of my video game collection.

I have an Chrystal White (AC Liberation bundle) Vita I bought my ex-girlfriend several years ago. It was very infrequently used and I'm selling it as "Used - Like New" online. I found an interested customer whose biggest concern was the firmware (it's running 2.61).

I stated I'd reset the system and format the memory card.

From my understanding there are two ways to do this. You can reset both through the "settings" interface  or by booting into "safe mode" (hold Right trigger, PS button and Power Button while turning on).

The first time I reset the system through the settings menu but it didn't wipe my ex-girlfriends PSN account from the system or the memory card. The second time I reset it through safe mode and it appears that it was wiped as it now gives me the option of setting the Vita up with a new or existing PSN account. I'm not sure how to see if the 4GB memory card is completely restored but I'm assuming it is.

However after both resets the "error history" still shows in the setting menu. Is there a way to clear this as well? There are only general minor errors from the month of August--->September of 2013 when my ex used her system but I'd like to clear everything.

Is there a way to do this or will it forever be tied to the system?

Thanks for the input!

bread's done
Back