CAGcast #537: Gotta Get It Now!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Fortnite mobile, Darwin Project, Microsoft’s new E3 plans, Toys R Us closing, Rainbow Six Siege, Shipwreck's new Xbox One X, and of course, DJMax Respect.
Download (1 hr 17 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is brought to you by Hello Fresh! For $30 off your first week, please visit hellofresh.com and use promo code: cagcast30.
Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Outro - 1988 Toys R US Christmas Nintendo NES Commercial
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
CAGcast on YouTube
Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, Wombat trying to explain a Target to Shipwreck?!? He might as well have been arguing about helicopter engines while he’s at it.

Leaving the XBL thread for the first time in forever because I had to say:

The real scandal here is that Shipwreck has been to visit Long Island multiple times and clearly hasn't engaged in any Target tourism. I just assumed that was all anyone did when he was there.

Also, to echo the pilot, I enjoy the show a lot, I do some pretty intense mental health trauma work, and look forward to the CAGCast at the end of the week to shift gears and laugh some. Most gaming podcasts seem to be more of a fly-on-the-wall to a conversation vs the way you all treat it like a radio show and address listeners, which I enjoy a lot more. 

Also, to echo the pilot, I enjoy the show a lot, I do some pretty intense mental health trauma work, and look forward to the CAGCast at the end of the week to shift gears and laugh some.
I can’t claim that my job is super stressful, but it’s great to listen to the guys chat every week. It definitely puts me in a better mood. It’s a highlight of the week.

Just a heads up Cheapy, you can control which maps and modes you see in Terrorist Hunt on Rainbow Six: Siege. It's in the options menu under Matchmaking preferences. It lets you toggle modes for multiplayer, and maps AND modes for Terrorist Hunt.

Hostage Rescue isn't very fun because people usually kill the hostage, etc. so I turned it off in multiplayer.

All the Terrorist Hunts are pretty overwhelming if you are trying to do them solo, so I only do T-Hunt Classic - Kill All Enemies mode unless I need to do a weekly challenge or something.

Also, I don't think the loot system in Siege is too egregious as well. Yeah, you only get 0.3% boost for buying the Season Pass. But that's for every game you play, all year. I'm not sure Cheapy realizes you can buy most of the cosmetics in alpha packs with in-game currency you earn for free from playing (5% in-game currency boost also with Season Pass), or you can buy them with cash.

The alpha pack loot system is just extra stuff for the user, probably just so Ubi can tell investors they put a loot crate system in the game and to hit up those people prone to gambling problems.

Hey guys! I just wanted to throw in my thanks for hours of entertainment. I work at a steel mill and have worked some of the hottest jobs ever (we spend hours in 130+ degree heat with 3 layers of clothes). Through all that you guys have a part of what keeps my sanity together for 12 hours a day. Keep up the great work!

Pretty neat seeing people come in and talk about their history with the CAGcast. I always look forward to listening to it in my commute, whether I was driving to school, or now that I'm working full-time in the legal field. I've stuck with the CAGcast longer than any other podcast, so thanks guys!

I was on the floor laughing during Wombat's explanation of his Target and how to imagine it as a letter "E"

I also love hearing about the different people who listen to the show.  I started listening in high school and am now an attorney.  Have hardly missed a show.

Thanks for all the laughs.

I was on the floor laughing during Wombat's explanation of his Target and how to imagine it as a letter "E"

I also love hearing about the different people who listen to the show. I started listening in high school and am now an attorney. Have hardly missed a show.

Thanks for all the laughs.
https://youtu.be/8pFJL_6htMg

I decided to make it Classic Moment #20 ;)

bread's done
Back