doing my taxes and donating stuff question about donating stuff to the library or city mission

S

starmask2k3

I'm doing my taxes and I have a lot of stuff and I have a question about donating stuff to the library or the city mission so I can file it when I do my taxes

which one should I  donate the  stuff to the library or the city mission

I'm doing my taxes and I have a lot of stuff and I have a question about donating stuff to the library or the city mission so I can file it when I do my taxes

which one should I donate the stuff to the library or the city mission
Many libraries won't take charity, so go with the mission. Ask them for a donation form to file with your taxes. If I recall correctly, you're limited to $500 in noncash charitable donations.

Many libraries won't take charity, so go with the mission. Ask them for a donation form to file with your taxes. If I recall correctly, you're limited to $500 in noncash charitable donations.
only $500

From my experience, it most likely isn't going to matter anyway unless you itemize your deductions. Most people take the standard deduction.

From my experience, it most likely isn't going to matter anyway unless you itemize your deductions. Most people take the standard deduction.
o ok thanks i wish i could sell everything here but am on a trade banned

o ok thanks i wish i could sell everything here but am on a trade banned
Yeah, for a family of 3 this year, we had property taxes, medical expenses, charitable donations, non-reimbursed work expenses, etc. and it was STILL more beneficial to take the standard deduction.

Assuming you're single, unless your itemized deductions are totaling somewhere in the $6,000+ range ($12,000+ for married filing jointly), it's likely you'll be better off with the standard deduction too.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-deductions-and-credits/tax-deduction-wisdom-should-you-itemize/L8Ln7K0Gp

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back