Gamefly $1 subscription YMMV

Check your emails for an invite to restart your gamefly account for $1 and rent 2 games at a time for 1 month. Make sure you cancel before the second month begins or you will be charged $22.95 a month.

I got the same email. It never takes me long to remember why I stopped using gamefly. I signed up and they sent out my games Wednesday morning and it took till Monday for them to arrive even though the distribution center is one state over.

I didn't get an e-mail, but visiting gamefly.com does give me the $1 offer as well. I have the same problem as Questyen, though - it always takes 3-5 days to get the game, and I often have to wait and send it back due to a cracked or damaged disc.

No email yet, but I've done these $1 subscriptions three times now and always cancel before I have to start paying so I imagine at some point they're going to stop sending me offers. The shipping could be faster but even if I only get through a game or two it's still worth it for a buck.

Didn't get the e-mail but the deal was waiting for me when I went to the site and logged in.

I'll take a month for a buck. It's enough time to demo a bunch of titles I'm having a hard time deciding to buy. Maybe even make it through a couple of the shorter ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please email our support team at Facebook@GameFly. com using the email to your GameFly account and we'll look into this further. Thanks!

I got the same email. It never takes me long to remember why I stopped using gamefly. I signed up and they sent out my games Wednesday morning and it took till Monday for them to arrive even though the distribution center is one state over.

Just did a Free trial through groupon and had the same issue. Took forever to get the games and for them to receive them. The one game I wanted to try was listed as medium stock and didnt ship until my trial was almost over

thanks for the heads up, resubbed for a dollar and they are sending me ni no kuni 2 right off the bat. that alone would be worth way more than the dollar for the month

Didn't see the offer on my account.  Oh well.  I think I did a $1 resub last September or October and cancelled again.  Maybe they're on to me.  Haha.

I didin't get this years gamefly $1 promo, so i looked deeper in my email for last year's. I use that link with no issues for two discs out for $1 "baby come back" trial

Got this deal in my e-mail and renewed for a dollar on March 16th, on the 17th two discs shipped, I have yet to receive either one.

This is why I don't stay subscribed.

Got this deal in my e-mail and renewed for a dollar on March 16th, on the 17th two discs shipped, I have yet to receive either one.

i got one shipped and delivered in 2 days, have a couple medium availability games in my Q and nothing else is getting shipped out

The service is excellent until you try to get recent games. Always a wait time for the latest games in my experience.

Yeah, pretty sure my account is flagged from all the games they never get back or that I never get. Last free trial I did my game didn't show up until 6 weeks after it shipped. It sucks because if it weren't for all the shipping issues I would probably be using GF still for older games and easy completions that I hadn't done yet. Pretty bad when you only get 1-2 games per month because of USPS.

I didn't get an email but do have the offer so went for it. I figure the shipping speed will not have improved and I'll cancel again but can't go wrong for a whole dollar.

Cool, signed back up on Sunday, they shipped Mario Odyssey Monday and Far Cry 5 Tuesday. Now let’s see how long they take to arrive.

After a week, I've received Horizon Zero Dawn and Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 together even though one shipped from the other side of the country and the other from just a couple states away. I don't remember it taking quite so long when I regularly used the service years back.

As a bonus, I also now remember what a small-but-significant inconvenience disc swapping is. I realize how incredibly petty this is, but the thought of taking twenty seconds to get up and swap a disc before a play session genuinely made me rethink how badly I actually wanted to play.

When I inevitably buy the digital versions of these PS4 games, I'll be able to use the saves I make with the disc versions now, right? It seems like such a silly question, but I actually can't find a definitive answer via Google.

If they were Xbox games, yes, but seeing as they're not, I'm not sure. My understanding is that it might work if you delete the physical install and then play the digital install.

After a week, I've received Horizon Zero Dawn and Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 together even though one shipped from the other side of the country and the other from just a couple states away. I don't remember it taking quite so long when I regularly used the service years back.

As a bonus, I also now remember what a small-but-significant inconvenience disc swapping is. I realize how incredibly petty this is, but the thought of taking twenty seconds to get up and swap a disc before a play session genuinely made me rethink how badly I actually wanted to play.

When I inevitably buy the digital versions of these PS4 games, I'll be able to use the saves I make with the disc versions now, right? It seems like such a silly question, but I actually can't find a definitive answer via Google.
Stupidly some games can't copy from physical to digital. I believe these are fine. What I do is back up saves to the cloud, delete the install from disc and then download the full game. Restore saves from the cloud and you're good.

Stupidly some games can't copy from physical to digital. I believe these are fine. What I do is back up saves to the cloud, delete the install from disc and then download the full game. Restore saves from the cloud and you're good.
I'll do that then, thanks.

Yeah, pretty sure my account is flagged from all the games they never get back or that I never get. Last free trial I did my game didn't show up until 6 weeks after it shipped. It sucks because if it weren't for all the shipping issues I would probably be using GF still for older games and easy completions that I hadn't done yet. Pretty bad when you only get 1-2 games per month because of USPS.
That's probably going to happen to me. I reported both as missing a day after posting here. I still haven't received ANY discs, not the originals or their replacements. This is crazy, I've been subscribed to GameFly before and it's never been like this. I still use netflix for discs for my mom and the turnaround from return to the next disc is 3 days almost without fail.

Wow Gamefly has really fallen since I last used it a few years ago. They closed down several centers (one close to me especially hurts) so now I have to wait for them to ship games from PA To FL. They used to get here in 2 days now I'm hoping it gets here in 4. I keep reading from people that you should use it for older games as the new games are hard to get so I tried that but oh my god they have so many games that just say "not available". I'm definitely cancelling as soon as the billing period ends. Looks like the good days of gamefly (if you can even call it that) are over now. RIP

bread's done
Back