Katamari Damacy Vinyl OST - 3000 Copies, 830 remaining

If I could have gotten it shipped free I'd be in. 35 is my cut off for vinyl.
I can't tell if Mondo is exclusively releasing the OST itself, or only their Mondo Exclusive version and another company (Fangamer? Iam8bit?) is going to pick up releasing a non-special copy fwiw

I can't tell if Mondo is exclusively releasing the OST itself, or only their Mondo Exclusive version and another company (Fangamer? Iam8bit?) is going to pick up releasing a non-special copy fwiw
Yeah for StarDew Valley I think Fangamer did a 2nd printing. 3000 Copies for Katamari is quite a bit though. Usually limited releases are 500-1000, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold out. I snagged a copy right at 10 am Pacific, this morning.

Mondo did tweet this tidbit once it did though :)

"This won’t be the only pressing, so if you missed out ... stay tuned."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold out. I snagged a copy right at 10 am Pacific, this morning.

Mondo did tweet this tidbit once it did though :)

"This won’t be the only pressing, so if you missed out ... stay tuned."
yeah from the way they worded the release it sounded a lot like a standard release would be out from someone

The vinyl rebirth has to be the dumbest thing ever. People fork out $30 for things that were recorded and mastered digitally anyways, and then go home and listen to it on their $40 record player they got at sharper image. Even vinyl had audio limitations...it can only go so low or so,high in terms of range. If you really want the purest audio experience, that is cassette tape whicjh is also analogue and provides for a wider range. When are hipsters going to start buying old crt tv’s and video tapes because they want the “warmth” they provide?

The vinyl rebirth has to be the dumbest thing ever. People fork out $30 for things that were recorded and mastered digitally anyways, and then go home and listen to it on their $40 record player they got at sharper image. Even vinyl had audio limitations...it can only go so low or so,high in terms of range. If you really want the purest audio experience, that is cassette tape whicjh is also analogue and provides for a wider range. When are hipsters going to start buying old crt tv’s and video tapes because they want the “warmth” they provide?
I'm have zero feelings towards audio on vinyl, and I do not own a turntable and will probably never own one. That said, I still bought this because I love Katamari, and I loved the look of it. So: HATE ON!

It's definitely not a matter of audio quality for me. I won't pretend for a second I can hear any difference. Except over YouTube quality which is God awful most of the time, but a regular mp3 or Cd would be the same.

I fucking hate digital purchases. Games, music, movies, whatever. I will not spend money on digital content. I like to own my music, and records are so much more substantial than cds. CD always seemed so flimsy and cheap. I like the artwork, I like the weight, I like the process. I listen to a lot of small metal bands and I enjoy supporting them, and I get something out of it other than a shitty download.

As for vintage vinyl, it gives me another thing to look for at flea markets and yard sales. Some days you strike out looking for video games. But if you're looking for games, music, movies, toys, etc. You have less disappointment.

A lot of vinyl releases do get remastered to cater to the format fwiw
Most of the time, though, that's just a product of the "loudness war." Because of differences in formats, vinyl records ARE often mastered with higher dynamic range and lower volume than their CD counterparts, which oftentimes are compressed and limited all to hell these days to make them sound "louder," which studies have shown makes them more appealing on first listen even though it kills their dynamic range and can distort the music. Really, CDs can be mastered with full dynamic range, too. They're just quieter and require you to turn up the volume more. And sometimes vinyl uses the same compressed masters as the CDs. It basically just amounts to choices on the part of the labels/artists/mastering studio.

A lot of vinyl releases do get remastered to cater to the format fwiw
Mondo don't do this, though. They usually get CD master files and work from there like with their Castlevania and Silent Hill releases. Both are just way too loud because it's not mastered properly for the medium. That goes double for Iam8bit who can fuck off forever.

Having said that, when a release is given the proper treatment, you can really notice the difference. Basically anything released by Data Discs or Brave Wave sound absolutely perfect. The Nier soundtracks that recently came out are excellent as well.

bread's done
Back