- - - - -

Ross Dress for Less Stores Video Game finds

#1 Sky Ray   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

A bunch of :wiiu: Guitar Hero Live and :ps3: Skylanders Superchargers Starter Packs have showed up at Ross stores for $4.99 and $5.99 each.

#2 ritchardf  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

going into that glorified garage sale/thrift store kills the deal.

#3 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

Check out ol' Rockefeller here, too good for thrift stores.

#4 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20426 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

#5 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

I may look for Guitar Hero since I haven't been able to track it down at Five Below.  Thanks for the heads up.

#6 ritchardf  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

i love going to thrift stores, because they have thrift store prices. Ross charges way too much for what they are.

#7 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20426 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

i love going to thrift stores, because they have thrift store prices. Ross charges way too much for what they are.

New?

#8 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Thrift stores are better maintained. Every Ross I've had the misfortune of going to always looks like they'd just been carpet bombed. 

#9 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

A bunch of :wiiu: Guitar Hero Live and :ps3: Skylanders Superchargers Starter Packs have showed up at Ross stores for $4.99 and $5.99 each.

Guitar Hero for Wii U, 360, and PS3 was at Five Below for months

#10 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

You can probaly find a name brand dress shirt with a huge big ole nut stain on it as well. Rather a white polo Ralph Lauren sweater with brown stains on sleeves like somebody wiped their ass with it. I've seen it all but mainly TJ Maxx.

#11 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13556 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

I have driven by them many times, never stopped.

Closest I came was turning around in the parking lot several times on McKnight Rd.

#12 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3914 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:21 AM

Ain’t as bad as Family Dollar.

#13 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13556 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:28 AM

Ain’t as bad as Family Dollar.

Do you feel like you need a hot shower after leaving?

#14 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:04 AM

I think this is literally the most YMMV thread I've ever seen on here.

I'm pretty sure Ross is mainly stocked with mismanufactured products and returns from non-crappy stores. Pretty much every Ross you walk into is going to have a completely different inventory.

#15 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

I'm gonna pop some CAGs
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for Skylanders
This is fucking awesome

#16 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3914 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

Do you feel like you need a hot shower after leaving?

Family Dollar yes, Ross no.

#17 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

I think this is literally the most YMMV thread I've ever seen on here.

That's the only explanation, because I've never seen a Ross in bad shape, let alone as bad as they're making then out to be.

#18 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20426 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Look, it's obviously YMMV.  I've seen some decently maintained Ross stores.  The on in downtown Seattle isn't bad, it's well stocked, and that's with what I assume a big homeless/shoplifting problem.  I've also see Ross stores in decent suburbs that look like shit because they barely staff enough people to man 1-2 registers let alone keep the floor looking good and the customers just trash stuff.  

None of that has ever stopped me from buying cheap shit, though I prefer TJ Maxx/Marshall's.  They are a little pricier, but tend to have a better selection from my experience.  

I mean, you weirdos will literally spend a day driving to 50 different Gamestops that all smell like sweat, teen hormones, and g-fuel, but you act like spending a few minutes in a Ross is the worst thing in the world.  

#19 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Most of the Kohls and at least one of the walmarts around me seem to also have Skylanders and Guitar Hero at clearance prices. I went to a Ross on a whim and the place looked.....strange. A lot of asian people and the mens aisles were disorganized with products strewn on the floor in some areas while the women's section (which was easily half of the store) looked more presentable.

#20 Ratmonkey  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

I'm gonna pop some CAGs
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for Skylanders
This is fucking awesome

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey

#21 Doubletriplekill   Pepridge Farm Members CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Doubletriplekill

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Goodwill is definitely worse than Ross aesthetically speaking. The WW1 widows running that place aren't great at maintaining it. Also Goodwill advertises the fact that their employees are literally unemployable anywhere else. It's the primary marketing tool used to get people to go there. Ross looks like a Macy's that was the victim of a 100 person snatch and grab like 5 minutes ago in perpetuity. I like both.

#22 Ray5555   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Goodwill is definitely worse than Ross aesthetically speaking. The WW1 widows running that place aren't great at maintaining it. Also Goodwill advertises the fact that their employees are literally unemployable anywhere else. It's the primary marketing tool used to get people to go there. Ross looks like a Macy's that was the victim of a 100 person snatch and grab like 5 minutes ago in perpetuity. I like both.

I was having a bad day until I read the last line. OMG that made me laugh for 10 minutes straight I thank you.

#23 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

GH live is for Wii U has been $5 for months?  I have never seen it that low.  That would be a great game to buy my nephew.

#24 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

I've never seen or heard it referred to as "Ross Dress for Less". It's just Ross.

#25 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

I mean, you weirdos will literally spend a day driving to 50 different Gamestops that all smell like sweat, teen hormones, and g-fuel, but you act like spending a few minutes in a Ross is the worst thing in the world.  

I love this. The last Gamestop I went into literally had three sweaty dudes fighting over a Atgames Genesis clone console for 50 bucks. There's no telling what would have happened if I told them I had just bought an actual Genesis for 10 bucks at a thrift store not 20 mins earlier. Onions and Dew sweat would have rained down on me I'm sure.

#26 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

I used to work at one. I felt dirty just being there. We only had one customer restroom with one stall. The smells oh the horror. I shit you not one time we had a customer shit in the ladies fitting room because another customer was blowing up the restroom. They attempted to persuade me to go in there and clean it up which I didn't. My cowoworker did however since he was a yes man and management had been leading him on making think he was going to move up within the company. He never did. He ended up quitting one day no call no show. A few weeks later I also quit without notice. Ross will just shit on you. Horrible company. This was at the location in Anaheim plaza in commiefornia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#27 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

Only in California would some piece of garbage feel justified in shitting in a dressing room in a clothing store because someone else had the audacity to occupy the bathroom. Typical fucking de-evolution on full display.

#28 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12717 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

Only in California would some piece of garbage feel justified in shitting in a dressing room in a clothing store because someone else had the audacity to occupy the bathroom. Typical fucking de-evolution on full display.

https://www.google.c...a dressing room

Yep, "only in California".

Must be real fun livin in that head of yours.

#29 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:26 AM

https://www.google.c...a dressing room

Yep, "only in California".

Must be real fun livin in that head of yours.

Wow. I guess somehow Im living a sheltered life, this is certainly news to me, and f**king disgusting, and before anybody jumps on me, I dont live in a gated fairy-tale community, the last family dollar I went to a few weeks ago in downtown asbury park had broken crackviles littering the gutter in front of it, a shopping cart bum peeing in the alley next to it, and I was wondering if I was gonna get jumped inside the store.

#30 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1541 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

I love this. The last Gamestop I went into literally had three sweaty dudes fighting over a Atgames Genesis clone console for 50 bucks.

I've played those AtGames consoles. Instead of fighting over it, they should have been running away.