CAGcast #540: Needs More Bliss

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang discuss Far Cry 5, changes to God of War, and important films such as Boss Baby and Freddie Got Fingered.

Download (1 hr 23 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys. Please visit http://www.harrys.com/cag to get a trial shave set for FREE when you sign up for this special offer.
Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Loud Luxury feat. brando - Body (Dirtcaps Remix)
Outro - Chuck E. Cheese's 1984 commercial
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole bliss bullet thing is just dumb. You never actually get shot by one. It’s just a hidden timer that after a few seconds the cutscene is automatically triggered. I was in a prepper stash where there was absolutely no way I could get shot, and it still triggered. It’s a horrible, lazy excuse for a way to start a cutscene.

I like the addition of the strategy of picking the right helper buddy for the situation, but in every other way FC5 feels like a downgrade from FC4. I guess I need to check out wildlands. I avoided it because I always associate Ghost Recon with team multiplayer.

Also, the quests suffer from sameness. After completing 2 zones, I haven’t seen anything that was as neat as burning the drug fields in FC3.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense to the deeply religious but the reason for the eggs, bunnies, chicks, lilies and flowers in Easter is because Christians co-opted a pagan holiday known as Ishtar, a tribute to Sumerian fertility goddess. Because, y'know, it's springtime.

Was Tai confused when he saw his father in "Ant-Man"?

corey-stoll.jpg

I relistened and one thing that really stood out is Ship’s comment about being really sick of fake currencies in games. I totally agree but I think it’s just going to get more and more prevalent.

Amusing ASMR section. It's always funny to hear the reactions of those discovering it that don't possess that tingly physical reaction and, thus, really don't understand it. (I always thought it was a universal feeling growing up.) Cheapy's quick mock tapping actually was enough to trigger it for me.

There's nothing inherently sexual about it. As with all videos, though, all else being equal, most would choose the more physically attractive face to look at.

I agree with a lot of everyone's Far Cry 5 impressions.  The game looks great, the setting is excellent, has a lot of the Far Cry hooks, but just lacks the progression fulfillment that you got with 3,4, and even Primal.  Character, weapon progression, it just feels, boring. 

The enemies are hyper sensitive and they just keep coming out of nowhere sometimes when you're in some remote part of the valley, I'm sure they will fix this. 

Curious how you guys feel about the player character not having a voice?

Been listening since the beginning, appreciate all the time you guys give up for our enjoyment.  Wombat you're no longer new by the sound of your cough, bring back 5277.

bread's done
Back